***Auburn vs. Kansas State Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

Somebody needs to eat crow about treed!! U know who u are, own it

You're never going to let that one go are you WE6? :laugh: I thought Reed was going to get called for PI on two occasions. He was really aggressive and I liked that. Ford was all over the field making plays as well. Would be nice we can put together a complete performance on both sides but I think we'll get there.

LMBO!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our punter mishandled his first snap. Hearkened back to Death Valley 2013. So glad the rest of the night went better for us. Now let's sweep the state of LA under Jordan-Hare's grass. War Damn Eagle!

Guest jojo1515

We had an off night. I don't think very many players played to their capabities tonight. For those touting the D, if they make 3 easy fgs and catch a very easy-uncovered td pass, they score 30 and the D is being blasted as terrible. We aren't as bad as we played, though; we just had an off night all the way around. Luckily our athleticism overcame a sloppy game. The D did look better overall, but I'll reserve calling them great until they don't luck their way into not giving up 30 points. I think jones is still trying to find his receiver to cover.....

Anyone that says nick threw poorly needs to re watch that game. Finished 17-31 with at least 4 drops. Very impressed with how he threw the ball

LOL

Not sure what you are laughing at. There were a couple of bad balls but overall Nick did really well.

He definitely had some dropped balls by the wideouts but perhaps we differ in what the term "really well" means. Nick made numerous wrong reads to go along with his bad throws.

I said he threw it well. Didn't say his zone reads went well

I wasn't responding to you with that, it was the "played really well" comment.

Gotta give credit to the defense. Although Waters completed passes and Sexton made a lot of good catches, overall the Defensive secondary held them in check. No big TD passes the entire night, and Waters was pretty much contained. Can't say I was impressed with Auburn's offense, but the D played well overall.

Its easy to second guess after the game but after Trovon Reeds INT, Auburn was in a groove offensively and Gus started putting in Jeremy Johnson as a WR. It looked like a chinese fire drill because nobody seemed to know what Gus wanted to do. Why not just let Nick drive the team in for a TD? They had picked up about 3 or 4 consecutive 1st downs when Gus decided he'd get too cute by half and it back fired. I'm delighted to get the win but if we hadn't, it would have been lost on that drive where we got a FG instead of a TD and that would've been on Gus IMO

i just feel gus put jj just because...he said he would and didn't want to lie or let him down

Gus should've been doing that in the first half when Marshall was throwing like he was playing against the 2002 Bucs. Didn't cover the spread and almost lost the way he did it

when will there be a replay of the game? I had an emergency, and spent 4 hours in the ER with suffering a snake bite from a Copperhead. It was about 2 feet long, and bit me on my left leg. I was walking outdoors and stepped on the stupid thing. 1 serum treatment so far has been enough for me. This happened around 6:00 pm today. Man did this hurt.

It did not inject a lot of poison of which was greatly in my favor. If someone could tell me the replay time, I would greatly appreciate this!

Godspeed,

Doc

Get well Doc!

Anybody that has a problem with Nick, take it up with Gus...... Thought so

Man you're going to have to stop this or either heed your own advice, that's only fair. You can't be a hypocrite like this

It's not hypocritical, truth hurts huh? Like I said take it up with Gus, he's the coach

Guess we should shut the board down as apparently only Gus is allowed an opinion on AU football........

What a moron.

And u are a cross dressing wimp! It's obvious that if Gus had a problem with Nick being his qb, he would have changed starters by now! It's a team game, and if Gus feels Nick gives us the best chance to win, then so be it! If u don't like it, u had your opportunity to put in a resume to be AU's coach when they were looking for one

:roflol:

when will there be a replay of the game? I had an emergency, and spent 4 hours in the ER with suffering a snake bite from a Copperhead. It was about 2 feet long, and bit me on my left leg. I was walking outdoors and stepped on the stupid thing. 1 serum treatment so far has been enough for me. This happened around 6:00 pm today. Man did this hurt.

It did not inject a lot of poison of which was greatly in my favor. If someone could tell me the replay time, I would greatly appreciate this!

Godspeed,

Doc

Daaaamn. Good luck, man. That sounds rough. Quick recovery!

It sounds like you will be fine. War Eagle and God Bless!

That was their biggest game of the past decade and we just won because we were supposed to. Good road win against a legit top20 team.

Let's hope everyone else sees it this way. Defense played great at times. Too many third downs for them down the stretch we gave away. If pass rush was better, we put them under. SEC will sell out to stop the run

The pass rush was actually pretty good but our d line was getting mugged. There were a few plays were Gabe was just flagrantly pulled from behind. This was the worst officiated game I have seen in a while. That was bammer level holding tonight.

You're never going to let that one go are you WE6? :laugh:/> I thought Reed was going to get called for PI on two occasions. He was really aggressive and I liked that. Ford was all over the field making plays as well. Would be nice we can put together a complete performance on both sides but I think we'll get there.

Agreed^^ ironman and myself got blasted and ridiculed because we both felt treed would make an instant impact at corner this year. Now those same people are eating crow, the guy played good d tonite and so did frost. Either way, feels good to be 3-0 huh 83'? War eagle

Disappointed in three aspects of the game, 1) WRs dropping very catchable balls 2) OL not being able to win the LOS 3) Punt coverage. Otherwise, I felt like we played decent. The important thing is we got the W. I'll take it and hope everybody can take something away to make them better. #WDE

Major Concern is still the pass rush from our D line. Our rush offense will get better I hope, but our offensive line didn't even look like our offensive line tonight.... Also, one heck of a one sided game by the officials.

Overall, heck of a game from our linebackers and we got the win

Great job by the defense, especially stopping Waters from running. OL line play was terrible, they got whipped all night by much smaller and quicker DL of KSU. If not for their kicker's terrible night and the pass bouncing off of Lockett's chest we probably lose this one. But, a win is a win. We had a lot of close ones last year.

Guest jojo1515

Man you're going to have to stop this or either heed your own advice, that's only fair. You can't be a hypocrite like this

It's not hypocritical, truth hurts huh? Like I said take it up with Gus, he's the coach

Guess we should shut the board down as apparently only Gus is allowed an opinion on AU football........

What a moron.

And u are a cross dressing wimp! It's obvious that if Gus had a problem with Nick being his qb, he would have changed starters by now! It's a team game, and if Gus feels Nick gives us the best chance to win, then so be it! If u don't like it, u had your opportunity to put in a resume to be AU's coach when they were looking for one

And again you prove you are a moron lol. I never said anything about Marshall.

Does somebody represent 90% of this board

lmbo! exactly!

What a moron.

And again you prove you are a moron lol. I never said anything about Marshall.

That's what the convo was about before u put your 2cents in rupaul!

Archived