Tom Holliday

What the hell does that even mean JJ?

I think it means we needed a pitching coach and recruiting coordinator. This guy is deemed to be the best we can get and in order to get him, "Associate Head Coach" had to be put in his title. He already held that position at NC State.

What the hell does that even mean JJ?

I think it means we needed a pitching coach and recruiting coordinator. This guy is deemed to be the best we can get and in order to get him, "Associate Head Coach" had to be put in his title. He already held that position at NC State.

The college sports world is full of assistant or associate or co-head coaches. This is nothing.... so why is anyone making a big deal or acting like this some kind of strange move?

Given the rough first year SG had, and a new coach out of nowhere? I didn't know we needed another coach. Don't be shocked I'm shocked, this feels like a strange move.

This isn't out of nowhere. Golloway has been pursuing him since at least the end of the season. The guy with the title (pitching coach), Scott Foxhall, didn't have his contract renewed. Just like with the players, Golloway inherited the assistant coaches and this is the first move toward building his own staff. They crossed paths in Oklahoma and Texas. I would look for another assistant to be named before the fall (hitting coach, maybe).

Dude is light's out, been to Omaha fourteen times as a coach. Might not be another guy out there with that line on his resume'.

And oh by the way, his oldest son is the head man at Oklahoma State and his other son just picked up his 1000th MLB RBI for the Cardinals.

This isn't out of nowhere. Golloway has been pursuing him since at least the end of the season. The guy with the title (pitching coach), Scott Foxhall, didn't have his contract renewed. Just like with the players, Golloway inherited the assistant coaches and this is the first move toward building his own staff. They crossed paths in Oklahoma and Texas. I would look for another assistant to be named before the fall (hitting coach, maybe).

Dude is light's out, been to Omaha fourteen times as a coach. Might not be another guy out there with that line on his resume'.

And oh by the way, his oldest son is the head man at Oklahoma State and his other son just picked up his 1000th MLB RBI for the Cardinals.

Should be interesting....been following what I consider to be a hit piece by Phillip Marshall on AUC a couple days ago which has been eagerly jumped on by a number of anti-JJ folks. Some may disagree with my perception of PM's column but I do know that early on, PM has had his problems with Sunny (and maybe with reason) and now that he is gone from the AU Athletic Dept, PM can say what he believes...but it is my assessment PM's comments about CSG were heavily biased and not helping the situation with baseball program.

Sunny may be an a** sometimes but he has been to Omaha a few times and I find it hard to believe that all of a sudden he has forgotten how to win, or how to bring in some talent to win ball games.

I view Holladay as a good hire and find it a bit hard to believe that he would have taken the job if many of the complaints lodged by PM and others were really true.

The Phillip Marshall opinion/article/hatchet job is simply the 277th rendition of the history of Auburn baseball coaches in the twenty-first century. I am of the opinion that Marshall is mediocre at best at what he does. There is a reason why Steve Renfroe is coaching at Briarwood. His players don't much care for him either.

"The season ended in turmoil with accusations and recriminations. Auburn lost its last eight home games. After an investigation, Golloway kept his job."

My dog will be more productive than that when I take him outside tonight.

The Phillip Marshall opinion/article/hatchet job is simply the 277th rendition of the history of Auburn baseball coaches in the twenty-first century. I am of the opinion that Marshall is mediocre at best at what he does. There is a reason why Steve Renfroe is coaching at Briarwood. His players don't much care for him either.

"The season ended in turmoil with accusations and recriminations. Auburn lost its last eight home games. After an investigation, Golloway kept his job."

I've never been much of a fan of Phillip Marshall either. His articles often come across to me with a bit of butthurt in them. Maybe that's just me, but he doesn't seem like a very happy person. My other issue with him is he's been an alleged Journalist for decades, yet still butchers the English language sometimes beyond comprehension and his spelling is often atrocious. Does he not have a proofreader to look over his work before its released??

PM is correct. You may not care for him, but this article is telling the truth about CSG. AU lost it's last 8 games mainly because the coach caused all kinds of trouble and was not doing his job, let alone doing it well. The situation deteriorated as the season progressed, and by the last few weeks it was intense and very detrimental to the team.

I am only slightly surprised that CSG is still at AU but maybe,hopefully he is on a short leash. I hope the new hire can help bring things under control, calm the troubled waters, and repair relationships.

What "investigation" is Marshall referring to? Who investigated what? What was there to investigate about a string of losses, the secret substance some evil person put in the water cooler?

What "investigation" is Marshall referring to? Who investigated what? What was there to investigate about a string of losses, the secret substance some evil person put in the water cooler?

The rumors floating around that nobody has confirmed anywhere was stuff that happened off the field. The treatment of players in the locker room and various other things as I understand it.

PM is correct. You may not care for him, but this article is telling the truth about CSG.

