Ellis Johnson out as Auburn Defensive coordinator

tigerbrotha12

Guest jojo1515

Zach Abolverdi @ZachAbolverdiFollow

Auburn fires its DC. If Muschamp returns to The Plains, may be a chance T-Rob joins him. He played & was GA at AU. Would be big blow for UF.

5:47 PM - 30 Nov 2014

Random person. This is being rehashed all over Twitter but is just somebody wishing out loud. This isn't actually from a knowledgable source from everything I gathered

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"There has been no news on a possible replacement, but ESPN.com has reported that there is mutual interest between Malzahn and recently dismissed Florida head coach Will Muschamp. Muschamp spent two seasons as Auburn’s defensive coordinator in 2006 and 2007."

Muschamp will not be our next DC. JJ doesn't like him.

Muschamp was the one that held hard feelings over how he perceived himself being treated. JJ is not going to try and overrule Gus on his choice of assistant coaches.

JJ doesn't need to "try" as he is Gus' boss! And Gus is no dummy, he won't go there on Muschamp. Don't get me wrong I would love to see Will back at AU but it's not going to happen.

Gus is going to get whoever he wants. If JJ were to overrule him on that Gus would be talking to JJs' boss and JJ would be out the door. JJ has made some questionable decisions but he isn't that petty or stupid.

The boss would back JJ not Gus jmo

If JJ were to let personal feelings cause him to do that then you have to question his ability to be professional in running the athletic dept. I don't think it would ever come to that. Whatever faults JJ may have he is professional enough to set aside any personal issues he may have and have a good working relationship with boom. I think boom would be the same way.

News approaches. .. ...

Is this fact or speculation? I demand to know what you know! Dont do this to me!!!

Auburn fires its DC. If Muschamp returns to The Plains, may be a chance T-Rob joins him. He played & was GA at AU. Would be big blow for UF.

Random person. This is being rehashed all over Twitter but is just somebody wishing out loud. This isn't actually from a knowledgable source from everything I gathered

Nah, writer for GatorSports.com and Gainesville Sun. That ain't random.

News approaches. .. ...

Is this fact or speculation? I demand to know what you know! Dont do this to me!!!

Reminder: Rumors are NOT allowed here. Unless there's a link for it, don't post it.

News approaches. .. ...

Reminder: Rumors are NOT allowed here. Unless there's a link for it, don't post it.

Killin me tim. XD

they fire muschamp and there is usually not many holdover from one coaching staff to the next, so how would this be a big blow to UF?

Guest jojo1515

Ok, wasn't aware who he was. There is still no facts included in the statement, just speculation. I hope he is speculating correctly though!

Guest jojo1515

they fire muschamp and there is usually not many holdover from one coaching staff to the next, so how would this be a big blow to UF?

Recruiting wise it may hurt more than anything else. May be what is intended...or the fact that they set up AU in a best case scenario that no one outside of AU wants to see...

News approaches. .. ...

What I know has been said/discussed already, but is not concrete knowledge. At least to the media yet.

Enjoy the ride to improvement. It'll be fun.

News approaches. .. ...

Killin me tim. XD

Who's tim?

News approaches. .. ...

What I know has been said/discussed already, but is not concrete knowledge. At least to the media yet.

Yeah, but do you know about that thing that I know about that's just as good if not better........?!!!!

Malzahn and Muschamp. M and M!

Me likey!

Would love to see this. Enthusiasm and solid recruiting - both much needed on D at the moment.

News approaches. .. ...

Yeah, but do you know about that thing that I know about that's just as good if not better........?!!!!

Shhhhhh

News approaches. .. ...

Shhhhhh

One thing is for sure. I'm in the know. :D

News approaches. .. ...

Dude, don't toy with my emotions!!! :pcprobs:B)

Tracking planes and citing Twitter and sports news sites, names being named, contracts already theorized . . . ah, reminds me of the good, old days!

News approaches. .. ...

Not a rumor! News is always approaching.

Archived