***Auburn vs. Kansas State Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

when will there be a replay of the game? I had an emergency, and spent 4 hours in the ER with suffering a snake bite from a Copperhead. It was about 2 feet long, and bit me on my left leg. I was walking outdoors and stepped on the stupid thing. 1 serum treatment so far has been enough for me. This happened around 6:00 pm today. Man did this hurt.

It did not inject a lot of poison of which was greatly in my favor. If someone could tell me the replay time, I would greatly appreciate this!

Godspeed,

Doc

Fair warning, watching the first half will be nearly as painful as the snakebite. :)/>

Seriously though, glad that turned out better than it could have been! Heal quickly!

Replay is at 0100 I think.

Had a friend find the business end of a baby copperhead a few years ago. He got a pretty good shot of juice in the strike to the tune of 4 vials of Crofab, which the hospital didn't start until he begged for it 5 hours after the bite.

FWIW, he has no ill effects from it. Took a couple of weeks for the swelling to go down, then it stayed tender for a month or so. Other than that, no long term effects. Sounds like you're already through the worst of it.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never seen a majority of posters on this website so spoiled with winning that you have to complain about a win on a Thursday night against a very good OOC team... Give it rest and take the win. Quit nitpicking every little fault and realize that we pulled out a very good win tonight against a very good opponent in Kansas State.

giphy.gif

This whole thread.

what were your overall thoughts about the game?

Defense played their best game in recent memory, despite missing key players.

Offense stepped up when they had to.

Both teams looked sloppy. K State likely played over their head, and we played under(obviously).

We will be fine. Or not. I choose the glass half full.

simpson_end_near.jpg

I know I'm looking for stuff here but Marshall had 4 drops, and had probably about 6 tipped passes tonight, probably 4 of which were at the line of scrimmage. Hit those drops, he's 20-31, those passes not tipped at line, good possibility Marshall completes 24-31 and doesn't have that interception. Our quarterback gutted out a win for us tonight ladies and gents. We did see some continued problems with Nick's overthrowing, but sure did hit the deep ball when needed most. Glad to be 3-0!!!

I know I'm looking for stuff here but Marshall had 4 drops, and had probably about 6 tipped passes tonight, probably 4 of which were at the line of scrimmage. Hit those drops, he's 20-31, those passes not tipped at line, good possibility Marshall completes 24-31 and doesn't have that interception. Our quarterback gutted out a win for us tonight ladies and gents. We did see some continued problems with Nick's overthrowing, but sure did hit the deep ball when needed most. Glad to be 3-0!!!

I believe he had 3 passes batted down at the LOS. One resulted in an interception. One pass that I know got tipped, would've hit Coates in stride.

Dropped passes and overthrows are the bane of his completion percentage this season. Fix the drops, and his completion percentage increases drastically. We were going deep tonight when I don't think we needed to. Short to intermediate passes in those situations would've worked better IMO. The offense felt panicky all night, they never looked composed or settled.

But I don't get paid the big bucks to make these calls, so whatever...just my couple pennies worth.

Its easy to second guess after the game but after Trovon Reeds INT, Auburn was in a groove offensively and Gus started putting in Jeremy Johnson as a WR. It looked like a chinese fire drill because nobody seemed to know what Gus wanted to do. Why not just let Nick drive the team in for a TD? They had picked up about 3 or 4 consecutive 1st downs when Gus decided he'd get too cute by half and it back fired. I'm delighted to get the win but if we hadn't, it would have been lost on that drive where we got a FG instead of a TD and that would've been on Gus IMO

I agree! :o/>

That was poor coaching. (Now we know it's possible for Gus to make a mistake). :(/>

I wanted to see Jeremy run a series at QB in the second or third quarter - including some rushes - to see if he could spark the offense. But I don't understand breaking the rhythm we had going at that time by getting cute. Nick played well.

But I don't know why our running game was stuffed so badly, especially up the middle. KSU was flying to the ball.

We've known Gus was not completely invincible I.e. Georgia last year, but would like to have seen him learn he can't run the clock all the way down in the fourth quarter with over ten minutes left. Lets teams back in game that way. We beat a top 20 team on the road tonight ladies and gents. This was a good win. Except for a couple missed deep balls, Marshall looked good; remember, we had to find a way, after playing sloppy the majority of the game, to beat unranked Miss. St. Last year at home in our third game of the season. Did it tonight on the road against a top 20 opponent. Yes, we would like to have blown them out but look at what we overcame tonight: lots and lots of no calls on holding and blocks in the back on K State, dropped and overthrown passes that were almost sure touchdowns, and made plays when we needed to in a hostile environment. Found a way to win; 3-0 my AU family!

The Good Guys beat a ranked team on the road. With their D. K-State's team and fans were fired up and salivating over the prospect of a huge upset over the big bad SEC's champ on national TV. It didn't happen. In a smash mouth game Auburn was the better and tougher team. This was a satisfying win. There was bound to come a game when the offense wouldn't run wild and we would have to rely on the D to step up and make the difference in a big win. This was that game. Second-guessing CGM or wringing hands over the modest output by the offense? Why?

I hate Palmer and Pollack. No credit to au. Just how they spotted us 19

Not sure about that. I could have swore I heard Palmer say something like "don't judge Auburn's offense by this one game."

