2016 3* DE David Marshall (UGA flip 2/3/16)

Auburn4Winners

Crazy recruitment..

Not so crazy. It just appears we are not as attractive a destination to recruits as Bama or UGA.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is another angle to this in addition to someone at BCW getting in his ear. He might have info on some others that are going to commit, like maybe a Davidson and/or a Clayton. He looks at that then sees Fr/RFr Cowart, Thornton, Kennion, Wanogho, Williams (maybe) already there and he doesn't like the odds. That would be very understandable.

Still too early to worry about this recruiting class or will we "still be fine"? Lol.

I've been very worried about the DT recruiting for a couple months. Now I'm VERY VERY worried. RG is getting the crap kicked out of him.

It may be time to put Garner out to pasture. He is flat awful. He hasn't coached a decent lineman since he got here. He can't count Ford cause Ford was here before him. Lawson was hurt and Adams has not lived up to expectations. Garner is not getting the job done.

Your assessment is a little off. Monty has done quite well but on a Dline where he was the best guy he constantly drew double teams which is why Lambert had a lot of success. If Lawson was healthy EJ would probably still be the DC.

There is another angle to this in addition to someone at BCW getting in his ear. He might have info on some others that are going to commit, like maybe a Davidson and/or a Clayton. He looks at that then sees Fr/RFr Cowart, Thornton, Kennion, Wanogho, Williams (maybe) already there and he doesn't like the odds. That would be very understandable.

What? This is uat getting into his ear.

Garner just got 2 of his DTs, Blackson and Wright, taken in the NFL draft.

I'd argue they were not "his" they were recruited and coached by the old staff.

What? This is uat getting into his ear.

I think you are correct as I read on another board that he will be a grey shirt at uat.

Well they were both half old staff, half current staff

Not worried about overall recruiting class, but I'm extremely worried about DT recruiting. This is a huge hit to it. Garner got smacked.

snapback.pngIronMan70, on Today, 11:36 AM, said:

snapback.pngAUTiger2012, on Today, 11:37 AM said:

===========================================================================================

You could argue that I suppose. But Garner was their position coach the last 2 years and developed them to the level to be drafted. The staff from 3 years ago certainly didn't do it.

snapback.pngIronMan70, on Today, 11:36 AM, said:

snapback.pngAUTiger2012, on Today, 11:37 AM said:

===============================================================================================

You could argue that I suppose. But Garner was their position coach the last 2 years and developed them to the level to be drafted. The staff from 3 years ago certainly didn't do it.

They were certainly developed to the level to be drafted. Their on the field performance at Auburn was rather spotty and inconsistent if you ask me though. That may be the coaching, if it is, that can be fixed. If their underwhelming collegiate performances can be blamed solely on the players, I'm afraid their NFL careers may be short.

@ aujeff11,

I tend to agree that their on field performance was off and on. I actually think Blackson will have a better career than Wright but time will tell.

The meltdown some of you have over teenage kids amazes me...let the kid go where he chooses, first Garner can recruit, now he can't. He got the kid to commit so I disagree with the he can't recruit angle - but if Bama was and is his dream school then once they got to him and offered him the chance to play, it was a wrap. One question has any of these flip floppers from Au to Bama done much besides Yeldon...? I think AU made out fine without him with Tre/Cap carrying the rock...Auburn will get another player to replace him who will do fine. No need to cancel the season or get the torches and pitchforks out.

I think some need to take a deep breathe & chill a bit. Reports were definitely surprised me.DM was definitely recruiting strongly for AU & BCW. Now he could have been lying to reporters but I'm not gonna hypothyze on that because there is no nway to prove that 1 way or the other.

I am concerned like everyone else w/ DT recruiting like everyone else but DM decommitting does not make me more concerned. We were recruiting him as a DE not DT. I had the title right to reflect that. Someone changed it. I'm going to correct it. Please don't change it again.

Since DM is a DE for us I'm not worried right now. I feel descent about DE recruiting w/ the way things are trending w/ Marlon & Tony Clayton.

I think some need to take a deep breathe & chill a bit. Reports were definitely surprised me.DM was definitely recruiting strongly for AU & BCW. Now he could have been lying to reporters but I'm not gonna hypothyze on that because there is no nway to prove that 1 way or the other.

I am concerned like everyone else w/ DT recruiting like everyone else but DM decommitting does not make me more concerned. We were recruiting him as a DE not DT. I had the title right to reflect that. Someone changed it. I'm going to correct it. Please don't change it again.

Since DM is a DE for us I'm not worried right now. I feel descent about DE recruiting w/ the way things are trending w/ Marlon & Tony Clayton.

He was going to play inside for AU. FWIW.

He was going to play inside for AU. FWIW.

Not per Keith & I trust him a lot more than BMatt & JLee who were the only ones who had him @ DT.

Not per Keith & I trust him a lot more than BMatt & JLee who were the only ones who had him @ DT.

Keith has far less insight into actual Auburn intel than Matthews or even Lee would have. Keith is a former regional recruiting guy from Atlanta, the other two are actually in Auburn and have been around actively covering Auburn for years. That is why Auburn Undercover has Philip Marshall to cover the actual "Auburn reporting".

snapback.png Metafour, on Today, 12:09 PM posted:

Blackson's natural athletic ability got him drafted. Had nothing to do with Garner "developing" him.

====================================================

That's bullcrap.

Bullcrap?

He was barely even on anyone's radar as anything more than a late round pick until he went to the Combine and put up well above average athletic numbers. His career at Auburn was hilariously hot and cold, both prior to and after Garner got here. He wasn't drafted as the first pick of the 4th round because Garner did something magical with him, he was drafted that high because:

6'4 3/8

318 pounds

5.02 forty (4.97 at Pro day)

31" vertical

Its called the NFL drafting athletic upside. They do it every year. Look at those numbers and ask yourself why Garner wasn't able to mold him into an even better player than he was?

Archived