2015 3* CB Chris Westry (Kentucky signee)

CameronCrazy

The way some of these threads get derailed so quickly, I think a medicine sales rep could make a killing saling ADHD meds to some of us. :big:

Don't you mean medical/pharmaceutical sorry couldn't resist

The way some of these threads get derailed so quickly, I think a medicine sales rep could make a killing saling ADHD meds to some of us. :big:/>

Golf, I left you a message. Check when you get a chance. Thanks

Edited by JFDTiger80

The way some of these threads get derailed so quickly, I think a medicine sales rep could make a killing saling ADHD meds to some of us. :big:/>

:bigblush:

Well??? What did it say?

Well??? What did it say?

Wanted to know about Jenny :bigblush: :bigblush: :bigblush:

• 3 months later...

While I know that he could very well a huge asset to the team in a couple years, is he really that good, or are we making ourselves believe he is that good?

Guess you might want to check with Gus on that question....don't think anybody on here can give you a knowledgeable answer.

He earned an offer at camp, and we accepted his commit. That says something to me. I'm psyched about Auburn football and have no reason to need to make myself feel better. I think we're in excellent shape.

War Eagle!

I was told Westry was elite at both the Florida and AU camps. Boom offered Westry on the spot, same for AU. Elite talent that can't be coached. Was being pushed hard by Boom to commit to UF. Westry's coached called RG and that set the AU camp visit. FWIW.

Funny how that worked out.

• 5 weeks later...

@JLeeAU21: Oakleaf (Orange Park, Fla.) 3-star CB and AU commit Chris Westry no longer taking official visit to AU this weekend.

he could be the odd man left out.

Very possible. There is chatter of Boom completely retooling the defensive recruiting board.

It is also possible that what he said is exactly what it is. New coaching staff and he wants some tome to actually speak to them one on one and he doesn't think he will get then when so many other possible recruits will be there. His last statement was he still liked Auburn.

New coaching staff and he wants some tome to actually speak to them one on one and he doesn't think he will get then when so many other possible recruits will be there. His last statement was he still liked Auburn.

You are perceiving this incorrectly. It isn't Westry who is saying he doesn't want to come this weekend, it is our coaching staff (T-Rob and co.) essentially cancelling/"rescheduling" his visit.

You can read the writing on the wall. This kid is already committed, there shouldn't be a need to "reschedule" his visit. What this looks like is them phasing him out of this class, which I stated was a real possibility when we went out and offered like ~4 cornerbacks within a two day period. I doubt Westry can play CB in Malzahn's man-heavy system.

I thought FL offered Westry back when we did and he of course choose here. Not sure why no interest now if that is even why they are rescheduling/canceling his visit. I liked the potential of Westry. I hope he still ends up at AU

I thought FL offered Westry back when we did and he of course choose here. Not sure why no interest now if that is even why they are rescheduling/canceling his visit. I liked the potential of Westry. I hope he still ends up at AU

Was not a commiable offer from UF.

It is also possible that what he said is exactly what it is. New coaching staff and he wants some tome to actually speak to them one on one and he doesn't think he will get then when so many other possible recruits will be there. His last statement was he still liked Auburn.

In these type situations what is said is often not reality behind the scenes no matter how much certain people believe differently.

Westry thought it was:

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Chris-Westrys-commitment-reassured-with-Muschamps-arrival-34052542

I think it was commitable. I know those sites were wrong about two players in the past for a fact. Info passing through so many people at times get messed up. And I think he covers just fine

I'm not a huge fan of the idea that we might leave a kid out in the cold after he has been committed to us for months, potentially in exchange for guys who showed little interest until we got a new coach who they were more excited about. Seems more like the kind of move you could expect from another school in the state. In TT's article he seems genuinely excited for the opportunity to be at Auburn, which is lacking among so many kids these days who make a "business decision".

I'm not a huge fan of the idea that we might leave a kid out in the cold after he has been committed to us for months, potentially in exchange for guys who showed little interest until we got a new coach who they were more excited about. Seems more like the kind of move you could expect from another school in the state. In TT's article he seems genuinely excited for the opportunity to be at Auburn, which is lacking among so many kids these days who make a "business decision".

I'm with you. I appreciate these coaches jobs live and die by their recruits but at the same time, I believe in honoring a commitment unless there are extenuating circumstances.

Westry thought it was:

http://auburn.247spo...rrival-34052542

Most kids think most offers are commitable. Reality behind the scenes is often different.

I'm not a huge fan of the idea that we might leave a kid out in the cold after he has been committed to us for months

He won't be left out in the cold. If the staff feels they have targets they feel are better fits for the new system and philosophy they will honor the scholly but tell the kid he is free to look around. Gus will not pull a Saban to Phylon ala pulling the rug from out under.

I'm not a huge fan of the idea that we might leave a kid out in the cold after he has been committed to us for months

He won't be left out in the cold. If the staff feels they have targets they feel are better fits for the new system and philosophy they will honor the scholly but tell the kid he is free to look around. Gus will not pull a Saban to Phylon ala pulling the rug from out under.

That's a decent way to do it.