Ellis Johnson out as Auburn Defensive coordinator

tigerbrotha12

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If im not mistaken, cooper had over 200 yards against fla this year. So, is that the coach or the players?

Yep, but u left out that the defense scored 2tds in that game. With our offense, that game gets ugly by halftime! And the toothless ones start exiting the stadium in a hurry

Some guys are almost unstoppable. Cooper is one of them.

He is, but Bama did put 672 yards on Florida.

They had far more stops on d than we did and they were worn down. Guarantee u if our offense was paired with that d, it would have been a BLOWOUT

Whoever we get (Will), I hope Gus will let the new DC bring his coaches with him.

i would like to see boom bring Travaris Robinson with him from UF. Doing work with db's and on the recruiting trail

How about the current Florida DC?

I hate it for Ellis Johnson. I understand the reasons and I am sure the PTB had everything to do with it. He is a good man and was probably going to coach for just a year more. Early retirement for him?

http://coachingsearc...g-search-ticker

Auburn: According to Auburn Undercover, defensive coordinator / linebackers coach Ellis Johnson has been dismissed. According to AL.com, the school will owe Johnson nearly $2.2 million. Two names to keep an eye on are former Florida head coach Will Muschamp and Memphis defensive coordinator / safeties coach Barry Odom. Keep track of open FBS assistant jobs here.

Who knows anything about Barry Odom?

No doubt a change had to be made but, I too, liked EJ. Despite the defense being awful, he seemed like a stand up guy and would usually answer a question without ducking it with aggravating coach speak. Hate it for him but dude's got plenty of money. He can do whatever he wants to do

I hate it for Ellis Johnson. I understand the reasons and I am sure the PTB had everything to do with it. He is a good man and was probably going to coach for just a year more. Early retirement for him?

Well he's got 850 grand coming to him for each of the next three years. I don't think the PTB were behind this. This was all Gus.

Just my opinion, but I think Gus did a good job coming in and hiring a group of older, well respected coaches and they did a good job getting these guy's confidence back. Problem is that this older group may be falling behind times a little, especially with the HUNH offenses. I think the last straw for Gus was CEJ's decision to cover Cooper one on one. He said it before the game but I did not think he would follow through, but he did. While we had more passing yards than them, it was hard earned. Our guys were making catches under tight coverage. Cooper on the other hand was usually wide open with several yards of separation. I think we have talent and did better against the run, the passing defense went farther south this year over last. I think CEJ's decision last night cost him the immediate decision. Gus does not want to call the defense but he will hold his DC responsible for the outcome. While there may be some truth to the fact that the offense should have scored 70 instead of 44, that is a far cry from a defense that allows 55 points. Gus is doing what he should, CEJ is a good man and he knows that he has not met expectations. That's why they get paid big money. WDE

Let's get Muschamp, Shannon, and Rocker to be tri-co-defensive coordinators!!!!

War Eagle!!!

Recruiting dream team LOL

Sounds good to me.

Just my opinion, but I think Gus did a good job coming in and hiring a group of older, well respected coaches and they did a good job getting these guy's confidence back. Problem is that this older group may be falling behind times a little, especially with the HUNH offenses. I think the last straw for Gus was CEJ's decision to cover Cooper one on one. He said it before the game but I did not think he would follow through, but he did. While we had more passing yards than them, it was hard earned. Our guys were making catches under tight coverage. Cooper on the other hand was usually wide open with several yards of separation. I think we have talent and did better against the run, the passing defense went farther south this year over last. I think CEJ's decision last night cost him the immediate decision. Gus does not want to call the defense but he will hold his DC responsible for the outcome. While there may be some truth to the fact that the offense should have scored 70 instead of 44, that is a far cry from a defense that allows 55 points. Gus is doing what he should, CEJ is a good man and he knows that he has not met expectations. That's why they get paid big money. WDE

The iron bowl was the final straw, but having to score 60 to beat Missouri last year is unacceptable as well.

The iron bowl was the final straw, but having to score 60 to beat Missouri last year is unacceptable as well.

As I've said last year, he cost us the natty IMO. As a matter of fact, he has never been a natty champ def coach. Hate it for him, but he is financially set, so he will be ok

As I've said last year, he cost us the natty IMO. As a matter of fact, he has never been a natty champ def coach. Hate it for him, but he is financially set, so he will be ok

Early in the season it looked like he had things well in hand and the defense looked good. Starting with MSU the wheels came off.

http://coachingsearc...g-search-ticker

Auburn: According to Auburn Undercover, defensive coordinator / linebackers coach Ellis Johnson has been dismissed. According to AL.com, the school will owe Johnson nearly $2.2 million. Two names to keep an eye on are former Florida head coach Will Muschamp and Memphis defensive coordinator / safeties coach Barry Odom. Keep track of open FBS assistant jobs here.

Who knows anything about Barry Odom?

He gets my vote. No baggage...

http://www.gotigersgo.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/barry_odom_790354.html

why are we so high on Muschamp? i for one hate the jerky sideline attitude. thats a trainwreck waiting to happen on live tv.. i've seen several hate the guy on the other side of the state for that attitude but muschamp is much worse. he looks like an idiot at times. i dont know if that image is worth it.

Whoever we get (Will), I hope Gus will let the new DC bring his coaches with him.

i would like to see boom bring Travaris Robinson with him from UF. Doing work with db's and on the recruiting trail

I agree with this ^^^^ Muschamp and T-Rob would be excellent for AU.

Archived