***Auburn vs. Kansas State Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

It's one game...and not that different from our win over a mostly mediocre Miss State team at Auburn last season ...about this same stage of the season.

No doubt that losing Greg and Kozan is a factor...it looked like we could have worked through the loss of Greg ....but with AK out too, that's a big impact on the OL....and seems we don't have anyone near Prosch's level as a fullback/lead blocker..missed blocks all night long.

But it's early in the season...and over a week to get ready for LaTech....not to worry.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the unusual rotation that K-State was using with their safeties coming down in run support, our WR's were missing blocks as well. We adjusted to it late in the game, but it hurt us early.

Well Idk about yall but I'm just gonna speak for myself when I say that the only reason why I'm so tough on them and upset about the play is because of what happened last season,I aint gotta say what it was either, and the stigma of auburn teams, if what happened hadn't of happened i wouldn't really be upset with last night's game...At this point it's reality...Going to the NC is a must..and as long as we just let this game be a blip on the radar we'll be fine, but i don't wanna have to make that excuse again.

Where did K State leave 19 pts on the field? Maybe 16 yes. Turnovers are part of the game. It's fair to say with the last drive when we scored a field goal, had CGM not tried to so tricky we would have scored a TD(4 pts), Had Duke caught the wide open pass that hit him in the hands in full stride (7 pts), Not to mention the dropped long balls hat would have had is in at least fg range on two occasions and on the last drive of the game would have been for a TD or fg(3 pts) My Math says 34 to 30.We won a hard game on the road against a worthy opponent. I'll take that all day everyday! War Eagle

As bad as the running game was, I thought that last drive when CAP started out with two good runs for that intial first down was a huge moment for him and the OL. The third down pass to Duke sealed it but without that previous first down it wouldnt have happened. I still think this OL can be very very good and one game shouldnt define them.

Just remember. For all we know we just beat the Big XII champ. I believe I read a stat saying that every year Bill Synder as HC at KSU has returned a starting QB his Team has averagered a 10-2* season (give or take). Was it an ugly win? Sure. But I for one saw correctable issues resulting in our lack luster offensive play.

Teams always learn from poor performances. It is muuuuuch better to have a learning experience in a win than in a loss. This game was being billed as a critical and tough game for Auburn all off-season and leading up to the game. And it turned out being that way. We won, on the road, to a top 20 team. Sure, we didn't look very smooth on offense, but we got the job done. Time to review the film, get the blocking issues fixed and keep it pushing.

Well Idk about yall but I'm just gonna speak for myself when I say that the only reason why I'm so tough on them and upset about the play is because of what happened last season,I aint gotta say what it was either, and the stigma of auburn teams, if what happened hadn't of happened i wouldn't really be upset with last night's game...At this point it's reality...Going to the NC is a must..and as long as we just let this game be a blip on the radar we'll be fine, but i don't wanna have to make that excuse again.

I'm just going throw this out there. Saying that "going to the NC is a must" is honestly delusional. Now don't take this to mean that I think we can't make it back, because we absolutely could. However, people need to step back and realize how damn hard it is just to get there. Before 2010, we hadn't played for a NC in 53 years. The fact that we've played for 2-of-4 is absolutely amazing. But because we share a state with the only other team in the country that has had a better run than that over the last 5-6 years, people lose perspective.

Enjoy the ride and worry about next week. Remember, just repeating as SEC champs is a tall task. No one has done it since 1997-1998.

I'm just going throw this out there. Saying that "going to the NC is a must" is honestly delusional. Now don't take this to mean that I think we can't make it back, because we absolutely could. However, people need to step back and realize how damn hard it is just to get there. Before 2010, we hadn't played for a NC in 53 years. The fact that we've played for 2-of-4 is absolutely amazing. But because we share a state with the only other team in the country that has had a better run than that over the last 5-6 years, people lose perspective.

Enjoy the ride and worry about next week. Remember, just repeating as SEC champs is a tall task. No one has done it since 1997-1998.

GREAT perspective, absolutely GREAT and correct.

Just remember. For all we know we just beat the Big XII champ. I believe I read a stat saying that every year Bill Synder as HC at KSU has returned a starting QB his Team has averagered a 10-2* season (give or take). Was it an ugly win? Sure. But I for one saw correctable issues resulting in our lack luster offensive play.

Don't think so. It was not so much about Kansas State being that good as it was about our offense being that bad...

Not sure what the issues were, but our offense was out of sync all night. No lead blocks for our RB, dropped passes, and balls thrown too low.

I forgive the long passes being off due to the strong winds. Hard to predict trajectory with 25 MPH gust.

Just so it is understood, I do not think we continue in the bad offensive mode that was last night. It was one night and for whatever reason, we were not in sync. Was I surprised? yes, I was looking for the offense we are accustom to. Do I think it dooms us for the season? Absolutely not!

Let's face it the Offense laid an egg last night. Happens to even the best teams

I didn't see the referee bias during the game. Watching it over, slowing it down, the bias is clearly evident. Lots of holding, blocks in the back, illegal picks. It was sad.

I didn't see the referee bias during the game. Watching it over, slowing it down, the bias is clearly evident. Lots of holding, blocks in the back, illegal picks. It was sad.

There was not a single kick return (kick off or punt return) where there were not obvious blocks in the back by K State. Not one penalty against K State all night (that resulted in negative yardage).

Archived