2015 3* CB Chris Westry (Kentucky signee)

CameronCrazy

I think it is very likely that this kid s just jumped off the charts for AU. I think he has the size that DB's will be have to get to compete against the taller, athletic receivers. In our case, look at Coates, in the NFL there is Megatron, Fitzgerald, R. White, and others.

Agreed, but it's rare to find a 6'4" guy that has the ability to react as fast as the shorter DB's. The average NFL CB is under 6' tall. Maybe Westry is the exception and if not, with that size and speed he could play and help at any number of positions.

I don't know......maybe.......LINEBACKER? /He said in his best church lady voice.../

I hope Chris is one of those diamonds in the rough for Auburn.

Edited by auburn4ever

I think it is very likely that this kid s just jumped off the charts for AU. I think he has the size that DB's will be have to get to compete against the taller, athletic receivers. In our case, look at Coates, in the NFL there is Megatron, Fitzgerald, R. White, and others.

Agreed, but it's rare to find a 6'4" guy that has the ability to react as fast as the shorter DB's. The average NFL CB is under 6' tall. Maybe Westry is the exception and if not, with that size and speed he could play and help at any number of positions.

I'm not sure if this guy will develop into a lockdown corner, but I think his measurables would make him an ideal nickel back in my unprofessional opinion.

I don't know......maybe.......LINEBACKER? /He said in his best church lady voice.../

He'd be better than the whiff we got on our third LB recruit last year.

People would've said they don't see Banks developing as a shut down corner either, and that's exactly what he became

I have confidence that our coaches saw a football player they could use somewhere or they wouldn't have offered. I'm excited about the possibilities.

I have no doubt about this kid because CGM and staff offered him a scholly and accepted his commit. Why would I question their ability to evaluate talent and coach it after what they accomplished in ONE FREAKING YEAR! :hellyeah:

I have no doubt about this kid because CGM and staff offered him a scholly and accepted his commit. Why would I question their ability to evaluate talent and coach it after what they accomplished in ONE FREAKING YEAR! :hellyeah:

Some are wondering out loud if we offered this guy because we lost out with someone else. It's a legitimate question that can be discussed. It's not questioning the coaches.

Dontarius Thomas was actually 6'4 180 lbs when he came out of high school too....

Must have shrunk to 6'2.5 once he got to college.

Dontarius Thomas was actually 6'4 180 lbs when he came out of high school too....

It happens. ;)

It happens. ;)

Shrinkage does happen, ask George Costanza.

It happens. ;)/>

Shrinkage does happen, ask George Costanza.

he was in the pool!!

Man, you all seem to like this discussion a lot. Now, back to Mr Westry. It will be interesting to follow his senior season. From earlier posts, it does not seem as though he gets tested very often.

I think if he shows a great work ethic, he has tons of potential. I cannot even imagine what our Strength and Conditioning program will do for him.

I tend to believe what the guy said about not getting many passes thrown his way. If he came to UF and AU camps and impressed against good competition enough to earn an offer, I am all for him.

Edited by AUTiger2012

With this guys measurables and speed....he could potentially end up playing any position on D outside of DL or could switch over to offense and play WR. I love getting guys like this.

I hear Chris kinda shuns the attention, so scouts might not have been paying that much attention to him since he didn't really play the recruiting game, but with him coming out of nowhere and Shaq Quarterman shaping up to be one of the top Junior recruits, i think he will get a lot more attention and move up the rankings a good bit. Of course that will only happen if people are brave enough to throw at him, which might not be the case

I hear Chris kinda shuns the attention, so scouts might not have been paying that much attention to him since he didn't really play the recruiting game, but with him coming out of nowhere and Shaq Quarterman shaping up to be one of the top Junior recruits, i think he will get a lot more attention and move up the rankings a good bit. Of course that will only happen if people are brave enough to throw at him, which might not be the case

Right, I do not think Chris has gone to any of the big recruiting camps. He has camped at FL and AU and received offers from both schools following his performances. There was a time, not long ago, when an offer from FL was one of the top offers you could get. That was when Urban was there.

Right, I do not think Chris has gone to any of the big recruiting camps. He has camped at FL and AU and received offers from both schools following his performances. There was a time, not long ago, when an offer from FL was one of the top offers you could get. That was when Urban was there.

It is more so for CBs now given Muschamp's pedigree and work at that position.