2014 Spring Practice - Day 1

AU64

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the answer is no, but has there been any word on Owens?

He was apparently at practice this morning, per his twitter feed:

1. Bo-Stud @Flintstonefred1 1h
    @KingLO1091 Oh yeeeeea. Today's the first day of Spring Practice right??

2. eZvNB5FF_bigger.jpeg LaDarius Owens@KingLO1091 1h
    @Flintstonefred1 yea we jus finished
    Hide conversation
    10:56 AM - 18 Mar 2014 · Details

War Eagle guys!

It does not feel right without a quarterback controversy though.

Nick sucks ... give Jeremy a shot!

How's that? :big:

How much would it shock the world, and scare the rest of the SEC, if Jeremy were to actually be named the starter?

War Eagle guys!

It does not feel right without a quarterback controversy though.

Nick sucks ... give Jeremy a shot!

How's that? :big:/>

All is right in the world again haha

Jonathan Mincy, Josh Holsey, Jermaine Whitehead and Jay Jones started out first team secondary.

First team OL looked like LT Pat Miller, Alex Kozan, Dismukes, Slade and Avery Young.

Freshman WR Stanton Truitt worked with kick return along with Corey Grant, Rudy Ford and Quan Bray.

Kris Frost and Cassanova McKinzy were the linebackers with Robenson Therezie at star. Mackenro Alexander was second-team star.

http://auburn.247spo...-Notes-26577695 (free content)

Where is Justin Garret?

Recovering from ACL surgery.

Ah, I thought he was ready to go for Spring training. Never mind then...

Jonathan Mincy, Josh Holsey, Jermaine Whitehead and Jay Jones started out first team secondary.

First team OL looked like LT Pat Miller, Alex Kozan, Dismukes, Slade and Avery Young.

Freshman WR Stanton Truitt worked with kick return along with Corey Grant, Rudy Ford and Quan Bray.

Kris Frost and Cassanova McKinzy were the linebackers with Robenson Therezie at star. Mackenro Alexander was second-team star.

http://auburn.247spo...-Notes-26577695 (free content)

Where is Justin Garret?

Recovering from ACL surgery.

Ah, I thought he was ready to go for Spring training. Never mind then...

Garrett had a foot injury last year, ready to go now.

Link

David Pollack talks with Rhett Lashlee and Nick Marshall about the QB's transformation last year.

BjBX8eYIYAAiZBF.jpg

@GregO_ESPN

For some reason Pollack hates AU. It is obvious when he talks about us. He cannot stand us. Therefore, I do not like him at all.

I think the answer is no, but has there been any word on Owens?

He was apparently at practice this morning, per his twitter feed:

1. Bo-Stud @Flintstonefred1 1h
    @KingLO1091 Oh yeeeeea. Today's the first day of Spring Practice right??

2. eZvNB5FF_bigger.jpeg LaDarius Owens@KingLO1091 1h
    @Flintstonefred1 yea we jus finished
    Hide conversation
    10:56 AM - 18 Mar 2014 · Details

I saw #10 on the field in the practice video. He was there.

I saw #10 on the field in the practice video. He was there.

That was Stanton Truitt.

Owens did not practice. He injured himself during winter workouts.

I read somewhere that Garrett took the majority of his reps at WLB. He never had ACL issues.

meta, any information on the severity of Owens' injury? It shows the depth (or lack thereof) for the DE spot that, at least according to one source, our first team DEs were Lawson and Daniel (who played almost exclusively at DT the second half of last year) and the second team DEs were President and Nero (who has been a DT since he arrived at Auburn and neither guy has ever really played). I'm not particularly worried about Owens. If he's ready for fall practice, that's good enough for me. Just wondering what happened.

Starting to agree, but I suppose it depends, in part, on the better fit for Devonte Lambert (inside or outside) and the progress we see from Harrell, President, and Nero (if he sticks outside). Assuming Owens will be good by fall and given Lawson's spot, DE could either be just fine with Lambert outside plus reasonable development from the three above (plus an addition of any incoming freshman) or a complete void with Lambert fitting much better inside and the other three essentially non-contributors.

If we're in the former, I'm guessing Daniel would play inside. If we're in the latter, he definitely plays outside.

Blackson also spent time with first team DL. Rotation was Blackson, Whitaker, Wright, Lawson on the first team DL some.

Archived