Barkley running his mouth again

AURex

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard Colin Cowherd say today that Chuck was "Americas most beloved broadcaster". Man that's some bad press for AU. :)

I don't know if he is beloved so much. People are entertained by his antics so I guess maybe that qualifies?

I heard Colin Cowherd say today that Chuck was "Americas most beloved broadcaster". Man that's some bad press for AU. :)/>

I don't know if he is beloved so much. People are entertained by his antics so I guess maybe that qualifies?

Entertaining to others outside AU at our expense.

I think the massive amount of mostly consistent losing this program has achieved over the decades gives folks more to laugh about us than stuff Charles says. JMO.

Why would he have to lie about the past? I saw how he tried to get Dirk to play for us after he first met him.....That's not things a guy does when he doesn't care about the program. And saying he wants some press is crazy. He's one of the most popular sports figures period. People that are in demand or sought after don't look to try to stay in the spotlight they try to avoid it. Pretty much what he's done since Pearl has been hired.....

Why would he have to lie about the past? I saw how he tried to get Dirk to play for us after he first met him.....That's not things a guy does when he doesn't care about the program. And saying he wants some press is crazy. He's one of the most popular sports figures period. People that are in demand or sought after don't look to try to stay in the spotlight they try to avoid it. Pretty much what he's done since Pearl has been hired.....

That's the annoying part: He doesn't HAVE to lie about the past, he just does. He does care about the program, then turns around and says things that damage the program. Sir Charles needs to take the decades-old advice: "Be sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear". He doesn't do that.

Some people value good manners and some people don't. Some men open doors for ladies and others never think to do this. Some people say yes sir and no sir and others don't. Some people understand how Barkley's comments are detrimental to AU and others just don't get it.

So you know that he's lying?

He wasn't getting $20,000 a year when he was at Auburn. If saying he was getting that kind of money is lying, then he's lying.

He wasn't getting $20,000 a year when he was at Auburn. If saying he was getting that kind of money is lying, then he's lying.

He could have been giving a large chunk of it to help his family. Just because he wasn't riding around in a fancy car or dressed to the nine's, doesn't mean he didn't receive it.

Just a thought. I have no evidence one way or the other.

He came form a relatively poor family in Leeds, AL. They didn't have money to give him. Nobody hardly recruited him but Auburn and Sonny Smith. He was just a big fat kid.

He could have been giving a large chunk of it to help his family. Just because he wasn't riding around in a fancy car or dressed to the nine's, doesn't mean he didn't receive it.

Or, he could have been donating it all to the March of Dimes. There was no visible evidence that Barkley was getting extra dollars while at AU. Knowing the personality involved, it's reasonable to assume that there would have been some evidence.

Or, he could have been donating it all to the March of Dimes. There was no visible evidence that Barkley was getting extra dollars while at AU. Knowing the personality involved, it's reasonable to assume that there would have been some evidence.

Well, he is very close to his family, and I think his mother and he are very close. So there is that personality as well.

You're right, there is no evidence one way or the other.

PT, maybe no one recruited him out of Leeds, but it took about two months to figure out he was, is, and will be the most important thing that ever happened to Auburn basketball. We needed and need him more than he needed or needs us.

Some people value good manners and some people don't. Some men open doors for ladies and others never think to do this. Some people say yes sir and no sir and others don't. Some people understand how Barkley's comments are detrimental to AU and others just don't get it.

Maybe you can help us out and explain how Barkley saying this hurts AU? I'm saying it doesn't because AU will get into no trouble. No players will choose to not go to AU because of this. I guess you could say this will get the NCAA attention but I would disagree with that. It's not like AU won any championships with Barkley so it doesn't make any titles mean less. I haven't seen any big news stories come out about this. So it's not like it taints AU in the minds of the nation. Yeah I just can't understand the big deal so I'd appreciate any help you can provide.

"So it's not like it taints AU in the minds of the nation. Yeah I just can't understand ..." said gravejd.

I totally disagree with your preceding comment as it definitely does bring dark clouds over the AU image. The nation heard all the false accusations dealing with Cam and the Trumped up Bagman. That was detrimental to AU's reputation even though it was all lies. What Barkley said was either true or it was a lie. It doesn't matter when said it is hurtful to our reputation. The superior athletic position status Barkley holds at Auburn simply adds to the tainted perception. Hope that helps gravejd. There are somethings in life that can sometimes be hard to grasp.

I don't really care what ESPN or Alabama/SEC fans think of us. Small minds will always use the least creative way to poke fun/criticize their opponent.

Hoping that idiots like that will one day wake up and all of a sudden respect/admire Auburn is an exercise in futility worse than trying to put toothpaste back in the tube. I don't concern myself with what anonymous idiots on random message boards say about my beloved AU.

It does kingfish, no REAL effect on AU. But it MAY taint the shine of AU to SOME people. Thanks for explaining your position. I hope AU is able to redeem itself in your eyes.

It does kingfish, no REAL effect on AU. But it MAY taint the shine of AU to SOME people. Thanks for explaining your position. I hope AU is able to redeem itself in your eyes.

AU has nothing to redeem. Barkley is not likely to ever seek redemption. Maybe in some sense, if you'll look at his BS as though he were speaking ill in public about an ex-girlfriend you'll see why his actions are simply needless and not good. No gentleman or person of class would do such a thing.

If you think his braying about alleged illegal activities at Auburn is good for us, please explain.

AU has nothing to redeem. Barkley is not likely to ever seek redemption. Maybe in some sense, if you'll look at his BS as though he were speaking ill in public about an ex-girlfriend you'll see why his actions are simply needless and not good. No gentleman or person of class would do such a thing.

If you think his braying about alleged illegal activities at Auburn is good for us, please explain.

I'm with you on this...but I note that Charles has moved on to making stupid comments in the Peterson situation now.. One thing for certain, Charlies just can't go very long without making some dopey comment that get's his name and picture in the news.

Archived