2015 4* DE Prince Tega Wanogho, Jr. commits to AU!

TexasTiger

Think he has alot of potential. After reading about his work ethic and intelligence I think by time everybody are in their second or third year he will be the best out of this class

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think he has alot of potential. After reading about his work ethic and intelligence I think by time everybody are in their second or third year he will be the best out of this class

Definitely appears to have the highest upside. If we did end up getting silents from Cowart and Jefferson this weekend (big if) I wonder if he and Arden Key are basically competing for one spot.

Definitely appears to have the highest upside. If we did end up getting silents from Cowart and Jefferson this weekend (big if) I wonder if he and Arden Key are basically competing for one spot.

JMO, but I think it depends on who else commits, as well. With Irvin, we've got 7 spots left. Do we have 3 for the 'buck' position in this class? Maybe, if we miss on some of our other targets (say, on offense).

At 6'8 250 does anyone think if we miss out on our top DT recruits that PT could be the back up plan at DT if we are to get cow art cece and key

I was about to say, the guy doesn't look like a swing DE/LB. He's a prototypical 3-4 DE. He's got plenty of room on his frame for another 40 pounds. He could easily be an Arik Armstead (who's about to go in the first round from Oregon) or someone like that. By the time he's ready to play, I doubt he's competing for Cowart's snaps.

I think clearly he would be a SDE for us, possibly growing into a DT or even OT. Not seeing the issue here.

I think clearly he would be a SDE for us, possibly growing into a DT or even OT. Not seeing the issue here.

The issue (question) was do you hold a spot open for Prince until he makes his mind up. My answer is, not if some other good prospect wants to fill that last spot. On the other hand, if we can't get who we really want and are and thinking of saving that last spot for an early enrolee next year you probably let Prince have it.

I'm not sure how many will grey shirt, how many will drop out, how many DLs we take, or behind the scenes how many slots we have left, but there is one thing I do know. You can't coach 6'8". You either take on the project because you think he can be special or you don't. If you do, you figure out a way to make it happen.

I am not sure of the exact numbers but from what i understand. We currently have 21 commits. Auburn can count back five to last year for early enrollees.The last time that I tried to short it out with our current commits we were at around 80-81 on scholarship. Leaving 4-5 slots unless something else changes.

A couple of our guys here have done the math and come up with 28 slots for this year for the total amount Auburn can sign. I personally think this guy is just too good to pass on. He's raw still but what he's shown so far is ridiculous for only one year of organized football. His kind of athleticism and size just don't come along very often, especially in one individual. I don't know what the staff is thinking with regards to him and I trust their judgement.

A couple of our guys here have done the math and come up with 28 slots for this year for the total amount Auburn can sign. I personally think this guy is just too good to pass on. He's raw still but what he's shown so far is ridiculous for only one year of organized football. His kind of athleticism and size just don't come along very often, especially in one individual. I don't know what the staff is thinking with regards to him and I trust their judgement.

One thing nobody has mentioned is at 6'8" and his athleticism he is a take, but what happens if he is not finished growing? You don't see 6'10" DE's for a reason it is easier for People to get to their legs even at 6'8" that is an issue so he would need at least a redshirt year just to learn how to counter that. Who knows we give him a scholly for football and he ends up being a Power Forward for Pearl

One thing nobody has mentioned is at 6'8" and his athleticism he is a take, but what happens if he is not finished growing? You don't see 6'10" DE's for a reason it is easier for People to get to their legs even at 6'8" that is an issue so he would need at least a redshirt year just to learn how to counter that. Who knows we give him a scholly for football and he ends up being a Power Forward for Pearl

Ed "Too Tall" Jones was 6'9", I believe. At an athletic 6'10" he could be a TE.

Ed "Too Tall" Jones was 6'9", I believe. At an athletic 6'10" he could be a TE.

I believe you are correct about "To Tall Jones" there have been a few DE's in that range but not many as there is a point that being to tall for a position makes you less effective. Don't see to many 6'3"+ CB's, 6'7"+ LB's, 6'8"+ DE's 6'4"+ RB's, etc. I think Prince is right on the edge of being to tall unless he is that exception. Now one positive being from Nigeria he may actually be older then what it says on his transcript as I have friends from Nigeria and the record keeping in the country is not always stellar. If older he probably won't grow any taller.

This kid is an edge rusher. If you want to see what he could become, take a look at Baylor's Shawn Oakman or go back and look at Calais Campbell when he was at Miami. He does not have the build to be a DT at all; he is lean and athletic.

I doubt he grows any taller, and more importantly given recruiting profile inaccuracy he's probably not a legit "6'8" anyway.

I don't think they understand man.....if he takes to coaching well, this could very well be the number 1 prospect coming out

I love this kid and I hope we get him. He is a physical specimen but just because he looks good and has speed and agility doesn't mean he will be great on the football field against very large Division 1 players who grew up with the game. I tend to believe because of all I have read about him especially work ethic that he is a diamond in the rough waiting for Coach Boom to shape him into a great player but I also think people need to be realistic and realize what a jump it will be for this kid and not set our expectations to high.

Archived