2015 3* C Darryl Williams (Miss State signee)

BeatBama1972

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still want Patterson and Ivey. ;D

Me too, but that's a lot of OL.

Assuming that playing time was more important than an AU degree, I bet the ones who felt they were on the bottom of the pecking order would find another home before NSD. We have seen that happen even after they enroll.

Guest NC1406

With him not having a Bama offer, I can't help but wonder that even if he commits to us tomorrow, if Bama offering later would make him reconsider.

^^Thats exactly what he's hopeing for.

And you know this for a fact?

The skuttlebut is that he was waiting on a Bama offer. If that was just for prestige, and not because he wants to go to Bama, that changes things in my mind.

Great point. My oldest sons best friend from high school applied to UNC just to turn them down. UNC has an academic "reputation" around our area. This kid wanted to study advanced science programs not available at liberal arts schools but he wanted to tell his highly rated classmates that he turned their school down. While I hate UNC I wish my son had chosen that school because his 50% scholarship would have paid 100% at UNC due to the lack of interest in ROTC at the liberal arts uni.....oh well.

Guest NC1406

With him not having a Bama offer, I can't help but wonder that even if he commits to us tomorrow, if Bama offering later would make him reconsider.

The skuttlebut is that he was waiting on a Bama offer. If that was just for prestige, and not because he wants to go to Bama, that changes things in my mind.

Great point. My oldest sons best friend from high school applied to UNC just to turn them down. UNC has an academic "reputation" around our area. This kid wanted to study advanced science programs not available at liberal arts schools but he wanted to tell his highly rated classmates that he turned their school down. While I hate UNC I wish my son had chosen that school because his 50% scholarship would have paid 100% at UNC due to the lack of interest in ROTC at the liberal arts uni.....oh well.

This article makes it sound like the coaches at the school Williams plans to commit to don't yet know. Does anyone have any inside info on whether this is old news, whether he's contacted our coaches, and so forth?

6_1327043.jpg

Four-star offensive lineman Darryl Williams of Bessemer City (Ala.) told 247Sports he will announce his commitment 9 a.m. Thursday at his school.

The programs still in the hunt: Auburn, Florida State, Kentucky and Mississippi State.

He recently has called Auburn his leader.

Asked if that were still the case, Williams replied, "Yeah, as of right now."Four-star offensive lineman Darryl Williams of Bessemer City (Ala.) told 247Sports he will announce his commitment 9 a.m. Thursday at his school.

The programs still in the hunt: Auburn, Florida State, Kentucky and Mississippi State.

He recently has called Auburn his leader.

Asked if that were still the case, Williams replied, "Yeah, as of right now."

As for ending the process now, Williams stated, "I just want to get it over with now and focus on my high school team. I'm very excited to get it over with."

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Auburn-target-to-announce-Thursday-29328715

Sounds like AU is not ready for his committment just yet. Several factors to consider. We were late on BK but a lot of people think he is the better center prospect. Can we steal him from Saban at the 11th hour? Also is Harrell going to stay with Auburn? And do we have a realistic shot with Patterson? I think we do. All these questions affect our recruitment of DW. Don't we just have room for two more in this class?

Per one of his coaches on pages 8, 9, or 10 this is incorrect. He wanted the prestige of having their elite offer, not to commit to them.

If Williams commits would that mean that Kim stays at guard and Patterson loses his spot?

There is more involved than those kids. Kim likely would stay at Guard. Don't forget Harrell. He is on decommit watch if there is such a thing. The only way it looks that Patterson would not be a take as things stand now is if everybody stays committed plus Williams and Ivey are added. That's 6 scholly OL for the class plus transfer Golson who will go on scholly next year. It's very unlikely AU would take a 7th schollied OL in this class.

I think he commits elsewhere

You said that on Harris and maybe Carr to. Keep doing that for our top targets. It's working well for us.

Gus reportedly in Hawaii.....on such a critical day? ...but now the commitment date has been changed (again?).

Looks like Gus was wise not to plan his vacation schedule around the whims of high school football players.

Is this another case where a player has difficulty deciding....and meanwhile the train is leaving (or has left) the station from AU ...and maybe some other schools also ? :-\

You said that on Harris and maybe Carr to. Keep doing that for our top targets. It's working well for us.

I was wrong, sue me, lol! These guys didn't give off great vibes prior to committing. Still not sure about TC as a tackle, but the coaches have a plan. Glad he's on board.

I was wrong, sue me, lol! These guys didn't give off great vibes prior to committing. Still not sure about TC as a tackle, but the coaches have a plan. Glad he's on board.

AU is still going to sign a true OT in this class. Carr has really started to dedicate himself, little talking too by AU, and has really started to show his true abilities. He could play OT but can damn sure play OG. AU is hoping Carr can play OT. No clue on Williams. Don't know if he is a take anymore or not.

Did Darryl not give his commitment this morning at 9 a.m.? This has the smell of saban and kiffin all over it.

I wonder what happened with the announcement? Maybe Little Nicky's check didn't clear?

HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA OH MY GOD SO FUNNY!! I HAVEN'T HEARD THAT JOKE BEFORE! HAHAHA KEEP THEM COMING PLEASE

Thanks Britt, hearing the same thing. Other sources are saying bama is also on his mind , tifwiw.

Archived