Ellis Johnson

Ed_

Just got a message on my phone that Nebraska has fired Pelini. If a change at DC is made, why not look at him as well?

Because he's a complete douchebag. And a whinyass to boot.

He was as a head coach. As a DC I don't recall him being a problem.

You think a character trait changes based on one's job title?

If he had been a problem when he was a coordinator, Miles would have canned his butt. Maybe they hid it well, I don't know but I don't recall any problems with him while he was an asst. coach. I'm not saying he is necessarily the guy AU should hire in the event they do move on but it's at least worth consideration.

The link I provided included time where he was a coordinator. And I still don't see where merely going back to a coordinator slot would cause someone to stop being an ass.

It's fine if you want to consider him. But you said he made more sense than Muschamp. I don't see that at all.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, Bo Pelini will not be coming to Auburn.

He'll likely be hired somewhere as a defensive coordinator if he wants to work next year. I don't think he'll be at Auburn either, but it wouldn't be because Auburn is beneath him.

Just got a message on my phone that Nebraska has fired Pelini. If a change at DC is made, why not look at him as well?

If he had been a problem when he was a coordinator, Miles would have canned his butt. Maybe they hid it well, I don't know but I don't recall any problems with him while he was an asst. coach. I'm not saying he is necessarily the guy AU should hire in the event they do move on but it's at least worth consideration.

The link I provided included time where he was a coordinator. And I still don't see where merely going back to a coordinator slot would cause someone to stop being an ass.

It's fine if you want to consider him. But you said he made more sense than Muschamp. I don't see that at all.

The main reason I said that was that with the history of Muschamp already being there and the circumstances of his leaving it would seem more likely that if it came down to those two then Bo would be more likely.

His ego is too big for that kind of step back. On the other hand I think Will's ego took a hit and he is trying to figure his place and would be good

The main reason I said that was that with the history of Muschamp already being there and the circumstances of his leaving it would seem more likely that if it came down to those two then Bo would be more likely.

I think any issues with CWM from the past could be worked out just fine. And I do believe he otherwise enjoyed his time here both as a GA and as DC. Pelini has zero history here and is way more of a loose cannon than CWM has ever been.

Plenty of options for d coord

With Auburn Ties

Will Muschamp

Gene Chizik

Tracy Rocker

Kevin Greene

Takeo Spikes just cuz he crazy and would be funny watching him snap

Outsiders u can give me the names

Ole Miss D Coord

Mich St D Coord

LSU Secondary Coach

Miss St D Coord

Kansas St D Coord

His ego is too big for that kind of step back. On the other hand I think Will's ego took a hit and he is trying to figure his place and would be good

If he wants to coach that's what he's going to have to do. He's not going to get a HC job anywhere. The next coach at Michigan might want him to be the DC there.

Plenty of options for d coord

With Auburn Ties

Will Muschamp

Gene Chizik

Tracy Rocker

Kevin Greene

Takeo Spikes just cuz he crazy and would be funny watching him snap

Outsiders u can give me the names

Ole Miss D Coord

Mich St D Coord

LSU Secondary Coach

Miss St D Coord

Kansas St D Coord

Of all the ones with Auburn ties, the only one worth considering is Muschamp. I can't see Chiz coming back to work under Gus. None of the others have any experience being a DC at any level. Don't see Mich st. dc leaving. Doubt Moo state or Ole Miss unless Mullen or Freeze go to Florida. Even then they'd just take their staff with them unless the coordinator were to be elevated to HC.

I think any issues with CWM from the past could be worked out just fine. And I do believe he otherwise enjoyed his time here both as a GA and as DC. Pelini has zero history here and is way more of a loose cannon than CWM has ever been.

You may be right. Who knows what will happen. I really don't look for it to be either one. I'm not entirely convinced that a change is coming, at least at the coordinator level. A position coach or two may get the axe.

How about Gibbs. True he didn't have a lights out experience but has done real well elsewhere and grown quite a bit.

I could see that.. We don't need a lights out defense. If we can field a defense that is in the top 30 we'd be fine.

Auburn has a decision to make;1)hire a young but recognized, very bright defensive mind who we think is the next "elite" defensive coach or 2) hire an established, tried-and-true defensive coach that will cost big bucks, but little risk. I expect Auburn to choose option 2, but for those that follow more closely who would be the candidates for a young coach on the rise?

I wonder if Tubs would come back. He's defense beat the updykes 6 or 7 out of 10 times. 6 in a row.

yeah, because he would leave a HEAD COACHING position to become a defensive coordinator. Good grief.

How about Gibbs. True he didn't have a lights out experience but has done real well elsewhere and grown quite a bit.

I'd take a chance on Gibbs. At least his D is aggressive.

Paul Rhodes, anyone?

I'd take him, assuming ISU doesn't retain him. That said, he wasn't too happy with the way Tubs was treated at the end if I recall.

ISU is giving up 37.4 points a game and is ranked 115 in scoring D.

Archived