Ted Roof a dark horse candidate

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Roof is as bad as people let on either. He has a reputation for being aggressive on Defense but we never really saw it at AU. Also, his defenses after he left Auburn were better than when he was there. His GT defense the last couple of years has been solid.

Whether roof was held back or not he's a terrible selection for numerous reasons. This would be one of the most dissapointing hires in a long time if we settled for roof

I wouldn't hate that hire. His defenses have been well above average in every situation he's been in other than his stint with Chiz. is that a coinkydink? I think not.

Whether roof was held back or not he's a terrible selection for numerous reasons. This would be one of the most dissapointing hires in a long time if we settled for roof

Please elaborate. Not challenging you, I just honestly don't know those reasons.

Don't want

Completely understandable and i think probably everyone would agree he's not among the preferred choices. However, he'd be a decent fall back if everyone else managed to find what they felt was a "better offer" than Auburn. Obviously, I probably wouldn't be able to understand why someone would pick another job, as better, over Auburn but, it happens.

I'd rather not....but he's done some good work at his other stops and he helped us win the title in 2010.

I don't really have anything against Roof or his abilities, I guess I am just surprised to even see his name mentioned. Wouldn't be one that I would have thought of but whatever.

Yeah, he's at his alma mater and I'd guess his job is more stable than its ever been and they're in the ACC CS game. Why even consider going back to Auburn? It may be a rare occurrence but we agree on this one.

This guy said Ted Roof is HIS dark horse candidate.....not Auburn's. Nothing has led anyone to believe that Gus would want to bring back Roof except this guy saying he thinks it would be a good idea.

Good grief, I could go and make a video saying Bill Belichick is a "dark horse" candidate and it would have as much validity as this.

I will forever appreciate the job Roof did against Oregon in the NC game. He played a big part in our winning the title.

But now he and AU are in the past and it needs to be left that way.

I will forever appreciate the job Roof did against Oregon in the NC game. He played a big part in our winning the title.

Honest question: do you feel that way about Muschamp, also?

Failure as a head coach.

Runs a 4-2-5 base defense.

Coaches from the Press Box.

Sound familiar?

Anyway, I think Roof is where he wants to be.

Honest question: do you feel that way about Muschamp, also?

Muschamp wasn't FIRED from AU for lousy defense.....no matter what Chizik may have done or did not do.

BIG difference in the two.

Hiring Ted Roof would be like basically slapping Chizik in the face. Not happening.

We aren't going to hire Ted Roof, but it won't be because we're concerned about Chizik seeing it as a 'slap in the face.' Chizik's feelings, or anyone else's feelings about Chizik, are a complete non-factor in this decision.

Archived