2015 4* DE Prince Tega Wanogho, Jr. commits to AU!

TexasTiger

A couple of our guys here have done the math and come up with 28 slots for this year for the total amount Auburn can sign. I personally think this guy is just too good to pass on. He's raw still but what he's shown so far is ridiculous for only one year of organized football. His kind of athleticism and size just don't come along very often, especially in one individual. I don't know what the staff is thinking with regards to him and I trust their judgement.

One thing nobody has mentioned is at 6'8" and his athleticism he is a take, but what happens if he is not finished growing? You don't see 6'10" DE's for a reason it is easier for People to get to their legs even at 6'8" that is an issue so he would need at least a redshirt year just to learn how to counter that. Who knows we give him a scholly for football and he ends up being a Power Forward for Pearl

Ed "Too Tall" Jones was 6'9", I believe. At an athletic 6'10" he could be a TE.

I believe you are correct about "To Tall Jones" there have been a few DE's in that range but not many as there is a point that being to tall for a position makes you less effective. Don't see to many 6'3"+ CB's, 6'7"+ LB's, 6'8"+ DE's 6'4"+ RB's, etc. I think Prince is right on the edge of being to tall unless he is that exception. Now one positive being from Nigeria he may actually be older then what it says on his transcript as I have friends from Nigeria and the record keeping in the country is not always stellar. If older he probably won't grow any taller.

Even so, at 18 years old, he isn't very likely to get any taller. If he does grow maybe he can play for coach Pearl.

David Robinson says hello.

EXACTLY what I was going to say if someone else didnt. David Robinson went into the US Naval Academy at 6'1, and left at 7'1.

Robinson is a good example but he was 6'6" when he arrived at the Naval Academy. He was 6'5" when he took his physical at that time 6'5" was maximum for Naval Academy.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing all this "we're running out of room!" stuff is a bit premature. If you believe Westry is going elsewhere (and many do), we've still got 8 slots to fill. Add Cowart and Holland (certainly not guarantees), add two CBs if you like (which seems like a priority for Muschamp), add another WR (which seems like a priority for Lashlee), that still leaves three holes to fill. Add the possibility that McGriff's grades are a bigger issue than we think (possible), that could be another open spot. That leaves us with Martez Ivey, Prince Tega, Cece Jefferson, Arden Key (if he even visits on the 30th), Torrance Gibson, Daylon Mack, and Terry Godwin... those guys are 50/50 propositions at best. All that to say, I very seriously doubt we actually end up in a spot where we're turning away anyone that we really, really wanted.

If McGriff, or anybody else, signs and doesn't qualify it does not open a slot. That slot is lost when they sign. The same guy, if he can get caught up in prep school, can fill it as an early enrolee next year, but once someone signs the LOI the slot is gone.

Jason Smith cost us two slots because he had to go the JUCO route. He cost us one his senior year in HS and another one this year.

Congrats to Price for being #130 overall in the final Rivals 250 of 2015. Rivals and 247 think a lot of his potential.

It is interesting that it is actually all about potential. Prince has all the potential in the world but he has a long way to go for it to be realized. It is his measurables and speed that are doing this for him. I hope it all works out for him and AU.

Potential is all any recruit has. Now I know what you mean with regards to him. Still we see it all the time. Players we are all but certain will be great just don't pan out. Probably 50% on average don't make it.

Agree, but the difference with most other players is experience level and knowledge of the game.

which is why I qualified my comments.

I think there are some who don't realize how freakishly gifted Prince is. He has the best physical blueprint of any DE in the nation in this class. That includes Cowart, Jefferson, and Sweat. The only guy close physically is Oregon commit Canton Kaumatule. Heis bigger than Prince. However I don't know he's as long and I know he's not as fast as Prince. Also given Prince graduates high school a year earlier than his age suggests I would be willing to be he has the smarts to learn football fairly well. Given all that, I completely agree with 247 having Prince in the top 100 in the nation. I'm willing to bet also had he stayed in the 2016 class he would have been a top 5 overall player in the class having a second year of football under him, maybe even #1.

I think there are some who don't realize how freakishly gifted Prince is. He has the best physical blueprint of any DE in the nation in this class. That includes Cowart, Jefferson, and Sweat. The only guy close physically is Oregon commit Canton Kaumatule. Heis bigger than Prince. However I don't know he's as long and I know he's not as fast as Prince. Also given Prince graduates high school a year earlier than his age suggests I would be willing to be he has the smarts to learn football fairly well. Given all that, I completely agree with 247 having Prince in the top 100 in the nation. I'm willing to bet also had he stayed in the 2016 class he would have been a top 5 overall player in the class having a second year of football under him, maybe even #1.

IMO he is as physically gifted as Clowney

What are our chances with him E?

That's what I've been saying.....

Wait...WUT??????? We agree?!?! No way! Stop everything on AUF right now. :lol:/> :cheers:/> cole

Lol

Anyone have information of the interest level of this kid in Auburn?

I think we'll keep recruiting him and recruit him pretty hard these next few weeks. It's a good thing he has said that he's waiting until after NSD to sign, because if we don't land Cowart or CeCe or Key, then he'll definitely be a take. I think it'll be a wait and see thing.

This kid is a priority; otherwise Garner wouldn't already be taking in-home visits to meet him. We jumped in right away to secure an official visit from him. We aren't in the position to be "slow playing" talent of this upside given what we have on roster right now, and the reality is that we have a better chance of landing this kid than we do guys like Key and even Jefferson. For those that haven't heard, there is now talk that Key may visit UGA on the 30th instead of Auburn...and Justin Hokanson recently CB'd him to UGA.

This kid is a priority; otherwise Garner wouldn't already be taking in-home visits to meet him. We jumped in right away to secure an official visit from him. We aren't in the position to be "slow playing" talent of this upside given what we have on roster right now, and the reality is that we have a better chance of landing this kid than we do guys like Key and even Jefferson. For those that haven't heard, there is now talk that Key may visit UGA on the 30th instead of Auburn...and Justin Hokanson recently CB'd him to UGA.

Yes he is a priority given his amazing upside. The staff is still looking at his academics to make sure they meet AU standards.

Anyone have information of the interest level of this kid in Auburn?

Given his guardians are an AU family I think he is pretty interested in AU.

It does not sound good on Prince's injury tonight. He was taken to the hospital and people have said they heard it snapped.

Poor guy....hope its a clean break and not something that could end athletics for him.

Heard people saying it had shades of the Prothro injury. Hope he recovers well.

Archived