SEC network to be on basic/expanded cable

Maverick.AU

Spoke to a charter rep today while I was upgrading my sports package, she provided me with detailed information (Even checked with her Manager first) that they just received this morning, as long as you have a charter box and basic/expanded cable there will be no upgrade needed for the SEC network, at least for the southern/southeast region. So those of you thinking you needed the sports package to see the SEC network, you do not.

Great news IMO.

This is true for almost every provider, especially within the SEC footprint. Part of the negotiations was to have it on lower/mid tier packages. Directv is Choice and above, which is a pretty basic package with some decent channels.

outstanding news. i am still considering going with the sports package. just dont know if i'd really watch it though. espn and fox is normally good enough for me.

outstanding news. i am still considering going with the sports package. just dont know if i'd really watch it though. espn and fox is normally good enough for me.

Well I upgraded just today, to me its worth it. For $10 a month on their sports package I got all the ESPN channels including, News, Classic, Goaline, as well as the U, Fuel, Fox sports 2 and their fox atlantic/central channels which are showing college football games right now, Big 10 Network, NFL, and NFL redzone. May be missing some but thats what I've seen thus far. I was originally upgrading in case there were games on the U and also if the SEC network was going to be in the sports package. Considering when I watch TV its only for sports its worth it for me, basically like paying a netflix membership.

Well I upgraded just today, to me its worth it. For $10 a month on their sports package I got all the ESPN channels including, News, Classic, Goaline, as well as the U, Fuel, Fox sports 2 and their fox atlantic/central channels which are showing college football games right now, Big 10 Network, NFL, and NFL redzone. May be missing some but thats what I've seen thus far. I was originally upgrading in case there were games on the U and also if the SEC network was going to be in the sports package. Considering when I watch TV its only for sports its worth it for me, basically like paying a netflix membership.

thx for the reply. i might go ahead and still get it. like you, most of my tv watching is sports related.

SEC Network has also been picked up by Bright House, which is spotty throughout the South. Bright House has ties to Time Warner, so I suspect it will be available on Time Warner as well. Bright House is not charging extra and is not requiring any special sports package to receive SECN -- at least in my area.

In my area, Bright House has SECN HD on 1150, and SECN overflow HD on 1191. I didn't even know there would be an overflow channel. I'm glad to learn that they anticipate so much programming!

For those of you in North Alabama with WOW cable.....the SEC Network is available with the expanded basic package. It's on channel 47 and the HD channel is 985.

Archived