***Auburn vs. Kansas State Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

Its easy to second guess after the game but after Trovon Reeds INT, Auburn was in a groove offensively and Gus started putting in Jeremy Johnson as a WR. It looked like a chinese fire drill because nobody seemed to know what Gus wanted to do. Why not just let Nick drive the team in for a TD? They had picked up about 3 or 4 consecutive 1st downs when Gus decided he'd get too cute by half and it back fired. I'm delighted to get the win but if we hadn't, it would have been lost on that drive where we got a FG instead of a TD and that would've been on Gus IMO

I agree! :o

That was poor coaching. (Now we know it's possible for Gus to make a mistake). :(

I wanted to see Jeremy run a series at QB in the second or third quarter - including some rushes - to see if he could spark the offense. But I don't understand breaking the rhythm we had going at that time by getting cute. Nick played well.

But I don't know why our running game was stuffed so badly, especially up the middle. KSU was flying to the ball.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I proposed this question in the chat and I ask again...What would we be without Duke?

We would have been beat tonight, that's what we would be.

I'm still amazed we won a game without him last year. Lol.

Guest jojo1515

On the bright side, our expectations are now so high that we argue about how poorly we played in a win over a top 20 on the road on a Thursday night. Things could definitely be much worse! Glad we have Gus and not Bobby P right now ;)/>

Very happy to get the heck out there with a win. We got a lot of breaks/gifts from K.State. A ton of credit goes to the defense! Frost, Reed and Ford had a good game. Oline has to run block better and the drops from the WRs are driving me crazy. Sammie just didn't look like himself out there tonight. I wonder how hurt he really is. Lots of work to do on both sides. We have a very tough road ahead of us.

his hands were'nt hurt

That's true. Not trying to excuse his mistakes. It just really did look like he wasn't right all night. Idk if it was injury, rust or his head. Just saying early on he didn't look right.

Anybody that has a problem with Nick, take it up with Gus...... Thought so

Man you're going to have to stop this or either heed your own advice, that's only fair. You can't be a hypocrite like this

It's not hypocritical, truth hurts huh? Like I said take it up with Gus, he's the coach

Guess we should shut the board down as apparently only Gus is allowed an opinion on AU football........

What a moron.

And u are a cross dressing wimp! It's obvious that if Gus had a problem with Nick being his qb, he would have changed starters by now! It's a team game, and if Gus feels Nick gives us the best chance to win, then so be it! If u don't like it, u had your opportunity to put in a resume to be AU's coach when they were looking for one

And again you prove you are a moron lol. I never said anything about Marshall.

That's what the convo was about before u put your 2cents in rupaul!

Calling someone Rupaul while you're in the middle of a hissy fit is very moron-like. I was responding to you telling people on a message board to stop posting their opinions. Again, very moron-like. You may be a very smart person, I have no idea; but telling people on a message board to take it up with the coach ( knowing they can't just call the coach and have a "convo") is very moronic.

No it's not! That's your opinion, and I Guarantee u, moron would only be said one time and one time only if u knew me! Which u don't. So consider yourself lucky. Show me where I said stop posting comments on a message board, ms Paul!

when will there be a replay of the game? I had an emergency, and spent 4 hours in the ER with suffering a snake bite from a Copperhead. It was about 2 feet long, and bit me on my left leg. I was walking outdoors and stepped on the stupid thing. 1 serum treatment so far has been enough for me. This happened around 6:00 pm today. Man did this hurt.

It did not inject a lot of poison of which was greatly in my favor. If someone could tell me the replay time, I would greatly appreciate this!

Godspeed,

Doc

What kind of shoes were you wearing and how high on your leg did he bite? I'll pm you with some more questions later.

