2015 4* Danjel Purifoy Commits to Auburn

kwren34

Is there any word about where Purifoy will be playing this year, what high school he's attending, anything like that? The last published word I saw was that he'd been kicked off the Centerville team and did not intend to return to school there.

Wait wait wait....so when did we switch to nike?? :)/>

Glad to have this guy on board! Definitely a different level of talent then what we've seen lately playing for AU. Crazy how much cred Pearl brought to AU with out ever coaching a game for us.

Is there any word about where Purifoy will be playing this year, what high school he's attending, anything like that? The last published word I saw was that he'd been kicked off the Centerville team and did not intend to return to school there.

Mikey, I think he is going to Hargrave Military Academy in Virginia. Danjel is from my home town and he, lets just say, has had a rocky high school career so far. He played his 9th grade season at Bibb Co. HS, his 10th grade season at Cahawba Christian Academy and his 11th grade season back at Bibb Co. From what I can understand, he was kicked off the team this year because he refused to show up for mandatory summer workouts. He is one heck of a player and can control a game but i hope he gets his head on straight before he arrives at Auburn.

Mikey, I think he is going to Hargrave Military Academy in Virginia. Danjel is from my home town and he, lets just say, has had a rocky high school career so far. He played his 9th grade season at Bibb Co. HS, his 10th grade season at Cahawba Christian Academy and his 11th grade season back at Bibb Co. From what I can understand, he was kicked off the team this year because he refused to show up for mandatory summer workouts. He is one heck of a player and can control a game but i hope he gets his head on straight before he arrives at Auburn.

Good info. Thanks!

Sounds like Hargave might be the perfect place to play his senior season before getting to AU. He has the game, hopefully they will instill some team values and discipline.

... Crazy how much cred Pearl brought to AU with out ever coaching a game for us.

... or ever talking to a recruit.

Now that the show-cause has expired, I'm expecting more boom!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

People should be as excited about this as they are some of our football recruits. Purifoy is the most talented guy we've had sign with us in quite sometime, probably since Vot Barber. He has legitimate NBA talent, hopefully he can maximize it and get there. He will be tough to handle in Coach Pearl's system.

People should be as excited about this as they are some of our football recruits. Purifoy is the most talented guy we've had sign with us in quite sometime, probably since Vot Barber. He has legitimate NBA talent, hopefully he can maximize it and get there. He will be tough to handle in Coach Pearl's system.

If he has a solid season, stays out of controversy and finishes the season at the same school he stared the season at I'll begin to get excited. Purifoy has a lot to prove off the basketball court. So far every time somebody said something he didn't like he's picked up his sneakers and left. He's got a bunch of growing up to do before he'll help Auburn win games.

Archived