2016 3* DE David Marshall (UGA flip 2/3/16)

Auburn4Winners

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he was committed to us? Am I missing something?

Bama fans saying "AU piling up on the 3 stars, Saban has to turn down 4 stars" and "Well Auburn will hound the rating services enough that they'll give him more stars". Gotta love it lol

Bama fans saying "AU piling up on the 3 stars, Saban has to turn down 4 stars" and "Well Auburn will hound the rating services enough that they'll give him more stars". Gotta love it lol

He has a commit able offer from uat and uat is recruiting Marshall very hard. Kid is a stud and has been one of AU's top overall targets on AU's board. Huge pickup. To hell with the updykes.

He has a commit able offer from uat and uat is recruiting Marshall very hard. Kid is a stud and has been one of AU's top overall targets on AU's board. Huge pickup. To hell with the updykes.

Great to hear, War Eagle!

Haha I know WDE, I just find it funny that when we sign a 3 star, especially if he was considering Bama, its settling bc we can't get better players. When they sign a 3 star player on the other hand, they say Saban turns 3 stars into 5 stars. Ha

I do think this guy is going to be a stud though.

It is true that UAT does not have to keep hounding the Services to bump their commits stars. Its also true that if Marshall had committed to Tide or Rice flipped to them they would be bumped up the next day if not sooner.

It is true that UAT does not have to keep hounding the Services to bump their commits stars. Its also true that if Marshall had committed to Tide or Rice flipped to them they would be bumped up the next day if not sooner.

Auburn recruits also get the same treatment.

Auburn recruits also get the same treatment.

According to Tom Luginbill of ESPN that is not always the case. He point blank said (as did others) that bama commits get special consideration on their star ratings.

The mindless chatterings of bamzos is best handled like I handle the chatterings of 13 year-old family members and their friends at gatherings. Ignore it, it's inconsequential.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.al.com/sp...marshall_a.html

Well Bama seems to want this one pretty bad. See his direct quotes about what the two schools are saying.

"He(CRG) said some folks go there(Bama) because they win championships, but don't play until their freshman or sophomore years."

It's not like we play players before their freshman years... Typo or not, I don't like this quote at all. I hope CRG doesn't sell this line to 'cruits wanting championships just as much as PT.

"commitment solid"..but everything open. ..... Send the guy a dictionary turned to the correct page so that he can read the definition of commitment.

"commitment solid"..but everything open. ..... Send the guy a dictionary turned to the correct page so that he can read the definition of commitment.

Get with the program, Old Timer! :) In modern recruiting lingo, "committed" means "today's favorite", nothing more, nothing less. Old fogeys like me have to learn that the dictionery doesn't matter in this area of human endeavor.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/03/auburn_commit_david_marshall_a.html#incart_2box

So it says in the article that "his commitment to the Tigers remains solid" but "everything's still open."

I guess my definition of a solid commitment is quite different than his and some of these other recruits' definition.

I just saw y'all's posts, 64 and Mikey. I guess you can throw me in the same group as the two of you. And wouldn't it be nice if more of these young men were, too?

Well Bama seems to want this one pretty bad. See his direct quotes about what the two schools are saying.

"He(CRG) said some folks go there(Bama) because they win championships, but don't play until their freshman or sophomore years."

It's not like we play players before their freshman years... Typo or not, I don't like this quote at all. I hope CRG doesn't sell this line to 'cruits wanting championships just as much as PT.

Yeah....that's not a good rebuttal IMO.

"But Coach, I can win championships there"

"You can win those here, too. Nobody has more SEC Championships than AU in the past decade, and with the playoff system you win the SEC and you are in" might've been better but IDK if that SEC Championship stat is still true lol

"You can win those here, too. Nobody has more SEC Championships than AU in the past decade, and with the playoff system you win the SEC and you are in" might've been better but IDK if that SEC Championship stat is still true lol

Again, I would pay attenton to anything AL.com has on AU recruiting. Especially when its an AU vs uat battle. Do you people really think RG said a comment like that? Really?

Again, I would pay attenton to anything AL.com has on AU recruiting. Especially when its an AU vs uat battle. Do you people really think RG said a comment like that? Really?

This is coming from him not just a reporter opinion piece.

The guy may go to his dream school. He ain't solid.

That makes too much sense Tiger. Maybe you should be there when he visits

Archived