***Auburn vs. Mississippi State Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

Terrible with the turnovers. We need to regroup during the off week and try to fight our way into the playoff. I think MSU will win the west and get their first SEC title if they can beat Bammer. Ole Miss can't stay with them and I don't see anyone in the east that would have a chance.

Not sure if I'd count Johnny reb out yet - I wanna see what they do tonight in the week after.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We did not play well. State also had 4 turnovers but penalties hurt us. We lost one last year and still got there -same can (will) happen this year. Like a poster stated earlier, with our schedule, if we win out we stand a chance to make the playoffs. But after State loses two "surprise" games, we then win the West. It all starts in two weeks when we beat SCar.

War Eagle!

EMBARRASS SCar. (Can't strikeout and fify on iPhone)

Terrible with the turnovers. We need to regroup during the off week and try to fight our way into the playoff. I think MSU will win the west and get their first SEC title if they can beat Bammer. Ole Miss can't stay with them and I don't see anyone in the east that would have a chance.

Kentucky/UGA is the class of the east. WOuldn't be something if it's UK/MSU for the conference. The last time a non big 6 won the conference was what, 1962?

This is the SEC. Dare I say, hope the crimson necks beat msu dare I say, hope pigs win.. We Win out and ole miss wins the egg bowl and we can move on. Remember we just need top four

Kentucky/UGA is the class of the east. WOuldn't be something if it's UK/MSU for the conference. The last time a non big 6 won the conference was what, 1962?

MSU hasn't since 58

MSU hasn't since 58

Actually, MSU's only conference title was an SEC title in '41 O.O

That wasn't 13 seconds better! I gotta laugh to keep from crying. Tough loss to a good team that overcame mistakes. The road is definitely tough from here on out. We are not out of the West race or the playoffs, but we have to be way more than 13 seconds better than today. Seniors need to step up and everybody needs to play close to perfect the rest of the season. War Eagle always.

It's growing pains for Gus right now. Snapping the ball to a running back always works when you can run the ball. Snapping it to a running back doesn't always work when you need to throw the ball. Putting in an actual QB might be a better option sometimes.

I was the ONLY person in the ENTIRE score prediction thread to pick MSU. I was mocked.

With that said, I think we will get better because of this game. I was impressed with how we never went away, no matter how ugly it looked.

how many times are you going to tell us? You want a cookie?

This is the SEC. Dare I say, hope the crimson necks beat msu dare I say, hope pigs win.. We Win out and ole miss wins the egg bowl and we can move on. Remember we just need top four

We don't know who the playoff committee will choose for the four team playoff. They won't be taking the top four in a ranking system that means absolutely nothing. We have to win out and win convincingly from here on out if we have a chance for consideration by the comittee.

Disappointed but MSU deserved it. They are a Cinderella type team this season and may just win the West. At least it looks that way at the moment.

Congrats to them.

I know this has already been discussed ad nauseum, but boy would it be nice to have more speed at linebacker.

I dont know that its speed as much as being constantly out of position and taking bad angles.

I'm rooting for Arky now so bammers won't be able to say too much.

Can't believe I'm having to go for the hogs oi :sad2:

It's growing pains for Gus right now. Snapping the ball to a running back always works when you can run the ball. Snapping it to a running back doesn't always work when you need to throw the ball. Putting in an actual QB might be a better option sometimes.

Were you calling Nick a RB last season when he helped lead us to the BCSNC?

I think we learned a lot about Auburn's offense in this game, particularly the run game. The K-State game was no fluke.

what are you talking about? we ran well over 200 yrds against a stiff defense on the road

I generally loathe people that blame referees for any athletic competition, but something was strangely amiss today. As closely as I've followed college football over the years, I'm not sure if I've ever witnessed officiating like that. I know it won't get any publicity or anything, but it's really disheartening. Our players made a heap of mistakes, but the kids work their butts off seven days a week. And I can't imagine the feeling of trying to overcome a deficit against both another football team and the officials.

Regardless, the high road is okay with me. At least it's better than having to rely on extra help to win a big game.

And good luck to Miss State. But unfortunately, karma's a bitch.

I'm rooting for Arky now so bammers won't be able to say too much.

Can't believe I'm having to go for the hogs oi :sad2:/>

They will get their asses kicked by the Dawgs in a couple of weeks.

We don't know who the playoff committee will choose for the four team playoff. They won't be taking the top four in a ranking system that means absolutely nothing. We have to win out and win convincingly from here on out if we have a chance for consideration by the comittee.

Ole Miss and Alabama better keep winning or Auburn has no shot at the playoffs.

Were you calling Nick a RB last season when he helped lead us to the BCSNC?

I was sometimes. He reminds me of the guys wisky used on LSU until he got hurt. he's so athletic it's awesome when u can option. When you have to throw late, it's nerve wrecking. I like Nick, but you just need a guy who can complete passes at qb, regardless of dual threat skills. BTW, Nick would start for me against USCe

I was the ONLY person in the ENTIRE score prediction thread to pick MSU. I was mocked.

With that said, I think we will get better because of this game. I was impressed with how we never went away, no matter how ugly it looked.

You already made this comment in the game thread James. Kudos to you for picking Auburn to lose the game. And the next time you step out on a limb again and pick us to lose, guess what..... You will be MOCKED.

Go out on a limb?? I'm just objective. I thought going into the game MSU was a very good team with a heisman candidate at QB, with a ton of momentum playing at home. So I picked them to win. THAT is going out on a limb??

And before you call me a negative Nancy, right now I would pick us to win every game we have left on the schedule, with MISS the only one I have some doubts about.

Archived