Coker

AU64

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is Coker already in Tuscaloosa or will he not arrive until August camp starts?

He graduated FSU last month - I'd "assume" he has already there as there's nothing to prevent him from packing up and moving in.

So is Coker already in Tuscaloosa or will he not arrive until August camp starts?

He graduated FSU last month - I'd "assume" he has already there as there's nothing to prevent him from packing up and moving in.

He is already enrolled and on campus.

My thinking is, if he so talented why couldn't he beat out Winston for the starting QB job?

Brandon Jacobs couldn't find meaningful playing time when he was at Auburn and transferred out and went on to play in the NFL. I always thought Brandon should have gotten more playing time than he did, but how can you argue with giving the snaps to two future top 5 draft picks in Carnell and Ronnie? Sometimes a young man may be very talented, even NFL level talent, but if the guy or guys ahead of you are even more talented, it's just a bad hand that's been dealt you.

Thanks for the insight AuburnSAE - looks like we know absolutely zilch about Coker personally.

"

True..many AU people just assume that because he is going to Bama that he's a jerk....without having heard him speak a single word. I think he is due for a tough time from many UAT fans who have raised expectations beyond reason....but I don't see any of the coaching issues/dissension that so many people on this board are predicting.

UAT fans are not the only ones with the high expectations. Every "expert" I have seen or heard is just handing the SEC west to the turds and has them in the National Championship game as well.

Thanks for the insight AuburnSAE - looks like we know absolutely zilch about Coker personally.

"

True..many AU people just assume that because he is going to Bama that he's a jerk....without having heard him speak a single word. I think he is due for a tough time from many UAT fans who have raised expectations beyond reason....but I don't see any of the coaching issues/dissension that so many people on this board are predicting.

UAT fans are not the only ones with the high expectations. Every "expert" I have seen or heard is just handing the SEC west to the turds and has them in the National Championship game as well.

Cool is right. It is amazing how many "experts" have already determined that UAT will be west champions. Most times when you lose a 3 yr starter at QB then the normal thought process is that there will be a regression at that position. I have no idea what type person Coker is and that is not the argument. The point is that he was basically going to be 3rd string at FSU. His only option of playing was transferring to a school that was in dire need of a QB. I have to be honest, if we were pinning our QB hopes on a transfer that was a historic back up, I would not be feeling to good at the moment.

My take is that he may very well be a great QB, but he has shown NOTHING for anyone to think that way about him. Nothing against his character or anything of that sort.

"

Cool is right. It is amazing how many "experts" have already determined that UAT will be west champions. Most times when you lose a 3 yr starter at QB then the normal thought process is that there will be a regression at that position. I have no idea what type person Coker is and that is not the argument. The point is that he was basically going to be 3rd string at FSU. His only option of playing was transferring to a school that was in dire need of a QB. I have to be honest, if we were pinning our QB hopes on a transfer that was a historic back up, I would not be feeling to good at the moment.

This^ Not to mention all the other pieces they lost.

He may very well have a difficult time, playing behind a green offensive line. Opposing teams will play to stop the run, making Coker prove himself as a passer.

He may very well have a difficult time, playing behind a green offensive line. Opposing teams will play to stop the run, making Coker prove himself as a passer.

Key point: green o-line. They will struggle. Or unless they keep getting away with HOLDING!

I know a lot of uat fans that aren't too pleased with Christobal as the oline coach. He's not Pendry that's for sure.

My thinking is, if he so talented why couldn't he beat out Winston for the starting QB job?

Yeah, he didn't beat out a Heisman trophy winner for a starting job. He must be hot garbage.

Good gravy.

Jimbo didnt have the balls to start a 3* QB over a 5* QB

Coker was THIRD STRING behind crab boy and Trickett.....

Yep.

Coming out of the '13 Spring, Coker was 3rd in line. He inherited the "back-up" role, because Trickett transferred to WVU.

Bammers are basing their season on a 3rd stringer.

Best kid to ever play at Updyke...who's never actually played at Updyke. Hey here's a thought, I myself have also never taken a snap for the Tahd. Think I'll go ahead and put my hat in the ring for the Heisman too. :)

Yep.

Coming out of the '13 Spring, Coker was 3rd in line. He inherited the "back-up" role, because Trickett transferred to WVU.

Tricket was considered the backup because his dad was on the staff once his dad left so did he.

Yep.

Tricket was considered the backup because his dad was on the staff once his dad left so did he.

A voice of reason from someone truly in the know about Coker and the FSU QB situation..... Thanks AuburnSAE :bow:

Yep. Coker was 3rd stringer.......

Yep.

I doubt very seriously that this is the case. This would not happen at a place like FSU. That sounds more like a highschool issue. Trickett was 2nd string, Coker 3rd. I know he's your boy and all, but had Winston gone down, Trickett would have been first in.

Yep.

I doubt very seriously that this is the case. This would not happen at a place like FSU. That sounds more like a highschool issue. Trickett was 2nd string, Coker 3rd. I know he's your boy and all, but had Winston gone down, Trickett would have been first in.

When? 2013 was Winston's first year as a starter and Trickett was on WV's roster in '13.

I'm predicting a Bama meltdown this season. Two reasons, Lane Kiffen and Jacob Coker. An inconsistent play caller and a third string quarterback...please. If this situation existed at Auburn right now, I would be terrified of the 2014 season.

Yep.

When? 2013 was Winston's first year as a starter and Trickett was on WV's roster in '13.

C'mon man... Had Trickett stayed at FSU, he would've been the back-up in 2013. So all those meaningless, mop-up duty snaps Coker took last year, would've gone to Trickett. Fact.

Yep.

C'mon man... Had Trickett stayed at FSU, he would've been the back-up in 2013. So all those meaningless, mop-up duty snaps Coker took last year, would've gone to Trickett. Fact.

The only way that can be a fact is if we know for a fact that Coker never improved to the point that he surpassed Trickett. Since Trickett left before the 2013 season and Coker was out most of spring 2013 with a leg injury, there's no way we can say for a fact that in 2013 Trickett was a better QB than Coker. We can speculate, though.... :-)

Archived