2016 3* DE David Marshall (UGA flip 2/3/16)

Auburn4Winners

@ Metafour

Yes...bullcrap.

Garner worked with the kid for 2 solid years to get him from a gawky 3* project as a Soph. to an NFL draft pick. I don't think Garner is the greatest or worst DL coach in the world but I believe in giving a man his due. To give Garner zero credit and say Garner had "nothing to do with getting him drafted" is manure, pure and simple.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Metafour

Yes...bullcrap.

Garner worked with the kid for 2 solid years to get him from a gawky 3* project as a Soph. to an NFL draft pick. I don't think Garner is the greatest or worst DL coach in the world but I believe in giving a man his due. To give Garner zero credit and say Garner had "nothing to do with getting him drafted" is manure, pure and simple.

Could not agree with you more...

Garner worked with the kid for 2 solid years to get him from a gawky 3* project as a Soph. to an NFL draft pick.

Any coach in the country could have got Blackson to the point he left Auburn at. He left the same as he arrived: a huge athletic kid that couldn't maintain play from snap to snap.

Congrats to Rodney Garner. Great development. Maybe we should give him a raise.

Question, is each member of the staff assigned a position group to recruit or a specific area? I thought it was each member is assigned a specific area. RG can't be responsible for all DT/DE recruiting if that is the case as these kids are not all from the same place (I would think)

Question, is each member of the staff assigned a position group to recruit or a specific area? I thought it was each member is assigned a specific area. RG can't be responsible for all DT/DE recruiting if that is the case as these kids are not all from the same place (I would think)

Lead recruiter based on territory, secondary recruiter typically position coach or respective coordinator.

Well, back to Marshall right? Nothing that says a decommit won't recommit by the time NSD rolls around. This one was a bit strange considering the timing but he could very well be back.

Lead recruiter based on territory, secondary recruiter typically position coach or respective coordinator.

Gotcha, thanks. Shouldn't the lead recruiter of these specific areas also take some blame?

Gotcha, thanks. Shouldn't the lead recruiter of these specific areas also take some blame?

Sure, could give Gus some too, but without any factual info on why he decomitted it's hard to blame anyone.

Beginning to think BIG, and I do mean BIG rod my have semi retired after returning to Auburn. He's closing in on what 50. Easy to get relaxed when your back home with a fat bank account.

Can't we just blame the process and how early kids are able to commit? I wish no one could commit until NSD. Let him go through the process and figure out unemotionally which school is best for him. This is his future, not ours.

So AU still his leader yet 2 CB picks for him to sign with Bama today? :-\/>

One from KN. seems like Marshall is trying to keep everyone happy...

It's unusual for a prospect to be recruiting for AU one day and decommit the next. I'm not buying the "AU still my #1" stuff. Were that true he wouldn't have decommitted, pure and simple. Something took place in Tuskaloser and if that's where he wants to be, don't let the door hit ya'....

He has said for a long time that Bama is his "dream school." So, if he receives a commitable offer from Bama, why would he not flip? I'm not really all that surprised. But the timing is suspect, for sure.

As was once said by a great musician:

"Let it be, let it be

Let it be, let it be

Whisper words of wisdom, let it be"

It's unusual for a prospect to be recruiting for AU one day and decommit the next. I'm not buying the "AU still my #1" stuff. Were that true he wouldn't have decommitted, pure and simple. Something took place in Tuskaloser and if that's where he wants to be, don't let the door hit ya'....

He may have gotten the chance to pick out the color of his future charger :bananadance: JK :dunno:

There is another angle to this in addition to someone at BCW getting in his ear. He might have info on some others that are going to commit, like maybe a Davidson and/or a Clayton. He looks at that then sees Fr/RFr Cowart, Thornton, Kennion, Wanogho, Williams (maybe) already there and he doesn't like the odds. That would be very understandable.

Finally, a sane thought. Thank you 70.

In the long run, I don't see how his decommitment hurts us. He looks to be decent player, but not a game changer.

Finally, a sane thought. Thank you 70.

Right, so he's supposedly scared about all these supposed top DL's committing to Auburn, so he's going to go to Alabama instead? Because Alabama is going to fill their class up with two and three stars by comparison? Oooooook.

That isn't what happened. Its pretty obvious that he's always wanted to go to Alabama. They aren't fully ready to take him which is why he's still throwing out this "Auburn is still my #1" bull****.

I guaruntee you that as soon as he commits to Bama, he will make a huge jump on the rankings.

yet he will still, miraculously, be the same player. So whats the concern?

I guaruntee you that as soon as he commits to Bama, he will make a huge jump on the rankings.

That happens with our recruits too.

Need some new commits in the coming weeks.

Ready for Miller and Clayton to go ahead and pull the trigger next week.

Not sure why he decided to decommit, but may not be a place for him in the coming months.

Archived