2015 3* C Darryl Williams (Miss State signee)

BeatBama1972

Oh my, gotta love the offseason. Ha! :)/>

I actually did love this offseason, until recently. Decency is taking a nosedive around these parts, in a variety of ways. See photos of a man and his daughter above.

What's wrong about this? It's just a pic of bama recruit Reuben Foster with his daughter, and a brand new hummer. How does he afford that with no job?

Maybe someone in his family is rich! I thought BAMA focused on Dodge Chargers. I don't understand why we have pics of Foster on a thread for a recruit, Williams.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually did love this offseason, until recently. Decency is taking a nosedive around these parts, in a variety of ways. See photos of a man and his daughter above.

What's wrong about this? It's just a pic of bama recruit Reuben Foster with his daughter, and a brand new hummer. How does he afford that with no job?

Maybe someone in his family is rich! I thought BAMA focused on Dodge Chargers. I don't understand why we have pics of Foster on a thread for a recruit, Williams.

Because there are people on this board who are obsessed with Bama and the way they do things. Give it a rest.

Oh my, gotta love the offseason. Ha! :)

Here is my parting shot on this matter. The photo, which I posted and don't see how anyone could consider it indecent other than being a picture of a rival player in different recruit's thread, was in direct response to what I quoted above it. I respect and appreciate Ellitor as much as anyone on this forum for the information he brings and effort he puts in, and got his point about it not being an every incident is because of "fill in the blank". But clearly we have a rival that will do extraordinary things such as blatantly give a poor kid a luxury car to sign with them. If they do these things WE KNOW THEY DO, it isn't much of a stretch to assume they do a lot of little stuff we never see or hear about.

If that's indecent, then I guess I'm guilty as charged but I'm also not delusional to think this stuff isn't going on.

And back to Williams, I sure would like for him or Kennedy to either fish or cut bait.

Oh my, gotta love the offseason. Ha! :)

Here is my parting shot on this matter. The photo, which I posted and don't see how anyone could consider it indecent other than being a picture of a rival player in different recruit's thread, was in direct response to what I quoted above it. I respect and appreciate Ellitor as much as anyone on this forum for the information he brings and effort he puts in, and got his point about it not being an every incident is because of "fill in the blank". But clearly we have a rival that will do extraordinary things such as blatantly give a poor kid a luxury car to sign with them. If they do these things WE KNOW THEY DO, it isn't much of a stretch to assume they do a lot of little stuff we never see or hear about.

If that's indecent, then I guess I'm guilty as charged but I'm also not delusional to think this stuff isn't going on.

And back to Williams, I sure would like for him or Kennedy to either fish or cut bait.

Next time, instead of posting a picture of a little girl in connection with an alleged recruiting violation, how about you post something that shows that the car is actually his?

I'd be happy if he wanted to commit to Auburn.

Then I guess you are happy, because he wants to commit to Auburn. I think he tried to commit before the committable offer expired, but got whistle bit. If we only have two more OL spots who would you want? I would take Patterson and Ivey. But since they are only 50/50 staff might go ahead with DW. Just don't know what CGM and CJBG are thinking right now, but my guess is they want Darryl to wait until they have a better read on MI and JP. If Williams doesn't want to wait a while, my guess is he commits to MSU. Don't get me wrong. I'm OK with DW, but I do like Patterson and Ivey more. In fact there are a couple more out there that I would take above DW, but they are even longer shots.

Then I guess you are happy, because he wants to commit to Auburn. I think he tried to commit before the committable offer expired, but got whistle bit. If we only have two more OL spots who would you want? I would take Patterson and Ivey. But since they are only 50/50 staff might go ahead with DW. Just don't know what CGM and CJBG are thinking right now, but my guess is they want Darryl to wait until they have a better read on MI and JP. If Williams doesn't want to wait a while, my guess is he commits to MSU. Don't get me wrong. I'm OK with DW, but I do like Patterson and Ivey more. In fact there are a couple more out there that I would take above DW, but they are even longer shots.

I'd like either DW or BK at center. I think both are smart and would do well there. I think Kim is also smart and probably would do well, too. But I kinda like DW or BK at OC, with Kim staying at OG.

I'd like both JP and Ivey; but if I had to pick one, I'd go with Ivey, because he is a beast and we are already stacked with OGs in this class.

It remains to be seen what will happen with Harrell (with him being committed to us, but UTk ranked his #1 school and all).

Also, I wouldn't be too upset if we made room for another OL commit by not taking another QB in this class.

Because there are people on this board who are obsessed with Bama and the way they do things. Give it a rest.

I agree we could do with out it but who am I?

These are my thoughts as well. No inside info here, but I suspect that Kaleb Kim might've worked his way to the top of our OC board (Womack notwithstanding) if he isn't needed at OG. The way I see it, Patterson is a take, Carr is a guard and we don't need 4 OGs, so something's gotta give.