I thought Marshall looked okay. Sure, there were a few overthrows, but there were several drops:

1 by Ricardo.

2 by Duke.

1 (or was it 2?) by Sammie.

That INT was a fluke because the ball went straight up after it bounced off the lineman's helmet. :(

That final pass (and catch) was CLUTCH though…as was the TD pass to Duke as well.

It is always good to win, especially on the road. Even more so on Thursday with the country watching.

It is not good to continue doing the something that isn't working over and over again (CAP up the middle). Change something.

Another thing, after the offense finally starts clicking, you run some wildcat crap with JJ in there.

The game was far from a total disaster, but if the goal is to get back to the title game, performances like last night aren't going to cut it.

They left 19, we left arguably 7 because even if Duke catches a wide open ball, he's slow as hell.

There's really no debating Kansas left more on the field.

Nope. They left 16 at the most. And I'll note that two of the FG misses were 41 and 42 yards. It's not like they were all chip shots.

We left about 14 on the field, possibly more when you consider that 2 or 3 drives were stalled because guys dropped passes that would have gotten first downs.

And they second you said Duke is "slow as hell" I knew exactly the level of respect and seriousness with which to take your thoughts on the matter. It wouldn't fill a thimble.

Wild stat of the night....that was Auburns first road win over a ranked opponent since 1984 v/s FSU.

CORRECTION: Out of conference road win over ranked opponent.

Let's face it. If their kicker wasn't an absolute dumpster fire, we probably lose.

Yep^^

Bull sheet. We left several Td's on the field. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, whatfrickinever. They make the fg's we call a different game. Probably lose, my ass.

They left 19, we left arguably 7 because even if Duke catches a wide open ball, he's slow as hell.

How is a qb missing an open touchdown pass different than a kicker missing fg's? Nick did good overall, but missed Sammie on the bomb at least 2 and probably three times. Not to mention other drive killing drops. Like I said, bull sheet. Go like half witted announcer butts if you must.

Not to mention, again, that we call a different game if they hit on some of their plays. Second guessing idiots are just that. We beat a top 20 opponent who is a traditional conference force on the road. Get over it. It's a very good win.

What are you even talking about? You basically agreed with me, KSU completely left the game on the field.

Let's face it. If their kicker wasn't an absolute dumpster fire, we probably lose.

Yep^^

Bull sheet. We left several Td's on the field. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, whatfrickinever. They make the fg's we call a different game. Probably lose, my ass.

How is a qb missing an open touchdown pass different than a kicker missing fg's? Nick did good overall, but missed Sammie on the bomb at least 2 and probably three times. Not to mention other drive killing drops. Like I said, bull sheet. Go like half witted announcer butts if you must.

Not to mention, again, that we call a different game if they hit on some of their plays. Second guessing idiots are just that. We beat a top 20 opponent who is a traditional conference force on the road. Get over it. It's a very good win.

What are you even talking about? You basically agreed with me, KSU completely left the game on the field.

You don't read so good.

He didn't basically do anything other than counterpoint every argument you made.

The root of our offensive issues last night (other than the dropped passes) was the offensive line. KSU was using some differently shifts and slants with their line and linebackers, but our line was just off. From Young and Slade missing blocks in the run game, to Young and Miller not engaging and keeping the Dline's hands down on three step drops. We are starting to feel the loss of Kozan, and that unit needs to make a big step forward during these extra days of practice.

Also, want to give some credit to Carlson for making the field goals he did in that weird wind, and to Sheil for getting off the kick on the snap that was off a bit, after he mishandled it, getting that kick away was huge at that point in the game.

Highlight of the game for me was the play of Reed and Ruffin (#19). Frost played well, but he ought to by now. Reed was our best cover corner at the end of the game, and Ruffin seemed to be around the ball a lot in the second half as well.

There is a reason teams don't like to schedule other ranked teams on the road on a Thursday night.

It is always good to win, especially on the road. Even more so on Thursday with the country watching.

It is not good to continue doing the something that isn't working over and over again (CAP up the middle). Change something.

Another thing, after the offense finally starts clicking, you run some wildcat crap with JJ in there.

The game was far from a total disaster, but if the goal is to get back to the title game, performances like last night aren't going to cut it.

that's what i was saying...cam up the middle over and over,same happened in the NC with tre..

Can't help but think that if the refs had called a few holding penalties on KState, our Dline would have been able to get to Waters. Never seen our guys get mugged like that.

NC ring a bell?

On one hand, we shouldn't ever take competing and winning for granted... not after 2012.

On the other hand, whether you win or lose isn't the end-all-be-all when trying to evaluate your team. The infamous 3-2 win over Miss St was correctly interpreted by many as a bad omen for the 2008 season, but some wanted to just focus on the fact that we won (against a truly awful team). After last night's win my gut tells me this is a flawed Auburn team. It's going to be another chapter in Gus' epic story if he is able to work out or around those flaws and field a championship team going forward.

If Gus wants my opinion, he may need to consider committing more sincerely to the pass, and then let that open up the run. I'm not sure this team can impose it's will on the ground like last year, but I'm pretty sure it could be just as potent if it took another step forward in the passing game.

I also wonder how much the history of NM and nearly going to K-State played into his first half play.

Archived