Coker

AU64

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The news of this makes me so happy. It is weird though that as prominent of a program that the Tahd is they haven't had great Quarterbacks. AJ is the best one they've had.

Word out of bammer's scrimmage today is Coker completed 5 out if 17 passes but 2 of those 5 were to the defense...

are you serious or just jousting us? i hope you're serious but i don't want any good news from them either.

I saw he was 12/32

Against UAT's first or second team D?

The field goal team.

Word out of bammer's scrimmage today is Coker completed 5 out if 17 passes but 2 of those 5 were to the defense...

are you serious or just jousting us? i hope you're serious but i don't want any good news from them either.

I have seen it reported on two different sites but I am also seeing the 12/32 number as well. It is known that Coker threw at least 2 picks and one was a pick 6. Word was Sims had a better scrimmage and camp and looks to be the early frontrunner for the starting position.

I have seen it reported on two different sites but I am also seeing the 12/32 number as well. It is known that Coker threw at least 2 picks and one was a pick 6. Word was Sims had a better scrimmage and camp and looks to be the early frontrunner for the starting position.

But I thought Coker was supposed to win the Heisman! This can't be! *sarcasm font*

But seriously, how funny will it be if after everyone heralds Coker to be a water walker, he doesn't even win the starting job. Ah few things make me happier than disaster in Turd Town. I hope they get "exposed" as Stephen A. Smith said. Just like they did against OU, except all season long.

What? You guys haven't heard either A) "This is all smoke and mirrors" or B) "Sims has more experience in the system"

If you haven't, asked the turd faithful...They'll set you straight..

yes, JPW and an experienced defense, a returning offensive line, returning starters at LB and DL, experienced receivers, and a coaching staff without lane Kiffen.

All seven of those are missing this year.

yes, JPW and an experienced defense, a returning offensive line, returning starters at LB and DL, experienced receivers, and a coaching staff without lane Kiffen.

Wait, what? You think our 08 WR corps was better and more experienced than our 14 corps? Wow.

Wait, what? You think our 08 WR corps was better and more experienced than our 14 corps? Wow.

I do seem to remember Julio Jones and Marquis Maze not being awfully shabby - especially since Maze was also the kick returner. But yes, you are correct - the WR corps at bama this year is probably one of the best in the last 10 years. Cooper gives me a headache just thinking about him.

I do seem to remember Julio Jones and Marquis Maze not being awfully shabby - especially since Maze was also the kick returner. But yes, you are correct - the WR corps at bama this year is probably one of the best in the last 10 years. Cooper gives me a headache just thinking about him.

Until Cooper proves it in the NFL, I'll say Julio was a better college WR. But I'll give our overall 14 corps a big edge over 08. And if pressed, I'd probably take a junior Cooper over a frosh Julio. But I'm still not certain.

Now, none of this matters if we can't get the ball to any of them, but in terms of pure talent I think we're as loaded at WR as we've been in school history.

FACT. AU has better WRs. Next?

FACT. AU has better WRs. Next?

Just like Darvin Adams was better than Julio? I'd be willing to bet you said something like that...blind homerism impedes constructive discussion.

Until Cooper proves it in the NFL, I'll say Julio was a better college WR. But I'll give our overall 14 corps a big edge over 08. And if pressed, I'd probably take a junior Cooper over a frosh Julio. But I'm still not certain.

Now, none of this matters if we can't get the ball to any of them, but in terms of pure talent I think we're as loaded at WR as we've been in school history.

Why does Cooper's future NFL career have anything to do with either's college career?

Guest WarEagleSteve

I don't disagree with you on this point (the being loaded at receiver point that is). The strength of the team this year is most definitely the offensive skill positions but, to AUFightingSoldiers' point, that is where the parallels with the 08 team stop. Your 2008 Alabama Crimson Tide had 18 total returning starters and a QB who, while perhaps not especially talented, had been a full-time starter for two seasons. Also, you didn't have Lane Kiffin and that's kind of a big deal.

Archived