Phil Robertson "I'd clean out more bureaucracies than I shoot ducks"

cooltigger21

Admire Phil, or his nephew, Zach? Their both weird caricatures of conservative republicans. I find it funny that Zach thinks the expression "yolo" leads youth to atheism. And by "funny," I mean pathetic.

Respect Phil's determination, tenacity, or some might say 'courage', in standing by his beliefs and not compromising his principles? That I can do.

Admire or agree with all his beliefs? Not so much.

I disagree with many of his views, but it is my impression that he is sincere and honest in those beliefs, with no hidden agendas, ulterior motives, intentional meanness, or duplicity. While we have different concepts of sin, he does strike me as someone who sincerely practices the philosophy of "love the sinner, hate the sin", as opposed to many self-proclaimed "Christians" who seem to "hate the sinner". But those are merely my impressions, having never met the man personally.

In any case he is certainly entitled to his beliefs, and I respect that right even if my beliefs differ.

Respect Phil's determination, tenacity, or some might say 'courage', in standing by his beliefs and not compromising his principles? That I can do.

Admire or agree with all his beliefs? Not so much.

I disagree with many of his views, but it is my impression that he is sincere and honest in those beliefs, with no hidden agendas, ulterior motives, intentional meanness, or duplicity. While we have different concepts of sin, he does strike me as someone who sincerely practices the philosophy of "love the sinner, hate the sin", as opposed to many self-proclaimed "Christians" who seem to "hate the sinner". But those are merely my impressions, having never met the man personally.

In any case he is certainly entitled to his beliefs, and I respect that right even if my beliefs differ.

I hear you buddy. I don't demand that anyone agree with me. I hope to persuade them that I am correct. If I can't do that then I say ok good debate and no hard feelings. I can disagree with someone and respect them. We are to love everyone and I wish for everyone to be saved and to not be left behind. I hate no man. I can't respect some people for different reasons but I don't hate them. We're all good Auburn men and women here. I live by the rule which says I may not like or agree with what you say but I will defend your right to have that opinion and to express it.

Archived