2015 4* DE Prince Tega Wanogho, Jr. commits to AU!

TexasTiger

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SDS has a link to a tweet quoting his coach as saying "It's a clean break, he should be good to go by May" - HC Bobby Carr

http://www.saturdayd...ome-leg-injury/

First time in it's existence Sama Dumb Stuff has done anything useful.

Blind squirrels and whatnot...

The fact that all the schools immediately promised their scholarship offers were still valid is probably the biggest endorsement I've heard of this guy yet. There might have been a tiny bit of nobility in there somewhere, but I don't think that happens for a "normal" recruit.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, young man. Relax and enjoy the pain meds for awhile. Sounds like football is more than happy to wait for you until you're ready.

Would this be similar to what went on when we got shon colman? I am not sure how the medical stuff works out aginst scollerships and such if he is not able to play. Hopefully he recovers fully but if not maybe he can still get his college payed for.

He was probably going to be redshirted anyway. This shouldn't change things much unless it's some sort of unusual injury. If the schools that offered are going to honor the offer, then his college will be paid for. If he can't play he'd just go straight onto medical scholarship.

Unfortunately, there is always more to any severe injury than just the injury itself. For a guy that has just started playing ball to get that serious of an injury can affect the mental attitude towards playing all out. Many times, an injury like this early in a career causes guys to be a step slower and less secure/ more worried about future injuries. Definitely can't say this will or won't happen to anyone in particular but it is a possibility. For a guy that needs a solid year or two of practice and training to become SEC ready to be limited for the next year is potentially very damaging just in time lost. If the coaches are enamorated with him, they will take a risk on him. If they are only feeling good about him they may pass now. Tough decisions ahead for sure. I just hope the guy gets better and has a successful career in the future somewhere.

Would this be similar to what went on when we got shon colman? I am not sure how the medical stuff works out aginst scollerships and such if he is not able to play. Hopefully he recovers fully but if not maybe he can still get his college payed for.

He was probably going to be redshirted anyway. This shouldn't change things much unless it's some sort of unusual injury. If the schools that offered are going to honor the offer, then his college will be paid for. If he can't play he'd just go straight onto medical scholarship.

Unfortunately, there is always more to any severe injury than just the injury itself. For a guy that has just started playing ball to get that serious of an injury can affect the mental attitude towards playing all out. Many times, an injury like this early in a career causes guys to be a step slower and less secure/ more worried about future injuries. Definitely can't say this will or won't happen to anyone in particular but it is a possibility. For a guy that needs a solid year or two of practice and training to become SEC ready to be limited for the next year is potentially very damaging just in time lost. If the coaches are enamorated with him, they will take a risk on him. If they are only feeling good about him they may pass now. Tough decisions ahead for sure. I just hope the guy gets better and has a successful career in the future somewhere.

Good points. Fortunately, it didn't happen on a football field, so maybe the dynamics will be a bit different.

Considering how raw he is and the amount of talent we'll potentially have at the DE position, I assume he'd probably end up red shirting regardless of how quickly he can come back from injury, but obviously the less severe the better so he can hit the weights and start working on that technique

SDS has a link to a tweet quoting his coach as saying "It's a clean break, he should be good to go by May" - HC Bobby Carr

http://www.saturdayd...ome-leg-injury/

First time in it's existence Sama Dumb Stuff has done anything useful.

Thank God I'm not the only person who thinks SDS is pointless.

And thank God Tega's looking good.

I followed SDS for a little while and quickly realized they were the most grievous pot-stirrers in all of Internetland. The lede is always something like "You won't believe what Lane Kiffen said this time!" and then the story is that he said he likes Dunkin Donuts better than Krispy Kreme or something of similar gravity.

I followed SDS for a little while and quickly realized they were the most grievous pot-stirrers in all of Internetland. The lede is always something like "You won't believe what Lane Kiffen said this time!" and then the story is that he said he likes Dunkin Donuts better than Krispy Kreme or something of similar gravity.

That's ludicrous. Hot Krispy Kreme off the line > any dunkin donut, any day.

Speaking of gravity, I'm going to have some more donuts now.

Edit: And, on-topic, high hopes for a speedy recovery. It's always heartening to see schools not back off on offers over this kind of thing.

Even the thought will sound terrible, I'm sure, but I certainly hope we don't pull his scholarship. Any thoughts as to whether or not that's a possibility?

Any offer to any kid out there could be pulled. If Mr. Hotshot robs his neighborhood JiffyMart tonight what do you think will happen? In this case, however, just reading the entire thread would have revealed that ALL schools that offered him have said they will honor the offer.

Hot Krispy Kreme off the line >

Agreed.

Speaking of gravity, I'm going to have some more donuts now.

Pics or it didn't happen? Wait, no, that's how... nevermind.

Even the thought will sound terrible, I'm sure, but I certainly hope we don't pull his scholarship. Any thoughts as to whether or not that's a possibility?

Any offer to any kid out there could be pulled. If Mr. Hotshot robs his neighborhood JiffyMart tonight what do you think will happen? In this case, however, just reading the entire thread would have revealed that ALL schools that offered him have said they will honor the offer.

And that he's expected to be back on the field by May.

Andrew Bone ‏@AndrewJBone 26m26 minutes ago

Prince Tega Wanogho will have surgery on Wed. morning. Distal tib/fib fracture. It is not intra-articular. He will have rod inserted.

Just FYI in translation: That means that the break goes across the bone laterally and does not come out where the bone meets another bone (or, articulates, in medical speak). Intra-articular basically makes it so the bone splits at the end and creates two surfaces on the plateau where there should only be one.

Practical upshot: transverse and extra-articular fractures heal better, mainly because you can put a reinforcing rod in (as Prince will have done). That's pretty much downright impossible to do if the end of the bone is compromised like it is in an intra-articular fashion, or at least without some serious cross-bracing and rehabilitation.

The more you know, etc.

Prince Tega Wanogho will have surgery on Wed. morning. Distal tib/fib fracture. It is not intra-articular. He will have rod inserted.

Just FYI in translation: That means that the break goes across the bone laterally and does not come out where the bone meets another bone (or, articulates, in medical speak). Intra-articular basically makes it so the bone splits at the end and creates two surfaces on the plateau where there should only be one.

Practical upshot: transverse and extra-articular fractures heal better, mainly because you can put a reinforcing rod in (as Prince will have done). That's pretty much downright impossible to do if the end of the bone is compromised like it is in an intra-articular fashion, or at least without some serious cross-bracing and rehabilitation.

The more you know, etc.

Well, now we know and knowing is half the battle.

The more you know, etc.

Well, now we know and knowing is half the battle.

The other half is, as my Veteran 5 times over brother has told me, is "coffee".

I think someone said a few weeks ago that AU coaches were hoping Tega would stay with the 2016 class. But of course that didn't happen. I wonder if Prince would reconsider that option under the current set of circumstances?

I think someone said a few weeks ago that AU coaches were hoping Tega would stay with the 2016 class. But of course that didn't happen. I wonder if Prince would reconsider that option under the current set of circumstances?

There's no way to know what other, non sports circumstances he's got to consider. Also, can he put off finishing high school for a year just because he wants to?

There's no way to know what other, non sports circumstances he's got to consider. Also, can he put off finishing high school for a year just because he wants to?

Well if he hasn't used up all of his eligibility, I suppose he could always go back for his masters diploma.

I hope we offer and get this young man in an Auburn uniform in the near future.

Archived