2015 4* QB/ATH Jauan Jennings (Tennessee signee)

au_bsci_04

Interesting take:

@kkolumbo: For those dying for AU to get an elite safety in the 2015 class, Jauan Jennings is it. He's a top 50 player at S.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting take:

@kkolumbo: For those dying for AU to get an elite safety in the 2015 class, Jauan Jennings is it. He's a top 50 player at S.

Now this is very, very interesting. I like hearing this.

TBH I'd rather take Jordan Colbert and try to snag Roundtree than take a great ATH in Jennings and find a spot for him to fit.

TBH I'd rather take Jordan Colbert and try to snag Roundtree than take a great ATH in Jennings and find a spot for him to fit.

Try to fit him in? We've got all sorts of room. Jennings is a better athlete than Colbert.

Also, Roundtree isn't very likely. He's from a very pro-UGA part of Georgia and his HS coach who was pro-Auburn just left to take another job.

May be a better athlete but where does he play? Right now it's QB (which you admitted wasn't likely), ATH (which means that he plays WR and has to learn how to actually play the position), or S (which you brought up from Kyle, and is again not what he plays in HS and a position he will have to learn). Just saying that sometimes it's better to take a little less of an athlete if that person has a strong positional foundational. Colbert is the #13 S in the country.

Prob right on Roundtree, but we have been recruiting him and he has been to campus, which is more than we can say for Jennings at the moment.

Vols claiming that an insider of theirs says Jennings is definitely picking Tennessee on the 7th. Supposedly talked to his coach or someone at his HS.

^^* That kind of reminds me of another stud athlete awhile back

like every major recruit that gave the vols a look. However, maybe they are right this time. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

From the Birmingham NTFC

Kipp Adams

ATH Jauan Jennings is here. Working out at QB, visited Auburn yesterday, announcing decision April 7.

JC Shurburtt

Three star QB, high four or five-star safety....

BUT if he picks Auburn in that system he can be a good college quarterback.

Elite guy.

This was so out of "left field" to begin with. We didn't even really know who he was until Barton's story last week. It looks like Jennings is trying to drum up publicity for his announcment... :glare:

They are making promises that we won't make. Of course he may be the best QB they have when he arrives. He would likely never play QB for us.

Vols claiming that an insider of theirs says Jennings is definitely picking Tennessee on the 7th. Supposedly talked to his coach or someone at his HS.

So,that means he isn't picking Tennessee,right?

If he were to commit to us would that mean we are done at QB? Or would we still look at T Gibson and K Locksley?

Good question. I kinda doubt it will matter. Jones is pulling out all the stops in recruiting. Making promises we won't make to kids. They are desperate. I wouldn't be shocked if we learn of some funny business going on in Knoxville in the coming years.

I think if Jennings were to commit to us it would be clearly understood that he was doing so as an athlete and not a QB

I believes he's coming in as a QB wherever he goes? What he's stated in past interviews...

Yeah. I just believe they are the only school promising QB only. Also they have very little talent at QB compared to the other teams he is considering. I would love to be wrong but he seems set on playing QB only.

I believes he's coming in as a QB wherever he goes? What he's stated in past interviews...

I understand that, but I think Auburn would be the exception. That leads me to believe that he likely won't choose Auburn. AU wouldn't take this guy over someone like Torrance Gibson and we aren't going to take 3 true QBs in this class.

Archived