2015 3* C Darryl Williams (Miss State signee)

BeatBama1972

What also seems to be weird about C rankings is that for the last few years at least, many of the top rated Cs haven't played a snap there in high school or at any camps. I know it's all about projecting talent to the next level, but it's weird there aren't a bunch of guys playing C in high school who could translate just as well.

Not weird at all. In high school your best OLs are from outside to in so the best are usually at tackle in high school. Not every tackle in high school are not tall enough or long enough to be a college tackle so they naturally get projected to Guard or Center in college.

That makes sense, E. Though I really like what I have heard in particular about the leadership skills of both DW and BK (which leads me to believe they're 'true' center prospects).

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What also seems to be weird about C rankings is that for the last few years at least, many of the top rated Cs haven't played a snap there in high school or at any camps. I know it's all about projecting talent to the next level, but it's weird there aren't a bunch of guys playing C in high school who could translate just as well.

Not weird at all. In high school your best OLs are from outside to in so the best are usually at tackle in high school. Not every tackle in high school are not tall enough or long enough to be a college tackle so they naturally get projected to Guard or Center in college.

That makes sense, E. Though I really like what I have heard in particular about the leadership skills of both DW and BK (which leads me to believe they're 'true' center prospects).

Yup. Still neither one plays center for their High School because they are needed more at tackle.

Oh my, gotta love the offseason. Ha! :)/>

I actually did love this offseason, until recently. Decency is taking a nosedive around these parts, in a variety of ways. See photos of a man and his daughter above.

What's wrong about this? It's just a pic of bama recruit Reuben Foster with his daughter, and a brand new hummer. How does he afford that with no job?

Maybe someone in his family is rich! I thought BAMA focused on Dodge Chargers. I don't understand why we have pics of Foster on a thread for a recruit, Williams.

Rich? Lol, whatever.

I actually did love this offseason, until recently. Decency is taking a nosedive around these parts, in a variety of ways. See photos of a man and his daughter above.

What's wrong about this? It's just a pic of bama recruit Reuben Foster with his daughter, and a brand new hummer. How does he afford that with no job?

Maybe someone in his family is rich! I thought BAMA focused on Dodge Chargers. I don't understand why we have pics of Foster on a thread for a recruit, Williams.

Because there are people on this board who are obsessed with Bama and the way they do things. Give it a rest.

I'm not obsessed with bama, I just refuse to put blinders on when I see corrupt people doing things that are obviously wrong. That's what's wrong with this world today, people are SCARED of the truth and they are ashamed to speak on it, not me. Now, back to mr.Williams.

Because there are people on this board who are obsessed with Bama and the way they do things. Give it a rest.

I'm not obsessed with bama, I just refuse to put blinders on when I see corrupt people doing things that are obviously wrong. That's what's wrong with this world today, people are SCARED of the truth and they are ashamed to speak on it, not me. Now, back to mr.Williams.

I'm glad YOU posted this instead of me. I agree with this. Still wasn't the right thread, but... :-\ things happen.

Williams or Kennedy? DW has a little size on BK, but as far as who is better, a true toss-up IMNSHO.

• 5 weeks later...

Williams is rapidly becoming one of the top centers recruits in the country.

Need to get this guy on board!

I am assuming you read the ALDOTCOM article....His coaches can't figure out why he isn't getting anymore sec articles than he has. There must be a red flag somewhere

Not a take for AU at last report. Grooming Kim or another OL commit to be the C for this class.

Not a take for AU at last report. Grooming Kim or another OL commit to be the C for this class.

Hoping Dampeer gets some snaps this year and we can keep Reese fresh when not needed.

Sounds like speculation but I take your word for it. Hard to groom a kid when he is not on campus. Just saying.

I could see the situation changing though. Kim could be all Sec

Sounds like speculation but I take your word for it. Hard to groom a kid when he is not on campus. Just saying.

I could see the situation changing though. Kim could be all Sec

Grooming in this case just means telling them to start snapping so they can get used to it if they are called to be a Center.

• 2 months later...

Bammers are joyful that he did not commit to AU...though he was not offered by them? Sounds like he made the right decision for himself.

Bammers are joyful that he did not commit to AU...though he was not offered by them? Sounds like he made the right decision for himself.

He wasn't...and did not have an AU offer he could commit to either.

He wasn't...and did not have an AU offer he could commit to either.

Figured that was the case but it was being talked around as if he turned AU down....seems he took the best offer he had...and who can blame him

it was being talked around as if he turned AU down....seems he took the best offer he had...and who can blame him

Perception is often times not reality on true offers when a player commits. to one school over others and agreed on the rest. MSU is running out of room in their class. Better get while the gettin's good.

I hope Miss. State can slam uat into the ground when they play each other. BTW, I really hate it that we missed out on Darryl. Who's gonna play C for us next year.

As I understand it our staff liked Kim and/or Harrell better as a Center prospect. I still think Kozan as Center (if he makes it back 100%) gives us our strongest OL with the likes of BSmith, Young, Coleman, Miller, Ivey,Golson etc.

Archived