The Biggest Injustice of All....

SEC FAN

I think it's fair to say when USC didn't make it to the Championship game last year there was a widespread uproar from the media. Now that AU has been shutout of the Championship game the media's response has been subtle. However, the biggest injustice off all is the fact that AU cannot even get a share of the title. At least USC was able to. To me that's even worse than not going to the OB.

It's all good. nc are really just mnc's anyway and our season has been better than most of the mnc's from the last 20 years.

Bad timing more than anything.

It's only college football!

... and our season has been better than most of the mnc's from the last 20 years.

129876[/snapback]

No doubt, we accomplished more than 2003 LSU so far this year, and then they finished by beating an Oklahoma team that no one believed belonged in the BCS championship game, and who had just been slaughtered by Kansas State. Even VT this year is on a stronger run to finish the year than Oklahoma was last year, you could say we probably have a tougher game in the Sugar than they did...

well the reason there was such an uproar was because USC was #1 in both polls...i think, and they didn't get to go.

129873[/snapback]

You are correct. Oklahoma was WAY ahead in the BCS and lost to KSU. The loss dropped them from #1 to...#1 in the BCS poll. Their lead was so great that a late-in-the-season loss didn't boot them from first place.

I can't say that I 100% disagree with this logic. The #2 and #3 teams both had a loss when OU lost their game. OU lost their game to a ranked team, though it was by a large margin. USC lost to a pretty mediocre team. LSU lost to a Florida team that had a number of losses throughout the season and it was in Baton Rouge. Had there been two undefeated teams immediately behind OU, no way would they have played for the NC with a loss last year. It was a wierd situation and OU had owned everyone for the entire season.

However, I think that USC's lofty position this year is partly a result of the press' guilt for them not being included in the Sugar Bowl last year.

oh I totally agree. I do think that the media is biased about the LA team. They did feel bad about last season. I'm not sure who deserved to go to the Sugar Bowl last season. I mean, the media was comparing Oklahoma to the best college teams ever until they lost. USC had the worst loss of the three. I think that USC should have gone just because I don't think a team that doesn't win their conference championship should play for the NC. The media feels horrible for USC gettin left out, and thats why they refused to let them drop out of the top two, or even the first spot.

The problem that I have seen is that we have heard nothing out of our school or our conference in support of our undefeated football team

I don't understand this either. I may be mistaken but no SEC official has come out and stood by us. They didn't say anything while we were getting screwed through out the year and now when we are being srewed out the OB.

Questions that I have no answer to:

Everyone is looking at our out of conference wins - why isnt' anyone looking at our in conference wins?

Why doesn't a win over a 9 win team count more than a win over a 7-4 win team?

How much money is being paid out to those who vote? Yes, I am saying that the fix is in and money is being distributed to the voters to vote a certian way. Do I have proof? No I just feel that is the case.

Who started the BCS?

Why didn't the NCAA push to use their own ranking system for the BCS?

Why am I going crazy over all of this? Maybe because we might not get here again for a long time? I pray not!

Do I like winning or is it I can't stand losing?

Sorry just starting to babble. I digress. Oh well WDE!!! and beat VT!

:au:

No The Biggest Injustice of All....is that the AUBURN players did everything that was asked of them and then were told "Tough $hit". The players were told to win all your games and win the SEC Championship and you will have a chance. But in truth there was absolutely NO chance whatsoever. The voters in the AP poll, for the most part, have gone out of their way to vote so that their preseason prediction came true. "We the writers of the AP preseason poll have done all we can to make sure our July prediction comes true!" "We the geeks of the computer polls, the self appointed experts have decreed that the Southeastern Conference is somewhere below the Sunbelt Conference in over all team strength!" "The BIG12 North should be rated higher than the SEC"

The voters in the coaches poll have voted with a political agenda. The coaches have also been so duplicitous that they didn't want their votes made public. What are they afraid of? Especially the coaches of the SEC, who claim to coach in the toughest conference in the nation, but then fail to vote an undefeated conference champion #1 in the Nation.

Why bother playing the games, why not just let the )*&*%$ing newspaper writers anoint the National Champion in late July or August. Who ever they say is #1 & #2 are the chosen ones.

Excuse the rant, but the more I read and hear, the madder I get. And reading Mr. Scott Gaddis's reply to AUBURN and AUBURN people really set the fire to burning.

the SEC people don't really care because we are in a BCS game either way. There wouldn't have been two SEC teams in the BCS so the money was pretty much set. As long as they get as many possible in for the money, it doesn't matter that much to them.

USC was #1 in the polls last year that's the difference. What hurt you guys this year was that USC and OU were 1 and 2 to start the year, and Auburn was in the teens and had to work their way up from there. Pre-season polls are useless because look where VT was pre-season this year. Not in the top 25 and picked 6th in the ACC.

VT had same situation in 99 with Vick. They started in the teens but had some luck and teams ahead of them all lost except FSU.

USC was #1 in the polls last year that's the difference.  What hurt you guys this year was that USC and OU were 1 and 2 to start the year, and Auburn was in the teens and had to work their way up from there.  Pre-season polls are useless because look where VT was pre-season this year.  Not in the top 25 and picked 6th in the ACC. 

VT had same situation in 99 with Vick.  They started in the teens but had some luck and teams ahead of them all lost except FSU.

130001[/snapback]

Sorry JH...what hurts us in media bias. You're probably too young to remember, but we got hosed in '83 with the old bowl system...se we get screwed either way!

And no offence...but playing your very good, two loss team, doesn't do a dang thing for us. NOTHING TO GAIN...EVERYTHING TO LOSE. And that just stinks on ice for everybody connected to AU. You should be playing Texas, and we should be playing, at least, Utah or Texas. Someone who is undefeated or has one loss and would actually help us in the AP if we win. If we lose to you guys, they'll say..."SEE...they weren't that good after all"...and if win...they'll say..."So...they should've won by more...that wasn't a very good effort." Makes me sick! :angry::au:

Archived