Borges to Oregon?

CShine

I know Borges is from the west coast and all but from what I have seen of him he really likes it here in Auburn. I really dont see him leaving Auburn for another OC spot, but stranger things have happened. I will say one thing if he does decide to leave I live close enough to Auburn I will go take the U-Haul keys and hide them. :D:lol:

That would suck ass. But why would he leave Auburn. He loves it here - and keeps talking about how great it is. I can understand if it were a HC job, but its just another OC position in the "Pac 10." Who wants to go there. When Pete Carrol leaves, the conference will be back to its crappy self it already is - people will just realize it once again.

NOT going to happen.

Wishful thinking on Oregon's part. CTT brought Borges here to stay for a while. He won't go against that. Besides, Borges signed a 2 year deal and he has a raise coming.

He LOVES it in Auburn.

i bet he honors hiz agreement with Auburn. And will ultimately be given (read: "earn") a shot at a HCing job. It's obvious to me. Really don't see him leaving after the first year.

i think he will also spend some time in the NFL.

Borges is loyal to CTT. He took a big step at a crutial time hiring Borges and Borges knows how Tubs whent out on a limb for him. He won't leave unless it's a decent HC job somewhere.

Borges has come from the out house to the Pent house in 1 season. From what I've read, he really has become taken w/ Auburn and the South. Sure, going 12-0 will make your job better , no matter where you go ,but he's traveled around the SEC some and realizes just big football is in these parts.

If he can work miracles w/ JC in just one spring, imagine what Brandon and the other QB's will do.

Staying would be Borges' best bet.

Lets see....

It is contract time again....

THere are rumors of others wanting you...

Might make your employer more anxious to keep you...

Might make them offer more money...

HHHHMMMM...

Could this be just a normal happenstance of a contract with Borges getting ready for a new contract?

Wonder if his agent knows anyone at SI?

Yeah, this is kind of funny...in less than a year it's like how stupid of CTT for hiring such a no-name guy like Borges to now Borges is so good he's leaving for "greener pastures". The SEC IS college football. Borges knows that now.

Guest Tigrinum Major
I dont see how Al leaves for anything short of a HC job.

131584[/snapback]

BG, I am just glad to not see that big picture of LSU on your signature!

I agree. Borges is here until a head job comes around, which I hope is about ten years from now...

Hey, we all have dreams.

He's not going anywhere. I'll tell you this though. If he is able to recreate this offense again next season with all the personnel changes, he can start looking at HC jobs. A true test awaits him. If Auburn returns to the SEC Championship with, say, a 10-1 or 9-2, then you can get ready to hear the drum beat. And if we somehow repeat 11-0, then you can bet he's going to get a job.

Yeah, this is kind of funny...in less than a year it's like how stupid of CTT for hiring such a no-name guy like Borges to now Borges is so good he's leaving for "greener pastures".  The SEC IS college football.  Borges knows that now.

131587[/snapback]

Great observation Numa. Funny that a thread about CAB going to Oregon gets a "greener pastures" jab! :big::big::big:

Look at those uniforms. Sorry, I couldn't find the all green. :puke:

lg_oregon.jpg

From Al Borges....

..."why in the world would the offensive coordinator at Auburn leave for a similar position in Eugene, Oregon, even though that is a good job..."

The above is his response to the Oregon OC rumor.

I dont see how Al leaves for anything short of a HC job.

131584[/snapback]

Anyone after any of bama's coaching staff? :big::big::big:

131585[/snapback]

Hey, just heard Heilig-Meyers is ready to interview Dave Rader for a position on their staff..... :roflol:

If big AL does leave, I for one hope its not for the LSU job that I hear may be open soon. I also will be surprised if he leaves for anything short of a HC job. There is still a lot of young offensive talent at AU. We may surprise ourselves next year if QB develops.

Guest Tigrinum Major
If big AL does leave, I for one hope its not for the LSU job...

131774[/snapback]

Please don't refer to Borges as big AL. It conjures up images of that ridiculous pachyderm that gayly frolics up and down the sidelines in Tuscaloosa.

"Duck"?

You haven't heard that Oregon has changed the team name to the "Highliters"?

131670[/snapback]

this made me laugh. the Oregon Human HighLiters

Beware of the markthrough!

ct

Archived