Another Ruby Ridge on the Horizon?

autigeremt

What I never understood about this was why the Feds thought they needed snipers and armed confrontation in the first place. I never saw anyone inciting violence but, the Fed.

Probably because they were thinking it's better to snipers when you don't need them than to not have them when you do.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny how I have asked the same question twice, and no one will touch it.

Weegle, if someone refuses to pay the taxes they owe (for example) or - in this case - decides to stop paying the fees they are legally required to pay, they are deadbeats.

I don't remember the exact wording of your question so I hope that is adequate. OK now?

Weegle, if someone refuses to pay the taxes they owe (for example) or - in this case - decides to stop paying the fees they are legally required to pay, they are deadbeats.

I don't remember the exact wording of your question so I hope that is adequate. OK now?

So then the people who founded this great country are deadbeats?

King George probably thought they were "at least" deadbeats. What's your point?

This deadbeat has representation. Beyond that, he's not being taxed. He's being assessed a users fee. I know facts are irrelevant to you, but there you go. You ask questions, then repel facts.

I'll ignore you TT, because you are incapable of debating with the adults with respect. Homer and I will take it from here.

If those colonists, the ones that were courageous enough to refuse to pay taxes, even though it was required, and the ones we owe our freedom to, stood up for what they believed was an injustice, just like Bundy did, why are the colonists revered and Bundy blasted as a deadbeat?

I'll ignore you TT, because you are incapable of debating with the adults with respect. Homer and I will take it from here.

As I thought-- scared off by facts and reason. And you continue to ignore them because you find them inconvenient.

If those colonists, the ones that were courageous enough to refuse to pay taxes, even though it was required, and the ones we owe our freedom to, stood up for what they believed was an injustice, just like Bundy did, why are the colonists revered and Bundy blasted as a deadbeat?

Seriously weegle? Do you really think that is a fair comparison to make? Are you being sarcastic?

This has nothing to do with the American revolution, this is about paying your bills. Do you believe in the rule of law or not?

I'm not being sarcastic at all. The colonists refused to pay their bills (taxes), because they had no representation, and also because they didn't feel that they should pay taxes to the Crown. Why is that different from what Bundy sees as an injustice to his family?

I'm not being sarcastic at all. The colonists refused to pay their bills (taxes), because they had no representation, and also because they didn't feel that they should pay taxes to the Crown. Why is that different from what Bundy sees as an injustice to his family?

Well, in Bundy's mind, there probably is no difference. But no rational person would see a comparison.

And you didn't answer my question. Do you believe in rule of law or not?

I've told you.

So were the colonists considered rational? Probably not by those in Britain. They probably thought the same way about these crazy colonists as you feel about the Bundys.

So were the colonists considered rational? Probably not by those in Britain. They probably thought the same way about these crazy colonists as you feel about the Bundys.

What's your point?

And, do you believe in the rule of law or not?

What's your point?

You see this issue as $$$$ only. Apparently the concerns are far deeper than that to these people and the governor of Nevada.

What's your point?

You see this issue as $$$$ only. Apparently the concerns are far deeper than that to these people and the governor of Nevada.

What are those?

What's your point?

You really can't understand my point? I've explained it several times.

There is no logical analogy here. None.

That's because either, you aren't smart enough to understand it, or you refuse to see it because you know that it is valid. Either way, it doesn't matter to me.

That's because either, you aren't smart enough to understand it, or you refuse to see it because you know that it is valid. Either way, it doesn't matter to me.

Explain the analogy, please.

What's your point?

What are those?

Still trying to clarify for myself, but if the report that Bundy has paid $ to the state is true, whether the appropriate recipient or not, then he apparently is protesting a principle. How deeply is that concern by the governor remains unknown. No report on that.

There is no logical analogy here. None.

Yes, the analogy that Weegs references is most applicable. How is it that all of these ranchers have been squeezed off their lands in NV and why ? Because of a tortoise, the cost of the fees, or a long term plan by larger business concerns ? Doubt it's the cost of the fees, but to whom they are owed possibly. The squeeze on private land owners has definitely been on the rise over the past few decades by the federal govt and people are tired of it. A friend of mine in Colorado owns over 100,000 acres and he's continually fighting the feds about what he can/cannot do these days, and he's a strong conservationist. If it's a tortoise then I have a problem with the feds over this issue. I don't discount the possibility that large business concerns may be at play and Harry Reid may be neck deep involved.

EDIT: Just as I posted this a local NV attorney was interviewed on the news and he explained that Bundy has, as a matter of principle, long ago attempted to pay the fees to the state of NV, specifically Clark Co., but the state refused receipt, although it owns the land in question. The BLM manages the land. The Bundys have urged the governor to make a stand on the issue of state sovereignty. The issue of tortoises is a non sequitur because of the co-existence of the cattle and tortoises since the Bundys have grazed cattle there, since 1870s.

The disturbing part of this attorney's report is that this issue appears to be a long-term land grab by the govt/big business for the purpose of a solar farm project led by opportunist Reid on behalf of greenies and the Bundys are the last to hold on in protest because it affects their livelihood. Harry Reid met in China with solar panel manufacturers for the purpose of creating a solar panel farm on these lands in question. The new chief of BLM is HR's former policy director and is certainly in a position to push this agenda over the finish line. HR's family is deeply involved in this solar project.

http://www.reuters.c...E87U06D20120831

Recently Google acquired land in this area for the purpose of installing solar panels and they moved the tortoises off the land for this purpose. Google's installation of solar panels in Clark Co, NV: http://article.wn.co...side_Las_Vegas/

The Obama administration has already endorsed two solar projects in this vicinity, one in Stateline, NV and another in San Bernadino, NV. This event could be related to the expansion of the green agenda.

UPDATE: One possible reason that Mr. Bundy has found himself in this predicament with the feds is that he chose to represent himself in court. This is from the same attorney I mentioned above.

Explain the analogy, please.

Go back and read this thread. It's there in plain sight.

What's your point?

You really can't understand my point? I've explained it several times.

Really? Well I guess I missed it. But I'll take a stab at it:

"Anyone who refuses to pay a debt on principle (as defined by themselves) is morally and legally equivalent to the founders of the country."

Did that catch it?

(P.S.: Do you believe in the rule of law or not?)

One possible reason that Mr. Bundy has found himself in this predicament with the feds is that he chose to represent himself in court. This info is from an attorney I heard interviewed this a.m.

Archived