Will someone get this unstoppable alignment idea to Gus ASAP?

AUisAll

One less WR on the field. Jeremy and Nick lined up in the shotgun side by side with CAP in his usual spot. Have one of the two QB's read the defense to determine the best play against it. If it is a run, send JJ in motion and let Nick do his thing, if pass is the best play let Nick go in motion as another receiver option and snap it to JJ and let him do his thing. Plus, it could be mixed up to where the defense just calls time out and complains to the ref that ' this isn't fair'. I say this because unless I'm missing something or if he just had a bad game but Nick's passing looks similar to last season.

One less WR on the field. Jeremy and Nick lined up in the shotgun side by side with CAP in his usual spot. Have one of the two QB's read the defense to determine the best play against it. If it is a run, send JJ in motion and let Nick do his thing, if pass is the best play let Nick go in motion as another receiver option and snap it to JJ and let him do his thing. Plus, it could be mixed up to where the defense just calls time out and complains to the ref that ' this isn't fair'. I say this because unless I'm missing something or if he just had a bad game but Nick's passing looks similar to last season.

You really shouldn't start drinking this early in the day.... :big:

You really shouldn't start drinking this early in the day.... :big:

It's 5:00 somewhere! ;) I'm telling you this alignment would have the defense so confused that they would run out of timeouts on the first series.

So when the QB goes in motion the d automatically knows run or pass?

Absolutely not. Both can pass and/or run. That's why our opponents will be calling time out and yelling at the ref that 'it's not fair'. :)

Gus already has charted this and looked at all possible options off this formation. He is , after all, a GENIUS !!! (Shame on you for not already knowing these facts)... ;-)

I think my idea from another thread would put more pressure on the defense if they ever want to put both on the field at the same time. JJ at QB and NM in the slot. It would create a quadruple option. JJ could hand off to NM on the jet sweep ( which could technically lead to a 5th option of NM passing after the hand off), hand off to CAP for a run going the opposite way of NM's motion because the defense will flow with him, run the keeper up the middle off of the read option, or pass.

I have seen some things about using NM as a wing back like ULM used their second QB last year, but I don't see that happening.

I think my idea from another thread would put more pressure on the defense if they ever want to put both on the field at the same time. JJ at QB and NM in the slot. It would create a quadruple option. JJ could hand off to NM on the jet sweep ( which could technically lead to a 5th option of NM passing after the hand off), hand off to CAP for a run going the opposite way of NM's motion because the defense will flow with him, run the keeper up the middle off of the read option, or pass.

I have seen some things about using NM as a wing back like ULM used their second QB last year, but I don't see that happening.

I was thinking this. And JJ could run the opposite way of NMS on the sweep and possibly throw it back to JJ and he could run or pass it. Just a ill wrinkle

I have an idea. Why don't we line up in about 5 basic formations, and have about 20 plays we can run out of each formation.

Pound inside and outside, throw long short and across the middle. Have plays multiple option plays that keep the defense's heads spinning.

Add a jet sweep with a guy that runs olympic class sprint times, then run the plays in a HUNH offens behind a huge well trained, well conditioned line.

I've seen this in HS, wonder if it would work in the SEC.

Little doc hate it when people tell me their diagnosis when I ask them their symptoms

I have an idea. Why don't we line up in about 5 basic formations, and have about 20 plays we can run out of each formation.

Pound inside and outside, throw long short and across the middle. Have plays multiple option plays that keep the defense's heads spinning.

Add a jet sweep with a guy that runs olympic class sprint times, then run the plays in a HUNH offens behind a huge well trained, well conditioned line.

I've seen this in HS, wonder if it would work in the SEC.

Little doc hate it when people tell me their diagnosis when I ask them their symptoms

Come on little doc, you know that would never work in the SEC.

The thing is, I fully expect to see JJ and NM in the same backfield this year, if nothing else it will keep the opposing DC up at night and wasting practice time trying to figure out what play they will run.

Little doc

No reason not to use this at least once

No real reason to use it either. I mean there is no compelling reason why it should be put in there other than the fact that some fans think it would be "cool" I'm not against it as such but I really don't see the purpose of it.

No reason not to use this at least once

No real reason to use it either. I mean there is no compelling reason why it should be put in there other than the fact that some fans think it would be "cool" I'm not against it as such but I really don't see the purpose of it.

The purpose to use it or at least show it is to put more pressure on the D during preparation and during the game and ultimately to score more points.

Archived