***Auburn vs. Kansas State Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

Anyone that says nick threw poorly needs to re watch that game. Finished 17-31 with at least 4 drops. Very impressed with how he threw the ball

LOL

Between Coates, louis, and Duke there were five drops for sure including a probable touchdown by Duke. That was my biggest disappointment from tonight.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IT AIN'T EASY BEING AN AUBURN FAN!!!! I'm too old for this kind of stuff. Great job by the D. We have to get a lot better than we played tonight but I have to tip my hat to Bill Snyder. They hung tough all night. So glad we came out with a win. :happydance:

A win is a win. Top 20 opponent on the road. I'm happy I was wrong about our losing this one by a point. Lockett holds on to that 1st half TD in his hands with (interceptor) Jones trailing by 5 yards and it's a 21-20 final? Probably not, we ran clock out in field goal range. Duke dropped a TD pass too. Great game experience for many freshman! Depth is a very good thing when we get into October. War Damn Eagle!

Anyone that says nick threw poorly needs to re watch that game. Finished 17-31 with at least 4 drops. Very impressed with how he threw the ball

LOL

Not sure what you are laughing at. There were a couple of bad balls but overall Nick did really well.

I think their were at least 6 drops one a sure TD,,,

Exactly.

There were several dropped passes, and we had 3 balls batted at the line which can at least partially be blamed on poor o-line play. Nick wasn't an all-American passer, but he showed that he can throw, especially in the clutch. I seriously doubt the run game will struggle like that again, but the most troubling thing for me was o-line play. That is supposed to be a strength, but they didn't look very good at all

Thankful and glad for the win. May not have come like we wanted, but may be what we needed for the long haul.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!

Anybody that has a problem with Nick, take it up with Gus...... Thought so

Man you're going to have to stop this or either heed your own advice, that's only fair. You can't be a hypocrite like this

Very happy to get the heck out of there with a win. We got a lot of breaks/gifts from K.State. A ton of credit goes to the defense! Frost, Reed and Ford had a good game. Oline has to run block better and the drops from the WRs are driving me crazy. Sammie just didn't look like himself out there tonight. I wonder how hurt he really is. Lots of work to do on both sides. We have a very tough road ahead of us.

D was the game MVP

Definitely gets a share of the MVP. They had to fight both KSU and the Big 12 refs!

Pro: Auburn grit Con: Refs(And I hate to call out REFS, but it was obvious)

Right. Auburn should have been called on a couple more PI.

Never fails, you always have to make a negative comment towards Auburn. Auburn fans dont go out of their way to insult their own team like you do. Fans of other teams do that. You are a loser. Go cheer for bama. We wont miss you.

Anybody that has a problem with Nick, take it up with Gus...... Thought so

Man you're going to have to stop this or either heed your own advice, that's only fair. You can't be a hypocrite like this

It's not hypocritical, truth hurts huh? Like I said take it up with Gus, he's the coach

Its easy to second guess after the game but after Trovon Reeds INT, Auburn was in a groove offensively and Gus started putting in Jeremy Johnson as a WR. It looked like a chinese fire drill because nobody seemed to know what Gus wanted to do. Why not just let Nick drive the team in for a TD? They had picked up about 3 or 4 consecutive 1st downs when Gus decided he'd get too cute by half and it back fired. I'm delighted to get the win but if we hadn't, it would have been lost on that drive where we got a FG instead of a TD and that would've been on Gus IMO

I never dreamed we would ever see our offense struggle like that under Gus Malzahn. Kansas State played a great game and deserves a lot of credit. We escaped with a win ON THE ROAD and now we have a game film to team and learn from. On to Louisiana Tech

WELL put. Amen, and amen again. I believe there is a reason why tonight went the way it did besides the literal hits and misses. We need to know our vulnerabilities, and we need to be careful with dismissing lesser-ranked teams...maybe even half-size stadiums.

:big:

LOL

Not sure what you are laughing at. There were a couple of bad balls but overall Nick did really well.

He definitely had some dropped balls by the wideouts but perhaps we differ in what the term "really well" means. Nick made numerous wrong reads to go along with his bad throws.

Archived