CJ Uzomah to Replace Nick Marshall at Media Days.

WarDamnEagle#1

Gotta say not a fan of the decision, because although I do believe it is a priveledge to represent this University, I believe he would have had a more pressure packed and teachable experience from having to answer to all these reporters asking him about this. Now all the reporters are going to ask about is what his teammates think of the situation at hand, and now have another question to ask in what do you think of the decision to not bring Marshall to media days?

Gotta say not a fan of the decision, because although I do believe it is a priveledge to represent this University, I believe he would have had a more pressure packed and teachable experience from having to answer to all these reporters asking him about this. Now all the reporters are going to ask about is what his teammates think of the situation at hand, and now have another question to ask in what do you think of the decision to not bring Marshall to media days?

It will be easy for the players to deflect. Not so easy for Malzahn, but he knows how to handle it.

I agree, it would have been all about weed and AU trouble and nothing about football. Good move by Gus. CJ is great with the media.

it still is gonna be at least when gus has to talk...

This was a no brainer to me, there was just no way Gus was gonna stick NM up there in front of the media and have them dissect every aspect of this situation. I think CJ should have been a representative to begin with so it probably worked out anyways- minus the whole "cited" thing and all. :)

I love that CJ is getting to go. He is one of my favorite current players and appears to have his head on straight. I think he will be an excellent representative of Auburn University.

I wasn't a fan of the decision at first, but I think this is a blessing. Mr. Marshall is a great football player, but some of his post-game interviews are a bit hard to follow. I think he gets a bit excited and falls back on simple speech. I would hate for multiple gung-ho journalists trying to rile him up and succeed.

Also, CJ is a perfect fit for Media Days; kid is very charismatic and eloquent. We've had some really incredible tight ends at Auburn. By far my favorite position from the past 20 years.

It's gonna be all about the weed issues, perception is we may still have a problem with it. And the media will grill GM to get their ounce of flesh. Goes with the territory when you're a big time HC.

As a coach, one of, if not the, most important jobs is to protect your kids. CGM did just that by not allowing Nick to go to media days. He'll punish Nick later, he needed to protect him now. Well done by our coach.

It's gonna be all about the weed issues, perception is we may still have a problem with it. And the media will grill GM to get their ounce of flesh. Goes with the territory when you're a big time HC.

It should be pretty easy to make one brief statement and then say he will not answer any further questions about it. Next question....

i like cj, cool dude, smart....reminds me of a certain former nba player, Shane Battier, anyone else?

Good take from John Carvalho, AU journalism prof:

http://www.thewareag...l/#.U8QNLfldWnd

He got it 100% correct IMO....anyone who wanted Nick to "take his punishment" just has no empathy and certainly does not understand how that media hammering could harm Nick....and Auburn.

CJ , Gabe and Reese were excellent representatives of their team ...and Auburn. They each nicely answered about 15 minutes of really dumb questions .....after each got one or two about Nick that were handled well. Good day for Auburn and the Nick story (aside from ESPNU) was mostly a non-event in B'ham which was as it should have been.

Gus did what any coach would have done in the same situation - hold out the problem child and keep 'em away from the media hounds. If you can't represent AU like an "AU Man" on the private stage then you don't get to represent AU on the public stage.

Gus did what any coach would have done in the same situation - hold out the problem child and keep 'em away from the media hounds. If you can't represent AU like an "AU Man" on the private stage then you don't get to represent AU on the public stage.

Gus absolutely made the right move. Like a lot of people have said on here he is protecting Nick from the idiot reporters that would have torn him apart. Nick I am sure is not a member of the Toastmasters Club and was really relieved that he did not have to face the media blitzkrieg that surely would have happened if he would have had to face them, I have all the confidence in Gus to mete out whatever punishment he feels Nick deserves and just get on with the season. The "off with his head" mentality never really served any useful purpose in this kind of situation. CJ was my first choice over Nick anyway. My wife and I sat next to CJ at a FCA breakfast before the Chick-Fil-A bowl a few years ago and we were both very impressed on what a real gentleman he was. A great representitive for Auburn. This will work out fine. Let's just move on people. WDE!!!!

As a coach, one of, if not the, most important jobs is to protect your kids. CGM did just that by not allowing Nick to go to media days. He'll punish Nick later, he needed to protect him now. Well done by our coach.

Agree 100%. He has NO obligation to account to the press. He just has to account to the coaches and be in the good graces of his teammates.

He will be OK.

Archived