With liberals pining for a Clinton challenger, ambitious Democrats get in position

Tigermike

That horse has been beaten beyond the grave. I'm not going to do it again....

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well...I guess I can for the last time:

http://www.washingto...a9258_blog.html

There is nothing in there indicating she got any actual benefit from it other than bragging rights.

She was not hired because of it. She was hired because of her impressive record. No one has said or implied anything different. Just the opposite.

This is being blown way out of proportion for the sole purpose of disparaging Warren politically.

There is nothing in there indicating she got any actual benefit from it other than bragging rights.

She was not hired because of it. She was hired because of her impressive record. No one has said or implied anything different. Just the opposite.

This is being blown way out of proportion for the sole purpose of disparaging Warren politically.

And yet, both Penn and Harvard listed on their respective rosters that they had ONE minority Law professor. No benefits(to her) at all.

And yet, both Penn and Harvard listed on their respective rosters that they had ONE minority Law professor. No benefits(to her) at all.

Like I said. Bragging rights.

If it was no benefit to her, I doubt those institutions would have made an effort to broadcast the minority status of said Law professor. It helped her and reasonable people can see that. Progressives are developing quite a pedigree for lying to get what they're after, whether it be a policy or a gig.

What a bunch of BS! It helped her get to where she is and she used it to the hilt until it was proven otherwise. Minorities get preferential opportunity and she hit two of the four (female and minority group) which no doubt helped her get the job(s).

If it was no benefit to her, I doubt those institutions would have made an effort to broadcast the minority status of said Law professor. It helped her and reasonable people can see that. Progressives are developing quite a pedigree for lying to get what they're after, whether it be a policy or a gig.

I've already posted a news link stating that Harvard's announcement of her hire made no mention of her minority status. Zero. This is clearly being driven by y'all's obsessive biases, not the actual facts . Scott Brown well understood the Republican base when he made this his key issue. You guys are blind to all else.

You're not offended, so you don't care. The woman used false Native American heritage as a way to help her resume. I don't like it, it offends my heritage, and she's a farce. Get over it.

I've already posted a news link stating that Harvard's announcement of her hire made no mention of her minority status. Zero. This is clearly being driven by y'all's obsessive biases, not the actual facts . Scott Brown well understood the Republican base when he made this his key issue. You guys are blind to all else.

Some people are just unwilling to see the truth. From the WaPo which clearly you refused to read:

Professional Directories

The Boston Herald reported in April that Warren had listed herself as a minority in the American Association of Law Schools directory and that Harvard Law School had touted her supposed lineage when the program faced doubts about faculty diversity.

Critics pounced on the news, suggesting Warren had feigned Native American ancestry to enhance her teaching prospects.

The Democratic candidate stumbled early on in reacting to this controversy. At one point, Warren cited remarks that her aunt Bea made about high cheekbones in the family as evidence of her indigenous ancestry. She said she listed herself as a minority in the professional listings merely to connect with “people like me,” noting that it was “not a particularly good use for the directory, because it never happened.”

The American Association of Law Schools directory doesn’t specify which professors are Native American, but instead clumps all the “minority law teachers” together in a distinct section. As such, it’s no surprise that Warren didn’t connect with American Indians through the listing — they wouldn’t have known she was one of them.

Warren first listed herself as a minority in the Association of American Law Schools Directory of Faculty in 1986, the year before she joined the faculty of the University of Pennsylvania Law School. She continued to list herself as a minority until 1995, the year she accepted a tenured position at Harvard Law School."

By 1995 she quit claiming the native american lineage because, by then, she was a tenured professor at Harvard. Get over it Tex...she lied for years to enrich her career and she got away with it.

Some people are just unwilling to see the truth. From the WaPo which clearly you refused to read:

Professional Directories

The Boston Herald reported in April that Warren had listed herself as a minority in the American Association of Law Schools directory and that Harvard Law School had touted her supposed lineage when the program faced doubts about faculty diversity.

Critics pounced on the news, suggesting Warren had feigned Native American ancestry to enhance her teaching prospects.