Its easy to second guess after the game but after Trovon Reeds INT, Auburn was in a groove offensively and Gus started putting in Jeremy Johnson as a WR. It looked like a chinese fire drill because nobody seemed to know what Gus wanted to do. Why not just let Nick drive the team in for a TD? They had picked up about 3 or 4 consecutive 1st downs when Gus decided he'd get too cute by half and it back fired. I'm delighted to get the win but if we hadn't, it would have been lost on that drive where we got a FG instead of a TD and that would've been on Gus IMO

I agree! :o/>

That was poor coaching. (Now we know it's possible for Gus to make a mistake). :(/>

I wanted to see Jeremy run a series at QB in the second or third quarter - including some rushes - to see if he could spark the offense. But I don't understand breaking the rhythm we had going at that time by getting cute. Nick played well.

Once again, Gus proved he isn't perfect. On the flip side , whoever called the double move by Duke on the last big play is a geen-yus. :)

Good to win. Defense played the pass well, like to see interceptions, almost had another. Gabe Wright got mugged all night as did the rest of the D Line and linebackers. Really NO calls o n them from Refs?

He sure did. Why is it that our defense NEVER gets held? Amazes me how much opponents hold our Dline and get away with it. I not one to bring up or blame refs but it just keeps going on and is so blatant.

Anyone that says nick threw poorly needs to re watch that game. Finished 17-31 with at least 4 drops. Very impressed with how he threw the ball

LOL

Not sure what you are laughing at. There were a couple of bad balls but overall Nick did really well.

He definitely had some dropped balls by the wideouts but perhaps we differ in what the term "really well" means. Nick made numerous wrong reads to go along with his bad throws.

I said he threw it well. Didn't say his zone reads went well

Sure seemed to me like he was missing a lot of reads.

Good to win. Defense played the pass well, like to see interceptions, almost had another. Gabe Wright got mugged all night as did the rest of the D Line and linebackers. Really NO calls on them from Refs?

He sure did. Why is it that our defense NEVER gets held? Amazes me how much opponents hold our Dline and get away with it. I not one to bring up or blame refs but it just keeps going on and is so blatant.

Yep

Guest jojo1515

Man you're going to have to stop this or either heed your own advice, that's only fair. You can't be a hypocrite like this

It's not hypocritical, truth hurts huh? Like I said take it up with Gus, he's the coach

Guess we should shut the board down as apparently only Gus is allowed an opinion on AU football........

What a moron.

And u are a cross dressing wimp! It's obvious that if Gus had a problem with Nick being his qb, he would have changed starters by now! It's a team game, and if Gus feels Nick gives us the best chance to win, then so be it! If u don't like it, u had your opportunity to put in a resume to be AU's coach when they were looking for one

Calling someone Rupaul while you're in the middle of a hissy fit is very moron-like. I was responding to you telling people on a message board to stop posting their opinions. Again, very moron-like. You may be a very smart person, I have no idea; but telling people on a message board to take it up with the coach ( knowing they can't just call the coach and have a "convo") is very moronic.

No it's not! That's your opinion, and I Guarantee u, moron would only be said one time and one time only if u knew me! Which u don't. So consider yourself lucky. Show me where I said stop posting comments on a message board, ms Paul!

Ok, when you say take it up with Gus, you don't mean stop posting it here? You said it multiple times. Surely you didn't mean to say continue posting your opinions on a message board, did you? You are too funny. You're actually twisting your own words lol.

EDIT: did you actually respond "no it's not! That's your opinion" in response to it being moron-like to call someone Rupaul when you're in the middle of a hissy fit?

I think we are done here.

Bad game, the Big 12 refs really want to help their teams win. Really.

Horrible passing in the game early on. No push in the middle. Bad game.

mmmkay. Beat a major conference ranked opponent on the road and it's a bad game. I wish we had a bad game every week.

We had an off night. I don't think very many players played to their capabities tonight. For those touting the D, if they make 3 easy fgs and catch a very easy-uncovered td pass, they score 30 and the D is being blasted as terrible. We aren't as bad as we played, though; we just had an off night all the way around. Luckily our athleticism overcame a sloppy game. The D did look better overall, but I'll reserve calling them great until they don't luck their way into not giving up 30 points. I think jones is still trying to find his receiver to cover.....