Phillip Marshall is a mostly a buffoon

phillip-Marshall-what.gif

Where is the link to the confirmation of any investigation? If you're referencing the Brian Foley blog, I'm guessing Marshall was one of his "independent sources". Foley also infers Scott Foxhall filed one of the suits (plural) against Golloway. That is an outright lie.

I'm usually OK with PM but back in Feb prior to AU's first game of the season in Florida, I overheard PM ragging on CSG to some other media guys while standing on the field during batting practice. This was while he was still working for the Athletic Dept....and while I guess it was his right to comment the way he did, it was immediately obvious to me that it did not take long for PM and CSG to get cross-ways with each other. I'm willing to bet that POD has it right in the comment above.

PM is correct. You may not care for him, but this article is telling the truth about CSG. AU lost it's last 8 games mainly because the coach caused all kinds of trouble and was not doing his job, let alone doing it well. The situation deteriorated as the season progressed, and by the last few weeks it was intense and very detrimental to the team.

I am only slightly surprised that CSG is still at AU but maybe,hopefully he is on a short leash. I hope the new hire can help bring things under control, calm the troubled waters, and repair relationships.

I suspect he's on a short leash but I hope we start winning and he's here for awhile. I'd rather see some change and improvement with wins over losing another coach and starting over again. I still like the guy but he has to know his time is short if things don't change.

Pawloski got five years, which was two years too many. I think Golloway needs to be given at least three years. By then it will be obvious whether he's turned the team in the right direction or not.

"There are a lot of people outside the fences that are going to comment on this team. Many of them don't know a baseball from a horse turd. Pay attention to your coaches and teammates, ignore the fans, and that includes parents when they are talking about this team."

That was part of my annual introductory speech to each year's baseball team at the first team meeting. You may conclude from that that I don't worry at all about comments from parents. When the team is winning there are no parental gripes.When the team is doing poorly, they all gripe.

Also, when the team wins it's because of great players and when they lose it's because of poor coaching. If you can't stand that, don't get in the game.

PM is correct. You may not care for him, but this article is telling the truth about CSG.

Where is the link to the confirmation of any investigation? If you're referencing the Brian Foley blog, I'm guessing Marshall was one of his "independent sources". Foley also infers Scott Foxhall filed one of the suits (plural) against Golloway. That is an outright lie.

I'm not referencing a blog. CSG came to AU with baggage. It's bound to be discussed.

Since CSG came to AU he has pissed off fans, upset parents and alienated his team. He also did a poor job with coaching. It is reason for concern. I don't see much to like yet.

Just because CJP got 5 years doesn't mean CSG deserves the same. Different men,different situations.

I'm not referencing a blog. CSG came to AU with baggage. It's bound to be discussed.

Since CSG came to AU he has pissed off fans, upset parents and alienated his team. He also did a poor job with coaching. It is reason for concern. I don't see much to like yet.

Just because CJP got 5 years doesn't mean CSG deserves the same. Different men,different situations.

I agree with that last statement but I've met CSG on several occasions in and outside the locker room and everyone seemed to be on board with the guy. I like him but I don't "live" with him so I'll take a wait and see approach from here on out.

Everyone is not on board, but hopefully he is going to be able to change that. He won't last long if things continue like they have been. AU needs to give him a few lessons in PR if JJ plans to keep him around.

So by "baggage" I assume you don't mean over 450 coaching victories, four time conference coach of the year award winner, six conference titles, a Big 12 tournament title, 14 trips to the NCAA playoffs and an appearance in Omaha?

Maybe you're referring to the crap that Joe Simpson spews about him. I have it on first hand authority that Simpson has never met Golloway.

Where is the confirmation of ANY investigation??

Pawloski got five years, which was two years too many. I think Golloway needs to be given at least three years. By then it will be obvious whether he's turned the team in the right direction or not.

"There are a lot of people outside the fences that are going to comment on this team. Many of them don't know a baseball from a horse turd. Pay attention to your coaches and teammates, ignore the fans, and that includes parents when they are talking about this team."

That was part of my annual introductory speech to each year's baseball team at the first team meeting. You may conclude from that that I don't worry at all about comments from parents. When the team is winning there are no parental gripes.When the team is doing poorly, they all gripe.

Also, when the team wins it's because of great players and when they lose it's because of poor coaching. If you can't stand that, don't get in the game.

Well stated Mikey.

I respectfully disagree. We lost the last 8 games due to our lack of talent.

I respectfully disagree. We lost the last 8 games due to our lack of talent.

Sorry AU78....you might be wrong. Perhaps the last 8 games were lost because of the coaching...but likely it was the other 20 losses that were caused by lack of talent. Only problem with this assessment is that I can't explain who gets the credit for the 28 wins. :-\

Archived