Coker

AU64

Coker was THIRD STRING behind crab boy and Trickett.....

Yep.

Coming out of the '13 Spring, Coker was 3rd in line. He inherited the "back-up" role, because Trickett transferred to WVU.

Bammers are basing their season on a 3rd stringer.

Tricket was considered the backup because his dad was on the staff once his dad left so did he.

I doubt very seriously that this is the case. This would not happen at a place like FSU. That sounds more like a highschool issue. Trickett was 2nd string, Coker 3rd. I know he's your boy and all, but had Winston gone down, Trickett would have been first in.

When? 2013 was Winston's first year as a starter and Trickett was on WV's roster in '13.

C'mon man... Had Trickett stayed at FSU, he would've been the back-up in 2013. So all those meaningless, mop-up duty snaps Coker took last year, would've gone to Trickett. Fact.

The only way that can be a fact is if we know for a fact that Coker never improved to the point that he surpassed Trickett. Since Trickett left before the 2013 season and Coker was out most of spring 2013 with a leg injury, there's no way we can say for a fact that in 2013 Trickett was a better QB than Coker. We can speculate, though.... :-)

Info comes from someone on the FSU staff...

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep.

Coming out of the '13 Spring, Coker was 3rd in line. He inherited the "back-up" role, because Trickett transferred to WVU.

Tricket was considered the backup because his dad was on the staff once his dad left so did he.

I doubt very seriously that this is the case. This would not happen at a place like FSU. That sounds more like a highschool issue. Trickett was 2nd string, Coker 3rd. I know he's your boy and all, but had Winston gone down, Trickett would have been first in.

When? 2013 was Winston's first year as a starter and Trickett was on WV's roster in '13.

C'mon man... Had Trickett stayed at FSU, he would've been the back-up in 2013. So all those meaningless, mop-up duty snaps Coker took last year, would've gone to Trickett. Fact.

The only way that can be a fact is if we know for a fact that Coker never improved to the point that he surpassed Trickett. Since Trickett left before the 2013 season and Coker was out most of spring 2013 with a leg injury, there's no way we can say for a fact that in 2013 Trickett was a better QB than Coker. We can speculate, though.... :-)

D Craig?

Why would any AU fan argue for Coker?? Hmmmm. Hahahaha. Never mind. :-)

Yep.

If that's the case then it definitely puts it in a whole different perspective!

Personally I expect Coker to be a pretty good QB. They have a fair amount of talent around him and they have a cupcake schedule. Look for a 10win season plus bowl. I would love a meltdown but I don't think we will see it. The real meltdown will come from Saban after he takes an iron bowl A$$ kicking in his own house.

I think it would be shocking if Bama lost more than two games with the schedule they have this season. What are their possible losses? To us, LSU, aTm, Ole Miss, Miss State, or a resurgent UF. I don't see them losing more than two of those games, max, with the talent they have.

We will need to win all or almost all of our games, especially the Iron Bowl, for us to make it to Atlanta and the playoff.

Coker is in a good situation.

Bama's 1st game is vs W. Va: Battle of the former FSU backups, Tricket vs Coker?

Bama plays nobody until October, time for Saban to try various QBs or let one guy get unrattled. fwiw, I've seen Coker play in FSU practices I reffed, Spring game, etc etc. Scratching my head how he's even a topic of conversation. Except maybe, in the tradition of Hollingsworth and Jay Barker, the talking heads know chuck & duck QBs can make hay at the Crapstone?

Well it appears that he has been placed on the Maxwell award watch list. I'm telling you don't be surprised if he throws for 5000 yards and 50 TD's then not only wins the 2014 Heisman but the 2005 Heisman as well (because Reggie Bush gave it back). ***wink wink*** seriously though he'll have plenty of weapons around him not to mention and easy schedule. I wouldn't say he'll be a total flop.

First time I saw Jacob Coker throw a pass was just a few minutes ago thanks to the youtube video someone posted. I have to say I honestly thought Coker was better than what I saw in the video. I see now that if he is pressured he will not make a good throw moving around in the pocket. He was sacked almost every time the defense got near him and his escapability was as bad as AJ's.

I see Florida giving bama all they can handle this year even if Florida's offense is still on the rocks. Florida will be motivated to play lights out early in the season and it should be early enough that injuries won't play a major factor in their defense or offense like it did by mid season last year.

I believe the poster that said Coker is a good kid. I wish him the best until the iron bowl. It would just add to our strength of schedule.

How did Coker make it on the Maxwell Watch List?

Because he plays for Bama. Any other team and he's not on the radar.

For the record, it shouldn't be that hard to make it to the Maxwell Watch List as a QB at Bama. There will be so much talent around the guy.

For the record, it shouldn't be that hard to make it to the Maxwell Watch List as a QB at Bama. There will be so much talent around the guy.

Ditto!

First time I saw Jacob Coker throw a pass was just a few minutes ago thanks to the youtube video someone posted. I have to say I honestly thought Coker was better than what I saw in the video. I see now that if he is pressured he will not make a good throw moving around in the pocket. He was sacked almost every time the defense got near him and his escapability was as bad as AJ's.

I see Florida giving bama all they can handle this year even if Florida's offense is still on the rocks. Florida will be motivated to play lights out early in the season and it should be early enough that injuries won't play a major factor in their defense or offense like it did by mid season last year.

I believe the poster that said Coker is a good kid. I wish him the best until the iron bowl. It would just add to our strength of schedule.

Haha trust me I played with both AJ and Jake in highschool and a snail could have sacked AJ. Jake on the other hand is a damn good athlete. I still am picking bama to finish 3rd in the west though with loses to us and lsu

Lars Anderson was talking on Finebaum today about how there is word coming out of the uat athletic complex that Coker is already showing wild, inconsistent throws in 7 on 7's and that Sims has the support of the players. This might be fun to watch.

I think Lars has the same sources I do.

(I hinted to this back on page 4)...

Needless to say, it hasn't been the seemless transition Laney was anticipating. Not saying Coker won't win the job though.

I went to Alabama's spring game this year and was not impressed. Talking about such with my (Bammer) boyfriend tonight, the reason I went to the game, his response was to point out how Coker was just "hanging out, throwing back 70 yard passes for fun." He did also point out that their OL looks bad because their DL is so good...

I went to Alabama's spring game this year and was not impressed. Talking about such with my (Bammer) boyfriend tonight, the reason I went to the game, his response was to point out how Coker was just "hanging out, throwing back 70 yard passes for fun." He did also point out that their OL looks bad because their DL is so good...

Are you saying that Coker played in bamas spring game? :-\

Ask your boyfriend if he thinks Coker has a better arm than Randall Cunningham? ...

I mean, since he just hangs out and throws back 70 yard passes...?

Are you saying that Coker played in bamas spring game? :-\/>

Just that he was there, not playing officially.

Ask your boyfriend if he thinks Coker has a better arm than Randall Cunningham? ...

Probably best to avoid any more football related conversations with him for now. LOL

Are you saying that Coker played in bamas spring game? :-\/>

Just that he was there, not playing officially.

Does your boyfriend happen to be named Jacob Coker?

Probably best to avoid any more football related conversations with him for now. LOL

Yep

Archived