2016 3* DE David Marshall (UGA flip 2/3/16)

Auburn4Winners

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder why he decommitted ....

Probably fell for Bama lines then realized oh crap. I can't commit to them.

Sure starting to look that way, with the long visit to AU coming up.

Kids'll be kids for sure but I'm sorry I'd say good luck to him and move on.

I'd say, "welcome home and WDE!"

Why? Kid absolutely snubbed AU right after AU's big recruiting weekend. Did exactly what Tosh Lupoi told him to do in the unclassey way he could. Twitter. Not a coincidence Marshall and Williams both did the same thing via Twitter. Now he is crawling back to AU. Make him sweat it out.

100% correct. No matter what the AU writers are saying. Would be a shame and a mistake to welcome him back with open arms.

Why? Kid absolutely snubbed AU right after AU's big recruiting weekend. Did exactly what Tosh Lupoi told him to do in the unclassey way he could. Twitter. Not a coincidence Marshall and Williams both did the same thing via Twitter. Now he is crawling back to AU. Make him sweat it out.

I agree. While I would still like to see him at Auburn, I think that the coaches need to use this situation to make a statement to all recruits that there's a price to pay for this kind of behavior.

100% correct. No matter what the AU writers are saying. Would be a shame and a mistake to welcome him back with open arms.

I agree 100%. If these two didn't keep their promise before, what's to keep one or both of them from breaking their word in the future? Put them on the back burner and if we can't do better by February, offer them a remaining slot at the last minute, if a slot is still available.

I'm willing to give 18 year olds a second a chance ... he got caught up and taken for a ride in the recruiting process ... it happens.

I am torn about this, on one hand i want to welcome him back and display grace to someone who has snubbed us. On the other hand i would like to see the young man have some repercussions for such a poor lack of judgement. Somewhere, sometime young people need to be held accountable for their poor decisions. It is a part of growing up. In the end, if AUBURN needed him i would offer. But if we had filled that slot that we had once offered/committed to him, then he would be left suffering the results of a poor decision.

I agree 100%. If these two didn't keep their promise before, what's to keep one or both of them from breaking their word in the future? Put them on the back burner and if we can't do better by February, offer them a remaining slot at the last minute, if a slot is still available.

I agree with these two. Makes us look weak to immediately take these guys back. I realize they're "young" but they need to learn that their actions have consequences. Might hurt a little short term but I believe a strong stance would pay off for us in the long run.

lol yeah more than likely.

I agree with these two. Makes us look weak to immediately take these guys back. I realize they're "young" but they need to learn that their actions have consequences. Might hurt a little short term but I believe a strong stance would pay off for us in the long run.

Yep.

Wow kid got bamboozled by Bama was confused and de-committed after initial hype he realized he had been hasty and wants to reconsider. If he was a 5* all the people saying don't give him a second chance would be saying we want him. I believe in second chances and this kid is moving up he is very good player that we can use. Based on the number of DL we say we want we can still get some kids who are currently rated higher and take this kid. Give him another chance but make it clear no more games. Second chance yes third chance no.

i am guessing the coaches do not take this type of thing as personally as we do. but i would tell him to take his talents to starkville. :)

Yep.

I agree, too. Kick them to the curb. Show the recruits that being committed to Auburn is not meant to be a holding stage for recruits waiting on bammer offers.

Yep.

I agree, too. Kick them to the curb. Show the recruits that being committed to Auburn is not meant to be a holding stage for recruits waiting on bammer offers.

I agreed that we shouldn't just immediately take him back. I'm not saying, and I didn't ready WDE, Mikey, or chimes as saying we should kick him to the curb and be done with it. We just can't be like, oh, welcome back, no harm no foul, we love you no matter what.

Why?

Because that's who we are as Auburn. Our love & compassion is what separates us from a heavy dose of Bama. Auburn Family is not jus a montra. It's who we are & how we live our lives.

Wow visiting Auburn after just being there for BCW and then decommits via tweeter. It would be hard to show my face again that soon in Auburn. Gotta give him credit for trying to mend fences in a hurry.

Yep.

I agreed that we shouldn't just immediately take him back. I'm not saying, and I didn't ready WDE, Mikey, or chimes as saying we should kick him to the curb and be done with it. We just can't be like, oh, welcome back, no harm no foul, we love you no matter what.

If I am speaking for myself, so be it. Coaches needs to nip this in the butt. It looks bad when a player decommits, just to want back in when he isn't wanted at his preferred school.

Everyone is welcome to their opinions on DM & welcoming him back or not. That's freely your call. All I would like people to do is consider this. Many coaches at the D1 level are world class salesman & they put intense pressure on 17-18 year old kids to do what they want by either committing or decommitting to their school and even make it look like they are not pressuring the kid. There aren't many situation in life I can think of where there is soo much external pressure to commit to something or not, especially at 17-18.

With that said, I will welcome DM back with open arms and trust the staff has made stipulations. There is definitely some broken trust here and I hope the staff makes it clear to DM if he commits to AU again that under no circumstance is he to talk to Bama or visit them again. If he does then he's done w/ AU. There should not be a 3rd chance. DM made a mistake. Now it's time to learn from that mistake & not repeat it.

Quite honestly, if DM wasn't sure, then he made the right call by decommitting. I'd rather our commitments be 100% on board than have some at 50% or lower. He wanted more time to look around and make his decision, and him decommitting meant that we could do the same. Not necessarily a bad thing guys.

Archived