I agree we could do with out it but who am I?

A faithful supporter of Auburn Football!

Why is center so looked down upon by recruiting sites? Top two are only 3 or low 4stars. A good one is like another QB on the field and the fact he snaps it to the QB every down and then has to block makes his job hard. They are an incredibly hard position to fill in need (remember when we lost 3 in a season?). Just wondering

Why is center so looked down upon by recruiting sites? Top two are only 3 or low 4stars. A good one is like another QB on the field and the fact he snaps it to the QB every down and then has to block makes his job hard. They are an incredibly hard position to fill in need (remember when we lost 3 in a season?). Just wondering

:dunno: I agree with you.

I'd like either DW or BK at center. I think both are smart and would do well there. I think Kim is also smart and probably would do well, too. But I kinda like DW or BK at OC, with Kim staying at OG.

I'd like both JP and Ivey; but if I had to pick one, I'd go with Ivey, because he is a beast and we are already stacked with OGs in this class.

It remains to be seen what will happen with Harrell (with him being committed to us, but UTk ranked his #1 school and all).

Also, I wouldn't be too upset if we made room for another OL commit by not taking another QB in this class.

You made two great points Britt. If Harrell were to decommit its a whole new ball game. And it wouldn't hurt my feelings either if we don't take another QB. A lot of outstanding QB prospects high on Auburns list in the 2016 class. We can't sign two every year or we'll have 8 or so on scholarship. I say let the NSD announcement by Ivey take the second QB spot. Gibson can come as an athlete or sign somewhere else.

You made two great points Britt. If Harrell were to decommit its a whole new ball game. And it wouldn't hurt my feelings either if we don't take another QB. A lot of outstanding QB prospects high on Auburns list in the 2016 class. We can't sign two every year or we'll have 8 or so on scholarship. I say let the NSD announcement by Ivey take the second QB spot. Gibson can come as an athlete or sign somewhere else.

Not trying to derail this thread but if we don't take a QB this class we could be in some trouble. By the 2015 season we would only have 4 scholarship QBs. JWall who would be a senior, JJ who would be a junior, Sean White who would be a redshirt freshman, and Tyler Queen who would be a true freshman. I could very well be wrong but wouldn't 4 be a little low? I feel like 5 would be an ideal number for the 2015 season.

What also seems to be weird about C rankings is that for the last few years at least, many of the top rated Cs haven't played a snap there in high school or at any camps. I know it's all about projecting talent to the next level, but it's weird there aren't a bunch of guys playing C in high school who could translate just as well.

We don't know if his offer has expired yet. The staff is on vacation. After they get back in Mid July then they will evaluate the OL and then decide if DW is a take or not.

It's not so much they are looked down on as the sites' rankings are heavily based on Pro Draftability. Centers are not typically drafted as high or often as other positions so they are usually ranked lower.

Not trying to derail this thread but if we don't take a QB this class we could be in some trouble. By the 2015 season we would only have 4 scholarship QBs. JWall who would be a senior, JJ who would be a junior, Sean White who would be a redshirt freshman, and Tyler Queen who would be a true freshman. I could very well be wrong but wouldn't 4 be a little low? I feel like 5 would be an ideal number for the 2015 season.

4 is not an only type of thing. 4 is not low and is what the staff wants at all times. With that said J-Wall only looks to play in emergency situations as things are now so the staff would like 4 QBs besides J-Wall.

What also seems to be weird about C rankings is that for the last few years at least, many of the top rated Cs haven't played a snap there in high school or at any camps. I know it's all about projecting talent to the next level, but it's weird there aren't a bunch of guys playing C in high school who could translate just as well.

Not weird at all. In high school your best OLs are from outside to in so the best are usually at tackle in high school. Not every tackle in high school are not tall enough or long enough to be a college tackle so they naturally get projected to Guard or Center in college.

4 is not an only type of thing. 4 is not low and is what the staff wants at all times. With that said J-Wall only looks to play in emergency situations as things are now so the staff would like 4 QBs besides J-Wall.

looking at the qb depth chart.. I am not troubled at all. We have three NFL draft picks in Nick, Sean, and JJ for sure! As long as we get Pass or Shea in next years class, Auburn will be right where they want to be

looking at the qb depth chart.. I am not troubled at all. We have three NFL draft picks in Nick, Sean, and JJ for sure! As long as we get Pass or Shea in next years class, Auburn will be right where they want to be

Yes but you gotta figure on there being some QB attrition down the line when you try to consistently have 4 high quality QBs on roster at the same time.

Well, don't forget about the other players we'll have who either will be getting a shot at QB or have played QB in high school. I'd be ok with 4 if it meant we could pull a true center, JP, and Ivey in this class.

Archived