2015 3* CB Chris Westry (Kentucky signee)

CameronCrazy

Can't imagine Gibson being a better prospect at safety. Especially if westry is as fast as they say.

I've never seen high speed ever be a major requisite for a safety prospect.

That's fine, depends what you want from your safety but a lanky fast safety can cover an entire field if they have good instincts. I'm sure everybody would like to have that.

That's fine, depends what you want from your safety but a lanky fast safety can cover an entire field if they have good instincts. I'm sure everybody would like to have that.

I'll take the good instincts and smarts over speed any day of the week at safety. See many hall of fame safeties. Most if not all did not have CB or WR speed.

I read that I was thinking that actually means he has quite a bit of potential since he hasn't been playing that long. But I won't argue, you guys don't think he's that good. I guess we'll see...

Got a feeling that this kid is gonna SHINE somewhere else

What position will he play? The likelihood of Westry becoming a "stud" corner at his height is extremely low. Furthermore; this kid is extremely raw and underdeveloped.

The problem I have is that this kid has no set position. He "plays" corner, but that doesn't mean he'll actually be able to cover an SEC receiver. You know how many 6'4/6'5 corners there are out there? Next to none. There is a reason for that. I'd like to believe that if Westry was some huge exception to the rule that we wouldn't be his only major offer.

Google bobby Taylor, once all pro for eagles

you guys don't think he's that good.

I'm not a talent evaluator and don't have an opinion on that. I'm just passing on what is likely going on here and what was succesful at safety in the past.

But I won't argue, you guys don't think he's that good.

I said he's an intriguing athlete, but he is a major project hence why despite his height/athleticism he has few offers from top programs. I also don't think its as easy as just switching him to 'X' position if he can't play corner. The reality is that there are a ton of really good athletes who never figured out how to actually play football. Do you remember Harry Adams? He ran a 9.96 100 meter (setting a new Auburn record) yet couldn't do anything at either WR or DB.

If I remember correctly, when Muschamp was here last time as DC, he liked moving safety guys to LB. Im pretty sure that is what happened to TWill.

What would you think about moving him LB? A 6'5 OLB with 4.4 speed could be lethal.

If I remember correctly, when Muschamp was here last time as DC, he liked moving safety guys to LB. Im pretty sure that is what happened to TWill.

What would you think about moving him LB? A 6'5 OLB with 4.4 speed could be lethal.

I doubt he could gain that much weight .

No, man. Take a look at this kid's build...he's rail thin. You realize that a LB has to be thick and powerful, right? He weighs like 180 pounds right now at ~6'4.

I doubt he could gain that much weight .

I see that from going back and looking over at the pictures posted of him. It was just an idea... could you imagine what he would look like, if he is a gym rat, after a couple seasons under our S&C coach? He could be scary.

Either way, I just hate it. I was super excited when I saw his size. I just dont want to lose that.

We wont be putting many 5'9 DBs in the league...

Until we hear otherwise he's a AU Tiger.

While I can't see him gaining enough weight to be a linebacker I could see him gaining enough weight to be a safety with that speed. If he currently plays corner that would indicate he has skill set to cover TE's and RB's out of backfield but would definitely need more weight when he comes up in run support.

While I can't see him gaining enough weight to be a linebacker I could see him gaining enough weight to be a safety with that speed. If he currently plays corner that would indicate he has skill set to cover TE's and RB's out of backfield but would definitely need more weight when he comes up in run support.

This would make a lot of sense...

Free note on Westry http://arkansas.247s...t-more-34898271

Arkansas on Tuesday morning offered Auburn CB commit Chris Westry.

I'm told Westry is strongly considering taking an Arkansas official this weekend.

With a new defensive staff at AU, his status with the Tigers is up in the air. There should be some news regarding that in the next few days.

Edited by ellitor

Talked to Muschamp yesterday for first time. Said things would be a little clearer in 48 hours or so. Sounds like he may be headed elsewhere but time will tell. At least appears it won`t linger either way.

At least he has options. I'd feel a lot worse if there was no time for him to shop, and/or he didn't have other legit offers on the table. Arkansas and Kentucky are pretty impressive fall back options.

Keith Niebuhr @Keith247Sports 54s54 seconds ago

Hearing DB Chris Westry has flipped from #Auburn to #Kentucky. Working to confirm @JEdwar247

Keith Niebuhr @Keith247Sports 23s23 seconds ago

Can confirm former #Auburn DB commit Chris Westry now committed to #Kentucky ... Really good player

Edited by AubTigers