Ellis Johnson out as Auburn Defensive coordinator

tigerbrotha12

Randy Shannon? NO WAY!

Elaborate ?

That would require thought and constructing a full sentence. Not going to happen.

Shannon would be a great hire for Auburn.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPN did 30 for 30 and talked about Miami's thugs and how their coaches paid for their players to take out key players from the other team. Randy Shannon's name came up as one of the coaches handing out the cash.

First time I have smiled in 24 hours

Same here! I feel like we are at one of those threshholds in Auburn football history that if the right hire is made we will be a championship contender year in and year out, and winning them.

I want a good DC and a good recruiter for the defensive side of the ball.

Coach O isn't doing anything. As a bonus, nobody would get much info from his press conferences.

ESPN did 30 for 30 and talked about their thugs and how their coaches paid for their players to take out key players from the other team. Randy Shannon's name came up as one of the coaches handing out the cash.

Um, I think you may be getting the story confused. Or someone is lying.

Then came the August bombshell, a Yahoo! Sports story detailing claims from Shapiro that he provided 72 Miami football players and recruits with cars, cash, yacht trips, nightclub outings, strip club access and more.

Maybe the only thing Shannon and Shapiro agree on is this: Neither liked the other very much.

"All I said was 'Wow,' " Shannon said when he heard of Shapiro's claims. "Everybody knows what kind of person I am. I don't like a lot of distractions or things going on. And we did extensive education when I was at Miami, telling kids where they need to go, who they need to be with, who they needed to watch out for. We did everything we could."

Shapiro never implicated Shannon, and has even acknowledged what many around the program say to be true -- that Shannon tried to strictly forbid his players from dealing with the booster. An investigation by the university and the NCAA found that some of the violations occurred while Shannon was coaching, but that the most egregious ones involving current players happened before they actually signed with the Hurricanes.

http://espn.go.com/c...nts-coach-again

I believe we will have Muschamp in Auburn before the SEC championship game. Nothing like creating a buzz that will play out nationally while your rival is playing for the SEC title. Anything to keep our name on the national media's tongue in a positive manner is needed. I think this may already have been felt out as soon as Boom was let go officially.

If im not mistaken, cooper had over 200 yards against fla this year. So, is that the coach or the players?

Yep, but u left out that the defense scored 2tds in that game. With our offense, that game gets ugly by halftime! And the toothless ones start exiting the stadium in a hurry

If im not mistaken, cooper had over 200 yards against fla this year. So, is that the coach or the players?

Yep, but u left out that the defense scored 2tds in that game. With our offense, that game gets ugly by halftime! And the toothless ones start exiting the stadium in a hurry

Some guys are almost unstoppable. Cooper is one of them.

ESPN did 30 for 30 and talked about Miami's thugs and how their coaches paid for their players to take out key players from the other team. Randy Shannon's name came up as one of the coaches handing out the cash.

Not true...

Although he left Miami with an unremarkable win-loss record by the program's previous standards, Shannon still left a significant legacy at the program. He guided the school to the third-best Academic Progress Rate in NCAA Division I FBS. In his four-year tenure at Miami, only a single player was arrested. Perhaps most significantly, he was apparently untainted by the scandal that engulfed the program in the 2011 season, as he avoided contact with Nevin Shapiro, the rogue booster who admitted to providing massive amounts of improper benefits to Miami players from 2002 to 2010. Sports Illustrated writer Alexander Wolff, in an August 2011 open letter to university president Donna Shalala, noted that Shannon "seems to have been the only person in Coral Gables who wanted nothing to do with Shapiro, reportedly warning his players to avoid him and threatening to fire assistants caught dealing with him."[15]

Yes he is, but I would have kept Hargreaves on him throughout the game, he would have slowed him down a lot

I'm not keen on Shannon. He's a good LB coach, but no experience as a DC, managing position coaches.

Would be glad to see Rhoades come back, but he's a head coach now (although not a very successful one).

Muschamp -- why would he give up his $2 million plus per year payout from UF for a coordinator position?

Garner -- no, please. UGA fans are still applauding Auburn for hiring him and complaining about the terrible excuse of the DL he left behind.

My choice -- D.J. Durkin has worked with Muschamp for years and was DC under him. He's learned the job and knows how to build a good defense. And he has very solid recruiting relationships in Florida and Georgia, so he can bring in players immediately.

JMO

No you're not keen on Shannon at all

If Gus hires Boom, he does so knowing Boom's personality on the sideline. That will not come as a surprise to Gus. I'm for bringing Coach Boom back to AU. I hated when he left for Texas.

One thing we have to keep in mind if Gus hires Boom and that he'll be at AU lon enough to rebuild his reputation and then he'll be looking for another HC job. However, I think he's got a strong enough personality to straighten the mess out on the defensive side. If he cleans house on that side, including Garner, so be it.

Yes he is, but I would have kept Hargreaves on him throughout the game, he would have slowed him down a lot

hargreaves left the field injured 3 or 4 times in that game.

He is, but Bama did put 672 yards on Florida.

Saw on Twitter that the AU jet has taken off. Come on Coach Boom!

William Toothaker (@ToothakerW) tweeted at 4:28 PM on Sun, Nov 30, 2014:

Johnson fired. One of the Auburn jets took off about 15 minutes ago, for what it's worth.

(https://twitter.com/...184272050225153)

Weegs, my guess is that AU's jet for such jobs is this one and it's not trackable. Speculation only.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N20AU

Anyone here who keeps up with AU's jets by tail # ?

Archived