Ted Roof a dark horse candidate

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No consideration for Bill Clark..available ..good coach...would come relatively inexpensive...but most importantly a good damn defensive coach

He's on the list...the list that you look at if Muschamp says no. But there are other damn good defensive coaches on that list than might not come cheap, but have more experience at this level.

If there is no muschamp, I for one am hoping for venables, Clark, or perhaps Diaz. IF, Aliotti is interested in coming out of retirement, I would like to have him second most behind muschamp.

Watching his defense get railed against crab legs and crew....should end any convo of him being even a dark horse candidate.

Yeah, because its absolutely a total picture to judge a performance based on ONE game..

So we have gone from Muchamp to Roof? :laugh:

This reminds me of going from Bill O'Brien (or whoever the NFL OC was supposed to be) to Scott Loeffler as our OC.

Most ridiculous thread I have read here in a while. THAT includes some pretty stupid threads...

Most ridiculous thread I have read here in a while. THAT includes some pretty stupid threads...

I agree.

Guest jojo1515

Forced 1 punt all night. About as pathetic as a defense can possibly play. Not only no to Roof but heeeeeeeelllllllllll nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After what has happened tonight can we now just kill this thread just like Winston killed GT's defense all night? :)

I agree.

The aliens thought they had found intelligent life in the universe. That was until they went to an Auburn football forum during a coaching search. Since then they've passed us by and continue their quest to find intelligent life.

Guest jojo1515

I agree.

The aliens thought they had found intelligent life in the universe. That was until they went to an Auburn football forum during a coaching search. Since then they've passed us by and continue their quest to find intelligent life.

Good I hear they bring probes :/

Regardless of CTR's abilities/talents, I think hiring him would be a terrible PR and morale step. I'm afraid the media, fans, and most importantly recruits, would see it as a step backward, a loss/failure in the DC search after pursuing Muschamp, and a stumble in the program momentum that CGM is trying to build. JMHO

I think last night Roof demonstrated that he can put a good defense on the field but not one that is good enough to stand up to the best offenses and best teams. BVG I think has demonstrated that as well. You can put up good numbers against weak competition which he has done throughout most of his career. Granted Chizik did meddle in his defense to a degree but that wasn't the sole reason for his troubles at AU. Not everybody can coach defense well enough to stand up to the talent that you face week in and week out in the SEC. That's not to say that someone outside the SEC can't come in and do it but you have to be careful of stats from someone that coaches 9 weeks out of 12 against less than stellar offensive talent.

Gus and Roof were co-coordinators at AU. The answer to the OP lies in how the two worked together. Myself, I think we can do better.

Watching his defense get railed against crab legs and crew....should end any convo of him being even a dark horse candidate.

Yeah, because its absolutely a total picture to judge a performance based on ONE game..

Maybe not a total picture but it is very telling. He should be way down the list based on this performance alone

Maybe not a total picture but it is very telling.

Not really

He should be way down the list based on this performance alone

Yeah, because every defense holds the only undefeated team in the country to 3 fg's in the second half. Why would any team want that? That's definitely enough to push him way down the list. :drippingsarcasm7pa:

There were two touchdowns the guy was wide open with a defender trailing by at least 5 yards - I mean it happened twice in the same game. Not like they had to fight for the ball I mean they were wide open. Did not look they were well prepared or made any in game adjustments at all...one or two stops and GaTech wins this game...

Archived