2015 4* DE Prince Tega Wanogho, Jr. commits to AU!

TexasTiger

He's no longer signing on NSD.

Source? The news I got was that his family was just saying that he didn't have to sign on NSD and could wait, not necessarily that he would wait.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Top-100-DE-wont-sign-on-NSD-34810325

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to make this happen.

@DeanEagle5 If AU lands Prince Tega, the Tigers' roster will have a Prince, King, Queen, Duke and President.

We have 2 Kings, a Lawyer, a Knight ... we covered this earlier.

;)/>

This is awesome

Hmm... I wonder if he is waiting to see how everything shakes out on signing day before he makes his decision. Also, if you are the coaches... Do you save him a spot?

That depends on who you can sign in his stead. He'll be a "bird in the bush" that might sign with AU or might not. If you've got someone roughly equal that has made his mind up and is ready to sign with AU on signing day the smart thing to do might be to wish Prince well and sign the guy who is ready.

I agree with Mikey.

And I'm not sure if this is redundant or saying something different, but our remaining targets are of the caliber that we take them if they'll take us. Look at the guys visiting this weekend, and there might not be a single one who we would slow play in hopes of landing somebody else. Now, we might whiff on some or realize their substantial skill sets aren't a good fit (or learn of grade issues, attitude issues, etc.), but I think that's different than "holding a spot".

Now, I return you to folks who know what they're talking about.

Hearing he is close, but might wait to see who else comes on our board.

He can do that all he wants to, it's his choice. He's taking the chance to be in the "snooze ya' lose" department if we fill all the remaining slots while Prince is prancing around.

Some people are in more demand than others and they're able to do that, but he haven't had as much time as others on his decision, he should sit back and make sure he makes the right decision. Plus he's super smart so I bet he has more options than most academically as well

Some people are in more demand than others and they're able to do that, but he haven't had as much time as others on his decision, he should sit back and make sure he makes the right decision. Plus he's super smart so I bet he has more options than most academically as well

That's true. It doesn't invalidate Mikey's point, though.

I wonder if he could go back to the 2016 cycle if he wanted. That would give him a lot more time to figure things out and find the right fit.

I think he's a talent you leave a spot open for, especially when your team has 3 or 4 punters and none of them actually punts

I think he's a talent you leave a spot open for, especially when your team has 3 or 4 punters and none of them actually punts

We have three or four punters on scholarship that have never punted? Can you give me their names please? I can't seem to come up with more than one punter (Hutch) and one guy that punts and kicks (Carlson) and both of them punted this past season.

I didn't think I was in the political section....strike that comment how about I think he's the type of talent you leave a spot for? That work for you? Don't feel like word play games and to say Hutch punted is laughable. It's like arguing about defensive production and you tell me a guy who lined up and played some snaps on the kick off team should be included in the conversation

We have three or four punters on scholarship that have never punted? Can you give me their names please? I can't seem to come up with more than one punter (Hutch) and one guy that punts and kicks (Carlson) and both of them punted this past season.

Logan Rice, Matthew Shiel, Jarrod Fuqua, and Tyler Stovall are all listed as punters. Does anyone know if these young men are on scholarship?

Logan Rice, Matthew Shiel, Jarrod Fuqua, and Tyler Stovall are all listed as punters. Does anyone know if these young men are on scholarship?

Well I know for sure Stovall isn't. His baseball contact guaranteed him college money. I highly doubt the rest are on scholarship either

Yes, I do know. None of them are on scholarship. Check out WEAU's pinned thread on the main football forum.

Cole, who are the three or four punters on scholarship that never punted? That's not a political forum question, it's simply asking you to back up your ludicrous statement. BTW, Hutch punted 9 times, mostly in the second half of the season and some in critical situations.

I never said anything about a scholarship btw 9 punts is once again laughable. As I said before I think we do everything to get this guy, also once again I'm not arguing with you today I'm burnt out

By saying we save a scholarship spot for Prince then bring up 4 punters implies that they are taking up scholarships we could be offering to others.

That's how I read it anyway...

I also said just strike that part of my convo yet here we are still talking about it

Cole ... I think they are taking "low hanging fruit" pot shots at you. It was obvious to me you were being facetious. Don't feel the need to justify or debate your post.

You can say that, but when Cole uses a statement such as "three or four punters" to make a point against another poster, he should be able to back up his claim. Obviously he cannot back it up.

Make a point against another poster...you're waaay too old for that. I was simply saying I think we should make singing this guy a priority. Everybody's not in battle mode to argue with you about recruiting. This isn't even an argument

Make a point against another poster...you're waaay too old for that. I was simply saying I think we should make singing this guy a priority. Everybody's not in battle mode to argue with you about recruiting. This isn't even an argument

Yeah, that's how I took it. Mikey's still hung over from our imaginary party and feeling cranky. Man, that tequila moustache eagle provided was strong stuff!

Points and counter-points have been made. Let it die. Move along. Nothing to see here.

War Eagle!!

Archived