Cadillac back at AU ...

RunInRed

Cadillac is back: Former Auburn running back returns to campus

BsL824zCYAEygUj.jpg

It’s been over a decade since Carnell “Cadillac” Williams set Auburn single-season rushing records and tore through SEC defenses on a weekly basis.

With his playing career now behind him, Williams is now back on his old stomping grounds, ready to tackle some unfinished business.

“I had the thought a couple times during my playing career, but I always felt like once I was done with football, I’d come and finish my degree,” Williams said. “I only had seven hours left, so it would’ve been a shame not to finish that.”

His playing days may be behind him, but that doesn’t mean Williams is ready to step away from the game.

“I’m torn between getting back into coaching,” Williams said. “I definitely want to stay connected with the game of football because that’s what I’m passionate about. It’s what I love to do and I feel like I could help younger people, whether it’s high school or people in college trying to get to their destination.”

In the meantime, ‘Cadillac’ is just happy to be back in a place where he can achieve his goals and set an example for his five-month old son, Cole.

“It’s almost like I never left because of the family atmosphere around here,” Williams said. “They’ve continued to accept me in and it’s just a blessing.”

“I’m looking forward to playing the ‘Daddy’ role since it’s my first time. I may push him in the direction of football, but he can make that decision. He’s got my genes though, so he’s going to play ball.”

Read more:The Auburn Plainsman - Cadillac is back Former Auburn running back returns to campus

Glad to see him back getting that degree. If he only needs 7 hours he should graduating very soon.

I'm curious about these situations. If he only needed 7 hours, does the school maintain, even after all this time, the credits he accumulated while a student? Would love to see him as a GA!

Awesome. I was just wondering about him last night and remembering how he was a big part of that win over UGA in 1999.

No he wasn't. He played in 2001-2004. Are you referring to 2001?

yes, it was 2001. I started in 1999 and that was the Ben Leard/Ronnie Daniels party

I'm curious about these situations. If he only needed 7 hours, does the school maintain, even after all this time, the credits he accumulated while a student? Would love to see him as a GA!

Yes they do. They might make some adjustments in the department depending on the curriculum change, or certain classes no longer existing. Also after earning enough hours he should be grandfathered in the old degree program. Just have to find the classes they count that would satisfy the requirements.

Perfect example is me. I worked after finishing a undergrad, decided to come back and get a third undergrad. Everything I completed with my first two transferred into this one. So I did not have to take any core, I did not have to take any electives, all that was required were the classes that I did not have necessary for the degree currently worked on.

Fun fact btw. If you graduate from Auburn, and then return to Auburn for another degree you GPA resets regardless of the level of the degree.

Good to see "Caddy" back on campus trying to finish his degree

Sociology? Is sociology professor Gundlack still at Auburn? The BSPN stooge with a personal vendetta against all things football.

Many folks don't remember Caddy pre knee injury. After recovering he was still a very good RB but before it his cuts made 5 stars look like children.

Sociology? Is sociology professor Gundlack still at Auburn? The BSPN stooge with a personal vendetta against all things football.

Many folks don't remember Caddy pre knee injury. After recovering he was still a very good RB but before it his cuts made 5 stars look like children.

he didn't have a knee injury at auburn. But they kept failing him in the NFL. He had the perfect mixture of speed, cutting., power and vision. More carries than any other au RB.

he didn't have a knee injury at auburn. But they kept failing him in the NFL. He had the perfect mixture of speed, cutting., power and vision. More carries than any other au RB.

I felt so bad for him when he got injured those first 2 times for the Bucs. You're spot on with the pre-injury assessment though. He always fell forward, and his balance was unreal. He had some of the more exciting 5 yard runs lol just bouncing off of defenders.

I felt so bad for him when he got injured those first 2 times for the Bucs. You're spot on with the pre-injury assessment though. He always fell forward, and his balance was unreal. He had some of the more exciting 5 yard runs lol just bouncing off of defenders.

Broken fibula, not knee injury. He had many amazing games for Auburn after that but IMHO he was a different player after rehabbing. Stronger, heavier...less reliant on the world class cuts to which I refer.

Archived