***Auburn vs. Kansas State Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

Well, we were almost snake-bit tonight. Thanks for taking one for the team, doc. In all seriousness, I am glad you are okay!!! Scary!!!

It wasn't pretty, but we won. Other teams will use this game to try and stop us. We either need to correct some things or change some things completely. I trust Gus to figure that out.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look, no matter how you slice it, the D gave up only 285 total yards and 40 yards rushing. That was 200 yards rushing UNDER Kansas State's average. The QB who is normally a big threat to run was well contained all night. There is simply no ground whatsoever to be criticizing them in this game.

Don't dare try to stop the idiocy. We shoulda lost, lol.

Defense looked stout. Not sure what the deal is with the run game, is it the lack of greg robinson or CAP and I'm leaning towards CaP.

I think it had more to do with the oline. Hard for CAP to do anything when he gets hit at or behind the LOS.

We needed a game like this. We will be better because of this. Gus said it post game

Agree. If we thought Gus was a perfectionist before...man he's going to be living in his office after this one. He knows the road is only going to get tougher. He's going to expect more from not only the team but himself.

Well, we were almost snake-bit tonight. Thanks for taking one for the team, doc. In all seriousness, I am glad you are okay!!! Scary!!!

It wasn't pretty, but we won. Other teams will use this game to try and stop us. We either need to correct some things or change some things completely. I trust Gus to figure that out.

I like that we struggled and still won. Gus and company can see what K-State did that might've been unique and adjust to it. It's better we had a game like this heading back into conference play than just destroying everyone. We realize we aren't invincible and have plenty to improve on. War Eagle!

Anybody that has a problem with Nick, take it up with Gus...... Thought so

Man you're going to have to stop this or either heed your own advice, that's only fair. You can't be a hypocrite like this

It's not hypocritical, truth hurts huh? Like I said take it up with Gus, he's the coach

Guess we should shut the board down as apparently only Gus is allowed an opinion on AU football........

What a moron.

And u are a cross dressing wimp! It's obvious that if Gus had a problem with Nick being his qb, he would have changed starters by now! It's a team game, and if Gus feels Nick gives us the best chance to win, then so be it! If u don't like it, u had your opportunity to put in a resume to be AU's coach when they were looking for one

And again you prove you are a moron lol. I never said anything about Marshall.

That's what the convo was about before u put your 2cents in rupaul!

Calling someone Rupaul while you're in the middle of a hissy fit is very moron-like. I was responding to you telling people on a message board to stop posting their opinions. Again, very moron-like. You may be a very smart person, I have no idea; but telling people on a message board to take it up with the coach ( knowing they can't just call the coach and have a "convo") is very moronic.

No it's not! That's your opinion, and I Guarantee u, moron would only be said one time and one time only if u knew me! Which u don't. So consider yourself lucky. Show me where I said stop posting comments on a message board, ms Paul!

Ok, when you say take it up with Gus, you don't mean stop posting it here? You said it multiple times. Surely you didn't mean to say continue posting your opinions on a message board, did you? You are too funny. You're actually twisting your own words lol.

EDIT: did you actually respond "no it's not! That's your opinion" in response to it being moron-like to call someone Rupaul when you're in the middle of a hissy fit?

I think we are done here.

your doing the twisting of words dude! It's obvious you don't understand English

guys how long are we gonna keep using the "this game is actually good for us" line? better not be one player in that locker room thinkin about the playoff..one game at a time

Man you're going to have to stop this or either heed your own advice, that's only fair. You can't be a hypocrite like this

It's not hypocritical, truth hurts huh? Like I said take it up with Gus, he's the coach

Guess we should shut the board down as apparently only Gus is allowed an opinion on AU football........

What a moron.

And u are a cross dressing wimp! It's obvious that if Gus had a problem with Nick being his qb, he would have changed starters by now! It's a team game, and if Gus feels Nick gives us the best chance to win, then so be it! If u don't like it, u had your opportunity to put in a resume to be AU's coach when they were looking for one

rolling laughing!

You're enjoying this way too much WFE. haha

Anyone remember Kentucky in 2010? Or even Washington State or LSU last year? Hell, except for FSU last season every other National Champion has a game like this. We won......3-0.

I proposed this question in the chat and I ask again...What would we be without Duke?

Probably a 1 loss team at this point. Still think we beat Arky.

Let's face it. If their kicker wasn't an absolute dumpster fire, we probably lose.

I did not realize Cade Foster transferred. Good to see him land somewhere.

What a moron.

rolling laughing!

You're enjoying this way too much WFE. haha

lol that guy is always goin off on somebody

when will there be a replay of the game? I had an emergency, and spent 4 hours in the ER with suffering a snake bite from a Copperhead. It was about 2 feet long, and bit me on my left leg. I was walking outdoors and stepped on the stupid thing. 1 serum treatment so far has been enough for me. This happened around 6:00 pm today. Man did this hurt.

It did not inject a lot of poison of which was greatly in my favor. If someone could tell me the replay time, I would greatly appreciate this!

Godspeed,

Doc

Fair warning, watching the first half will be nearly as painful as the snakebite. :)

Seriously though, glad that turned out better than it could have been! Heal quickly!

guess it's safe to say that jay jacobs won't schedule another thursday game >_>

You don't schedule a Thursday game. You schedule a game then a not so highl influential opponent, like say ksu or miss st turns it into a Thursday night game.

Let's face it. If their kicker wasn't an absolute dumpster fire, we probably lose.

x2.

Xlol. You folks are funny. I mean damn funny.

Enjoy comedy hour.

Yep^^

Bull sheet. We left several Td's on the field. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, whatfrickinever. They make the fg's we call a different game. Probably lose, my ass.

They left 19, we left arguably 7 because even if Duke catches a wide open ball, he's slow as hell.

There's really no debating Kansas left more on the field.

Pro: Auburn grit Con: Refs(And I hate to call out REFS, but it was obvious)

0 penalties on KS no way. Missed blocks in the back on punt returns and missed holding on their Oline.

^^^This. Let's also not forget stopping the game at least twice to recharge a couple of K State player..., I mean review the call. Kid that was gassed in that play caught a TD pass if memory serves. Not starting the clock after that review. Then there was that offsetting penalty manure.

I was watching this gale with a couple of Bama fans among out AU crowd. Even they were steaming about the officiating crew. By far the worst I've ever seen. It'll never happen, but I'd love to see the SEC as a whole stay away from Big 12 road games. That was pure horse manure.

Look, no matter how you slice it, the D gave up only 285 total yards and 40 yards rushing. That was 200 yards rushing UNDER Kansas State's average. The QB who is normally a big threat to run was well contained all night. There is simply no ground whatsoever to be criticizing them in this game.

Amen. I'll take that every outing from them. I'll take it. If the offense is clicking...that's golden.

Yep^^

Bull sheet. We left several Td's on the field. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, whatfrickinever. They make the fg's we call a different game. Probably lose, my ass.

They left 19, we left arguably 7 because even if Duke catches a wide open ball, he's slow as hell.

How is a qb missing an open touchdown pass different than a kicker missing fg's? Nick did good overall, but missed Sammie on the bomb at least 2 and probably three times. Not to mention other drive killing drops. Like I said, bull sheet. Go like half witted announcer butts if you must.

Not to mention, again, that we call a different game if they hit on some of their plays. Second guessing idiots are just that. We beat a top 20 opponent who is a traditional conference force on the road. Get over it. It's a very good win.

Yep^^

Yeah Duke isn't slow as hell. Nice try. Try again next time.

Archived