Ellis Johnson out as Auburn Defensive coordinator

tigerbrotha12

I've been told there's mutual interest between Malzahn and Muschamp. Would be a formidable pair on respective sides of ball.

@TravHaneyESPN

My inital thought was no but I can't get past Saban/Kiffen, just saying seems to be working there. Also if he only had to focus on D just think how amazing things might get, but no Champ without T Rob

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

News approaches. .. ...

Is this fact or speculation? I demand to know what you know! Dont do this to me!!!

Reminder: Rumors are NOT allowed here. Unless there's a link for it, don't post it.

What I know has been said/discussed already, but is not concrete knowledge. At least to the media yet.

Enjoy the ride to improvement. It'll be fun.

Not a rumor! News is always approaching.

Very clever ...

I'd like for it to be Paul Rhodes again. He has a bad rap cause of the abysmal 2008 offense that always put his defense in bad positions, but that was a great defense. Plus he's huge on fundamentals, which is what we need right now.

best bang for the buck there would be.

Guest jojo1515

Twitter is ablaze if you search for Muschamp and Auburn....all speculation but lots of people claiming they know stuff....not unusual by any means but interesting..

I'd like for it to be Paul Rhodes again. He has a bad rap cause of the abysmal 2008 offense that always put his defense in bad positions, but that was a great defense. Plus he's huge on fundamentals, which is what we need right now.

best bang for the buck there would be.

Uh, has he been fired from Iowa St.?

So I wonder how long this is going to drag out.

Doubt it's very long. I bet we have someone in place in time for bowl practices.

My guess is this will be done within a couple of weeks. He could have someone named by the end of this week. I'm guessing he wants to talk to more than one candidate and he'll do that over the course of this week.

Doubt it's very long. I bet we have someone in place in time for bowl practices.

My guess is this will be done within a couple of weeks. He could have someone named by the end of this week. I'm guessing he wants to talk to more than one candidate and he'll do that over the course of this week.

He could've been talking to candidates for a few weeks now. I doubt they just decided to fire him after last night. This might have been in the works since the TAMU loss for all we know.

It was just announced a few hours ago. Good grief.

So we already announced who we hired?

I was talking about the hiring process! Good grief back attcha!

He could've been talking to candidates for a few weeks now. I doubt they just decided to fire him after last night. This might have been in the works since the TAMU loss for all we know.

Supposedly he was told he wouldn't be back prior to Samford.

To all the frequent posters here that personally and frequently attacked me for posting detailed reasons since September why ole Ellis did not have a realistic plan for Auburn to succeed on D in the SEC West... that won't be allowed here

It was just announced a few hours ago. Good grief.

So we already announced who we hired?

I was talking about the hiring process! Good grief back attcha!

I know exactly what you meant, genius. The OPENING just occurred a few hours ago. Did you expect a replacement in 30 minutes??

For all you Muschamp fans, don't forget that as soon as TAM fired their DC, twitter and such was ablaze that Sumlin's #1 target was Muschamp. So temper the twitter feeds and expectations, and trust in Gus. It was less than 18 hours after the end of the last regular season game and the announcement was made. Tells me he has a plan and knew before Saturday that he was going to dismiss CEJ. So he probably has some in mind and working it now. But remember what it was like when CGM was hired and it took some time to get his staff in place then. Same will happen now.

Archived