The Democratic candidate stumbled early on in reacting to this controversy. At one point, Warren cited remarks that her aunt Bea made about high cheekbones in the family as evidence of her indigenous ancestry. She said she listed herself as a minority in the professional listings merely to connect with “people like me,” noting that it was “not a particularly good use for the directory, because it never happened.”

The American Association of Law Schools directory doesn’t specify which professors are Native American, but instead clumps all the “minority law teachers” together in a distinct section. As such, it’s no surprise that Warren didn’t connect with American Indians through the listing — they wouldn’t have known she was one of them.

Warren first listed herself as a minority in the Association of American Law Schools Directory of Faculty in 1986, the year before she joined the faculty of the University of Pennsylvania Law School. She continued to list herself as a minority until 1995, the year she accepted a tenured position at Harvard Law School."

By 1995 she quit claiming the native american lineage because, by then, she was a tenured professor at Harvard. Get over it Tex...she lied for years to enrich her career and she got away with it.

We are over it. That's the point.

If you want to continue to make a big deal of it fine, but it's irrelevant as far as I am concerned. Likewise if emt is so "offended". :-\

Professional Directories

If you want to continue to make a big deal of it fine, but it's irrelevant as far as I am concerned. Likewise if emt is so "offended". :-\

Are you Native American? What if this were something dealing with blacks? Would you then be offended? My great grandfather escaped the relocation by hoping trains in South Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama until Southern Railroad gave him a job as a rail hand. It was then that he met my great grandmother in an area just outside of the Pickens, South Carolina and they married a year later. If you can't understand why I'm offended then you are the one who is lost and everyone of your posts are indicative of it.

Professional Directories

Are you Native American? What if this were something dealing with blacks? Would you then be offended? My great grandfather escaped the relocation by hoping trains in South Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama until Southern Railroad gave him a job as a rail hand. It was then that he met my great grandmother in an area just outside of the Pickens, South Carolina and they married a year later. If you can't understand why I'm offended then you are the one who is lost and everyone of your posts are indicative of it.

Well, actually, as I stated earlier I am pretty sure my Great-grandmother on my Father's side was Native American. Should I be offended?

Professional Directories

If you want to continue to make a big deal of it fine, but it's irrelevant as far as I am concerned. Likewise if emt is so "offended". :-\/>

Well, actually, as I stated earlier I am pretty sure my Great-grandmother on my Father's side was Native American. Should I be offended?

Only if you care as much as I do about the issue. Obviously you don't.....so there you have it.

Only if you care as much as I do about the issue. Obviously you don't.....so there you have it.

Do you see the irony in that?

I wonder what Hilary thinks about Bills mistress called "energizer". Hilary has zero self respect.

That's absurd. You have to be egotistical just to consider running.

Not all marriages meet the criteria of your ideal, story-book marriage. That doesn't mean either party necessarily lacks self-respect.

Heck, Hillary says "what difference does it make?" For sure Monica and Energizer aren't as important as the four dead Americans whose blood is on her hands. She will probably have Monica and Energizer out campaigning or her. It sure didn't hurt JFK.

Heck, Hillary says "what difference does it make?" For sure Monica and Energizer aren't as important as the four dead Americans whose blood is on her hands. She will probably have Monica and Energizer out campaigning or her. It sure didn't hurt JFK.

"blood on her hands" :-\

Not at all. Only you would.

She didn't answer that call in the middle of the night like she thought she would, did she?

She didn't answer that call in the middle of the night like she thought she would, did she?

Not answering a call made this happen? I suppose this is where I should come back and bring up positive decisions by politicians (of all stripes) that resulted in the loss of life?

What a dumb thing to assert.

autigeremt....one of these days Leon Panetta will have to b called on. He is the key figure in all the Benghazi cover up. He went to the WH that night and talked to the Pres. I don't know how he is managing to avoid testimony but he can't avoid it forever. When he does it will either expose Hillary or exonerate her. Maybe it will happen about a month before the 2016 election.

Not at all. Only you would.

Apparently.

Archived