Another Ruby Ridge on the Horizon?

autigeremt

'Bout to get real boys.

http://www.americasf...ence-bloodshed/

I briefly listened to this Bundy fellow and he mentioned that this issue is actually under the auspices of Nevada and that the BLM has used the tortoise as their ruse to step in. :dunno:/> To be on the safe side.....I'm for Bundy ! :hellyeah:/>

EDIT:

Just heard Bundy again and he is emphatic that the land belongs to the state of Nevada. Was saying the cattle are not stepping on tortoises, that it just doesn't happen.

Doesn't know what he's talking about, apparently. If he had bothered to read Nevada's constitution, he'd realize that land is federally owned.

What you're saying is that the fed govt owns 80%+ of Nevada. There is something wrong with that picture, plus this puts people out of the business of raising cattle at the time when the price of beef is at all time highs and won't be reducing for possibly years to come.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Bout to get real boys.

I briefly listened to this Bundy fellow and he mentioned that this issue is actually under the auspices of Nevada and that the BLM has used the tortoise as their ruse to step in. :dunno:/> To be on the safe side.....I'm for Bundy ! :hellyeah:/>

EDIT:

Just heard Bundy again and he is emphatic that the land belongs to the state of Nevada. Was saying the cattle are not stepping on tortoises, that it just doesn't happen.

Doesn't know what he's talking about, apparently. If he had bothered to read Nevada's constitution, he'd realize that land is federally owned.

OK I'll concede the land is federally owned but do you think its a fair question to ask why the federal govt owns 84% of the land in Nevada? Really? 84%

Not the right direction for America.

...cell towers have been turned off....

From your link: "UPDATE: Local reporters are using cell phones from the Bundy ranch."

I keep reading that Harry Reid is involved somehow. The comment seems like conjecture but is there any evidence of this idea ?

Doubt it. Probably people just throwing crap at the wall to see what will stick.

What you're saying is that the fed govt owns 80%+ of Nevada.

I hate repeating myself.

Bundy's just another right winger with entitlement issues draping his selfishness and greed with a claim of liberty and government overreach. Of course Fox News and the lunatic right love the story.

'Bout to get real boys.

EDIT:

OK I'll concede the land is federally owned but do you think its a fair question to ask why the federal govt owns 84% of the land in Nevada? Really? 84%

Not the right direction for America.

Hasn't it been that way since NV became a state? How was our direction then?

True again but, why is this one coming to an end now. Is it the money, the tortoise, someone wants his ranch to go away? I wish that someone was covering this story with facts rather than a political agenda.

This man has lived most of his life a certain way. If that must change, doesn't he at least deserve to know why, something more than just because some bureaucrat says so?

True again but, why is this one coming to an end now. Is it the money, the tortoise, someone wants his ranch to go away? I wish that someone was covering this story with facts rather than a political agenda.

This man has lived most of his life a certain way. If that must change, doesn't he at least deserve to know why, something more than just because some bureaucrat says so?

The issue has been going on for decades and he's been refusing to pay. Finally, they moved in to remove the cattle. He's been thumbing his nose at the law for years. At some point, enough is enough.

Easy for you to say TT. You didn't live most of your life under one set of rules and suddenly have them changed without a real explanation as to why?

Put yourself in his place for a moment. Is this about a tortoise? Cattle have apparently been grazing this land for over a hundred years without a dramatic effect on the tortoises. Is someone trying to push him out?

Easy for you to say TT. You didn't live most of your life under one set of rules and suddenly have them changed without a real explanation as to why?

Put yourself in his place for a moment. Is this about a tortoise? Cattle have apparently been grazing this land for over a hundred years without a dramatic effect on the tortoises. Is someone trying to push him out?

He hasn't paid the fees for two decades. I'm not sure why you choose to be so selective if the facts on which you focus.

For two decades, Bundy has waged a one-man range war with federal officials over his cattle's grazing on 150 square miles of scrub desert overseen by the BLM. Since 1993, he's refused to pay BLM grazing fees, arguing in court filings that his Mormon ancestors worked the land long before the BLM was formed, giving him rights that predate federal involvement.

Bundy also likes to say he "fired the BLM," vowing not to give one dime to an agency that he says is plotting his demise. The back fees exceed $300,000, he said.

Okay, but for forty eight years of his life there was no problem. Is this really about a tortoise? Does someone want him out? As a taxpayer, do you want to spend $3 million to collect $300,000. Doesn't there appear to be more going on here than what is being told?

Okay, but for forty eight years of his life there was no problem. Is this really about a tortoise? Does someone want him out? As a taxpayer, do you want to spend $3 million to collect $300,000. Doesn't there appear to be more going on here than what is being told?

Your financial argument can apply to a lot of things. If everyone refused to obey laws and we had to actually pay what it would cost to enforce them on the unwilling, it would get very, very expensive. But this is not a knee-jerk government response. This has been building for over 20 years. Others abide by the law. Do we just let those who don't get away with it? Having a society of laws has a cost. It sounds as if the government has given him repeated opportunities to comply and he's refused.

“BLM and NPS have made repeated attempts to resolve this matter administratively and judicially. Neither the court orders nor agency communications have gained the voluntary removal of the trespass cattle from federal lands,” Cannon said. “We are working with our partners to coordinate the impoundment in a manner that is safe for the public, our employees and the cattle.”

Bundy’s dispute with government dates to 1993, when his herd on the federally managed, 158,666-acre Bunkerville allotment was capped at 150 animals out of concern for the federally protected desert tortoise.

To protest the change, the rancher stopped paying his monthly grazing fees of about $2 per head but kept using the allotment, which included more than 10,486 acres of National Park Service land at the northern end of Lake Mead National Recreation Area.

If he wanted to just protest the cap, he could have sent the government the $2 head fee for each cow grazing. Instead, he just concluded he would stop paying altogether. Defend him if you wish. I have no desire to convince you of anything.

The modern Republican Party has deadbeats for heroes.

Now your argument loses credibility as your political bias enters the discussion.

For forty eight years, this man was a law abiding productive human being and now, you and some bureaucrat want to label him a deadbeat? How quickly things can change.

Now your argument loses credibility as your political bias enters the discussion.

My argument stands on it's merits. You fool yourself into believing being a contrarian to all sides somehow proves you have a superior thought process and are able to stand in judgment of everyone to which you can assign a partisan label. Your argument started without credibility so you have nothing to lose.

Glad BLM backed down. No sense in anybody getting killed over cattle. Take care of it later when the wingnuts are outraged over some other nonsense.

My argument stands on it's merits. You fool yourself into believing being a contrarian to all sides somehow proves you have a superior thought process and are able to stand in judgment of everyone to which you can assign a partisan label. Your argument started without credibility so you have nothing to lose.

What a genius you must be. Your background and credentials in psychology must be incredible. Every time you run out of facts or even opinions, you fall back on trying to tell me how I think and feel. You are worse than the the right wing zealots who hurl insults. No one should be so in love with their ideology that they refuse to see the truth or recognize the human element.

What a genius you must be. Your background and credentials in psychology must be incredible. Every time you run out of facts or even opinions, you fall back on trying to tell me how I think and feel. You are worse than the the right wing zealots who hurl insults. No one should be so in love with their ideology that they refuse to see the truth or recognize the human element.

I ran out of neither. I made sound arguments you failed to refute. Then without addressing the credibility of my actual argument you just declared it had lost credibility because I commented on the partisan mindset that justifies lawlessness. What an incredible hypocrite you are. Interesting that I was thinking how your insufferable platitudes make you more annoying than the right wing zealots. BTW, I have no idea how you feel, just how you act.

Archived