Well stated. That's pretty much the way I feel.

I almost feel sorry for the KSU players. It's got to hurt knowing you left enough points on the table to win. The better team won, but I'm not sure we earned it as much as it was handed to us.

What a moron.

Ok, when you say take it up with Gus, you don't mean stop posting it here? You said it multiple times. Surely you didn't mean to say continue posting your opinions on a message board, did you? You are too funny. You're actually twisting your own words lol.

You two seriously need to get a room and get this over with.

Good to win. Defense played the pass well, like to see interceptions, almost had another. Gabe Wright got mugged all night as did the rest of the D Line and linebackers. Really NO calls on them from Refs?

I like the one where we are on offense. Holding gets called, ref says on DEfense, no number is called and we lose a big gain.

I hate Palmer and Pollack. No credit to au. Just how they spotted us 19

I actually agree with them. We looked bad on both sides of the line. DL could not get pressure with 4. OL looked bad in run blocking. We might miss Robinson + Prosch + Kozan more than we thought we would.

I hate Palmer and Pollack. No credit to au. Just how they spotted us 19

I actually agree with them. We looked bad on both sides of the line. DL could not get pressure with 4. OL looked bad in run blocking. We might miss Robinson + Prosch + Kozan more than we thought we would.

Yes,, but that is the life of a top ranked team. You have to replace awesome players and there are growing pains. Tonight, we grew.

We had an off night. I don't think very many players played to their capabities tonight. For those touting the D, if they make 3 easy fgs and catch a very easy-uncovered td pass, they score 30 and the D is being blasted as terrible. We aren't as bad as we played, though; we just had an off night all the way around. Luckily our athleticism overcame a sloppy game. The D did look better overall, but I'll reserve calling them great until they don't luck their way into not giving up 30 points. I think jones is still trying to find his receiver to cover.....

But the fact that our D is giving up FGs rather than TDs is a big win for the defense considering how we've been previous seasons on defense. The major problem tonight was the unexpected play of the offense not being able to execute. Honestly i'll take that from our defense any day of the week knowing we don't have any pass rushers and our DB play can often be suspect. I def. don't think anyone is calling them great but it's a step in the right direction I've been looking for esp. from the secondary.

I agree! :o/>

That was poor coaching. (Now we know it's possible for Gus to make a mistake). :(/>

Once again, Gus proved he isn't perfect. On the flip side , whoever called the double move by Duke on the last big play is a geen-yus. :)

I think Coach Craig brought it to Gus' attention. Really enjoyed hearing him talk about the receivers on the post-game show. He seems to know when to push buttons and when to leave guys alone.

Look, no matter how you slice it, the D gave up only 285 total yards and 40 yards rushing. That was 200 yards rushing UNDER Kansas State's average. The QB who is normally a big threat to run was well contained all night. There is simply no ground whatsoever to be criticizing them in this game.

Somebody needs to eat crow about treed!! U know who u are, own it

You're never going to let that one go are you WE6? :laugh:/> I thought Reed was going to get called for PI on two occasions. He was really aggressive and I liked that. Ford was all over the field making plays as well. Would be nice we can put together a complete performance on both sides but I think we'll get there.

Agreed^^ ironman and myself got blasted and ridiculed because we both felt treed would make an instant impact at corner this year. Now those same people are eating crow, the guy played good d tonite and so did frost. Either way, feels good to be 3-0 huh 83'? War eagle

Understand you bro. I've been on that end before. But yes sir i'll take that win. I'm still trying to calm my nerves down.

Couple observations from the game

1. If Kris Frost keeps playing like this, he might leave for the NFL after the season

2. Holsey is one of the best tacklers on the team

3. Oline play was below average

4. Marshall is inconsistent in throwing the ball but can be very good at it

5. Trovon Reed really stepped it up today

6. The receivers had a few drops but overall they're looking solid with the exception of Coates who has been nonexistent thus far.

7. Special teams has to be better at covering kickoffs and punts

8. Malzahn, please don't run the wildcat anymore

Archived