Ted Roof a dark horse candidate

DyeHardAllTheWay

It's easy to forget with their recent malaise, but Texas was at their peak during the Mack Brown years from 2002-2009. They won 10-13 games a year every year during that stretch. When Muschamp went there, they were two years removed from a BCS title and Chizik had just parlayed the DC job into a HC gig. For all Auburn's success in the mid 00's, they kept falling short (aside from 2004) of winning the division.

You didn't need some flimsy reason like Tim Jackson being a ticket-hoarding douchebag to leave for Texas in 2007.

JMO...but you might want to watch the personal attacks....don't need that to defend Muschamp's decision to leave.

Your opinion is noted.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Gus will hire the best candidate for the job whoever that may be. Ted Roof is 99.9% unlikely to be our next DC.

So what does that tell Gus and us. No one wanted Roof. We might as well have kept Ellis if Ted gets hired.

Wrong sir. Wrong.

Gus needs a decent defense to compliment his offense. He isn't going to put his own career on the line and roll the dice giving Ted Roof a 2nd chance at AU.

Not like Roof needs a second chance anywhere...he's doing fine where he is...at his alma mater.

Can't see any benefit to him or AU for him to come back.

Yes, that too.

Hell No! That's he's been 'better than average' elsewhere is hardly a ringing endorsement. Let's see if we can find someone a bit better than 'better than average'.

So what does that tell Gus and us. No one wanted Roof. We might as well have kept Ellis if Ted gets hired.

Wrong sir. Wrong.

My opinion only, but don't see Roof in his top three. Ellis is not in the equation anymore. That would be going back and kinda see Roof as going back in the not too distant past as well.

We can do a lot better then Ted Roof.

I think so too but he has been pretty effective everywhere he's been except for Auburn. I would think that, if they can't reach a deal with Boom, they should go after Randy Shannon.

I suspect with Boom, if its not one thing holding a deal up its going to be 2 things. He's a good DC but he's also an extraordinary prima donna. I'd be very pleased with Shannon and to send Boom on his way.

...which completely contradicts everything Florida people say about him. You got any backup for that assertion?

Really don't need UF fan assist. if the story is true that he left Auburn in '07 because he didn't get almost 50 tickets to the Bowl game when all the other coaches got less than 20, well, I rest my case. Feel free to have your own opinion, I have mine.

So *if* a hypothetical thing you heard wherever is true (which was not a qualifier you threw out before), then he's an "extraordinary prima donna." Not to mention it was never said that he left because of an issue over tickets, just that he had a somewhat heated disagreement with Tim Jackson, everyone's favorite ticket manager, over some bowl game tickets. Amazing the confidence anonymous message board posters speak with about people they don't know.

And stop throwing out this misguided "opinion" blanket you use to cover any harebrained theory you want to express. It doesn't give you a free pass to make s*** up.

HAHAHA.Dude you're an internet bad ass aren't ya? I dont need any kind of pass from you pal. I dont even know if the incident with Tim Jackson happened or not but it was speculated to have gone down. There is not a damn thing misguided about my opinion. You just dont like it. I saw Muschamp's sideline interview right after UF squeaked by UT this year and the first thought that occurred to me was..."What a frickin douchebag" I know you're all in for this hire the same way you were Bobby Petrino but, when all this is said and done my guess is you're going to be 0 for 2. Rage on aufamily warrior rage on!

This would be the most obvious candidate. One, that typically follows an "I surrender", "Please forgive me, I know not what I do". response from Jay Jacobs. Hell, he settled for Gus. All I hear is Gus this and Gus that when talking about Auburn's offense. Can someone tell me what role Rhett Laslee has with the team? I could have sworn he was the acting offensive coordinator who gets no credit for anything.

This would be the most obvious candidate. One, that typically follows an "I surrender", "Please forgive me, I know not what I do". response from Jay Jacobs. Hell, he settled for Gus. All I hear is Gus this and Gus that when talking about Auburn's offense. Can someone tell me what role Rhett Laslee has with the team? I could have sworn he was the acting offensive coordinator who gets no credit for anything.

Rhett has the primary job of being the QB coach. He has done a lot of good in that regard. He has a lot of input through the week in putting the gameplan together. Gus is the one that calls the plays during the game.

My idiot meter just exploded. Then my trollometer melted into a puddle.

I think Gus depends on him a lot because he knows what to look for on the back side of the defense. Gus depends on Rhett to give him direction in terms of what the defense is doing which Gus uses in his play calling. Just a guess but they talk a lot between series and sometimes between plays

HAHAHA.Dude you're an internet bad ass aren't ya? I dont need any kind of pass from you pal.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but given that at the click of a mouse I can end your tenure here, you sort of do. I don't really point that out much because it's self-evident to most. That's not saying I would do something like that just because you have a different opinion about something. I don't boot people for such things. But just understand this....saying it's your opinion doesn't mean you get to say whatever wacko crap you feel like and not get blasted for it.

I dont even know if the incident with Tim Jackson happened or not but it was speculated to have gone down.

Then don't make concrete declarations you can't back up.

There is not a damn thing misguided about my opinion. You just dont like it.

I don't like that you state things as fact then backpedal to "my opinion" when someone calls you out on it. I don't care what opinions you hold. I just expect them to come from a place of actual knowledge or for you to temper them with some qualifications.

I saw Muschamp's sideline interview right after UF squeaked by UT this year and the first thought that occurred to me was..."What a frickin douchebag" I know you're all in for this hire the same way you were Bobby Petrino but, when all this is said and done my guess is you're going to be 0 for 2. Rage on aufamily warrior rage on!

I'll agree it wasn't his finest moment. It's one incident where he vented after a frustrating season and a half. Still doesn't support your "opinion."

All I know is this...you keep snotting off like you can say anything you want without pushback and you won't be around to see who's raging about anything. That clear enough for you?

Yep, troll meter just peaked....

Some peak. Some melt. Mine just gave an "overload/out of range" error and shut down quietly. ;D

Christmas is coming. See if you can convince some Auburn alums to buy you a new one. They're kind of expensive this time a year. Know this, if Ted Roof is the next DC, we'll be doing a complete reboot to find the next Auburn DC in two years. I'm not into cycles or patterns so I prefer not to travel down that road.

Christmas is coming. See if you can convince some Auburn alums to buy you a new one. They're kind of expensive this time a year. Know this, if Ted Roof is the next DC, we'll be doing a complete reboot to find the next Auburn DC in two years. I'm not into cycles or patterns so I prefer not to travel down that road.

Idiot troll says what?

I'm not worried about hiring roof, mainly because it won't happen.

Some peak. Some melt. Mine just gave an "overload/out of range" error and shut down quietly. ;D

Well at least we know they work. :lol:

In the spirit of Christmas, give us all a present....stop saying dumb stuff. We aren't hiring Ted Roof. Period. Quit being a troll.

Archived