2014 Tiger Talk - Week 1 Edition

RunInRed

Quan will do fine at punt returner.

I agree. I think that, generally speaking, we as a fan base underappreciate him. Looking for some big plays in big spots from him.

If Kamryn redshirts it will be interesting to see who fills the void (which we also had last year) of the prototypical Gusball true backfield runner w/ WR hands. Ford could have been that guy last year but we needed him on D.

And not to pile on, but I'd like to see Stevens returning punts and Ford returning kickoffs. fwiw.

5:45 mark. Quan will do fine at punt returner.

That's not a punt return. It's basically a kickoff return. He has 10 guys standing stationary in front of him waiting to block. He is pretty sure handed but not explosive enough IMO. With the exception of Chris Davis, we haven't had a threat at punt return since Robert Dunn.

When is the official depth chart going to be released?

Gus said today. He didn't give a time, but if it didn't come out this morning I would assume after practice.

5:45 mark. Quan will do fine at punt returner.

That's not a punt return. It's basically a kickoff return. He has 10 guys standing stationary in front of him waiting to block. He is pretty sure handed but not explosive enough IMO. With the exception of Chris Davis, we haven't had a threat at punt return since Robert Dunn.

Explosiveness is not the most important attribute to have as a punt returner. Vision and decision making are the most important things. Robert Dunn was not very explosive at all, but he saw the field well and made good decisions and that's why he did a good job. And no this isn't a punt return in the video but it's similar and shows that he is capable of doing it. Also we see probably less than 1% of what the coaches are seeing. They know what they're doing putting him back there.

Archived