Scientist reveals inconvenient truth to alarmists

AFTiger

Let's see how many pages of denial we can generate from homer et.al.

Dr. Christian Schlüchter’s discovery of 4,000-year-old chunks of wood at the leading edge of a Swiss glacier was clearly not cheered by many members of the global warming doom-and-gloom science orthodoxy.

DrS-300x250.jpgThis finding indicated that the Alps were pretty nearly glacier-free at that time, disproving accepted theories that they only began retreating after the end of the little ice age in the mid-19th century. As he concluded, the region had once been much warmer than today, with “a wild landscape and wide flowing river.”

Dr. Schlüchter’s report might have been more conveniently dismissed by the entrenched global warming establishment were it not for his distinguished reputation as a giant in the field of geology and paleoclimatology who has authored/coauthored more than 250 papers and is a professor emeritus at the University of Bern in Switzerland. glacieralps.jpg

Then he made himself even more unpopular thanks to a recent interview titled, “Our Society is Fundamentally Dishonest,” which appeared in the Swiss publication Der Bund. Dr. Schlüchter criticized the UN-dominated institutional climate science hierarchy for extreme tunnel vision and political contamination.

Following the ancient forest evidence discovery, Dr. Schlüchter became a target of scorn. As he observes in the interview, “I wasn’t supposed to find that chunk of wood because I didn’t belong to the close-knit circle of Holocene and climate researchers. My findings thus caught many experts off guard. Now an ‘amateur’ had found something that the [more recent time-focused] Holocene and climate experts should have found.” - See more at: http://www.cfact.org/2014/06/17/scientist-reveals-inconvenient-truth-to-alarmists/#sthash.qQKbMvrg.dpuf

That isn't the first time something like that has happened. I remember many years ago reading of palm trees or the remaining parts being found in Antarctica. The earth was, prior to the great flood, like a greenhouse. It was covered by a canopy of water vapor.

That isn't the first time something like that has happened. I remember many years ago reading of palm trees or the remaining parts being found in Antarctica. The earth was, prior to the great flood, like a greenhouse. It was covered by a canopy of water vapor.

Or, if one prefers a scientific explanation instead of the Genesis version:

In its 4.5 billion year history, the earth has gone through a variety of different periods of varying climate. There have been periods when the entire planet was covered in ice, like the ice world Hoth of Star Wars fame. There have also been warmer periods when the ice was a much more scarce commodity than it is now. Also, we know from plate tectonics that continent of Antarctica was not always located the extreme South Pole...in fact, there were periods in the earth's history when Antarctica was attached to the other continents at much more temperate latitudes.

...but yes, Antarctica has been through periods of a near tropical climate when both fauna and flora prospered, with a fossil record to prove it.

Archived