Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have not posted in a long time, but have been around forever. I check in on a regular basis, but felt this required a post...BRING ON BOOM! WDE!

Definitely requires a post, good call.

I've seen a lot of people saying: " was it just me or did Malzahn look really happy and giddy tonight?" Maybe he knows the deal is "done" ;)

The real question though Mav is how many Double Bubbles was he wadding up in his mouth?!

I've seen a lot of people saying: " was it just me or did Malzahn look really happy and giddy tonight?" Maybe he knows the deal is "done" ;)/>

He'd just been told WC was being granted another year of eligibility.

Assuming WM is the man, I have seen some argue about the fundamentals of his defenses. Some have said his D is very fundamentally sound, others have argued they are more about the hits and forcing TOs. I remember the game at Arky when they had the stud backfield and we played lights out on D. From what I remember we had both fundamentals and big hits that game!

In short, I don't think they are mutually exclusive. Think the Steelers and Ravens in the pros, who both do each very well (at least, historically speaking).

Just wondering what some of you guys/gals thought. Not counting my eggs before they're hatched, but it is WM related, so it has that going for it!

You can play sound fundamental defense and hit hard. We used to do that. I remember those defenses under Wayne Hall back in the 80's. Those boys played sound football and would knock your head off. I've seen his defenses play well and put the fear of God into a ball carrier.

I've seen a lot of people saying: " was it just me or did Malzahn look really happy and giddy tonight?" Maybe he knows the deal is "done" ;)/>

^^This

It wasn't granted. He took it from them.

There's no real info coming out so just let people have their fun. It's been a while since. For those who want a thread with only Muschamp info create a thread called "non-random Muschamp discussion". I doubt the mods would have any problems with it.

Assuming WM is the man, I have seen some argue about the fundamentals of his defenses. Some have said his D is very fundamentally sound, others have argued they are more about the hits and forcing TOs. I remember the game at Arky when they had the stud backfield and we played lights out on D. From what I remember we had both fundamentals and big hits that game!

In short, I don't think they are mutually exclusive. Think the Steelers and Ravens in the pros, who both do each very well (at least, historically speaking).

Just wondering what some of you guys/gals thought. Not counting my eggs before they're hatched, but it is WM related, so it has that going for it!

You can play sound fundamental defense and hit hard. We used to do that. I remember those defenses under Wayne Hall back in the 80's. Those boys played sound football and would knock your head off. I've seen his defenses play well and put the fear of God into a ball carrier.

I agree. I just know some were claiming WM's D lack certain fundamental techniques. I don't think any proof or actual instances were given though.

I remember many an AU game where the D brought the wood and wrapped up and made open field tackles. I especially remember that LSwho game that year we won like 9-7 or something. I believe B. Cox was QB and played a good part of the game hobbled.

I agree. I just know some were claiming WM's D lack certain fundamental techniques. I don't think any proof or actual instances were given though.

I remember many an AU game where the D brought the wood and wrapped up and made open field tackles. I especially remember that LSwho game that year we won like 9-7 or something. I believe B. Cox was QB and played a good part of the game hobbled.

Yes indeed. The secondary was in position and made plays and would hit legally. No man is perfect but WM is as good as they come.

There's no real info coming out so just let people have their fun. It's been a while since. For those who want a thread with only Muschamp info create a thread called "non-random Muschamp discussion". I doubt the mods would have any problems with it.

Then everyone would probably just wander over to that thread once this one breaks the football forum record.

Then everyone would probably just wander over to that thread once this one breaks the football forum record.

Redundancy

As long as its good, clean fun I don't see the harm. Auburn people have a lots of good qualities but when it comes to the future of our defense patience isn't one of them.

As long as its good, clean fun I don't see the harm. Auburn people have a lots of good qualities but when it comes to the future of our defense patience isn't one of them.

I've just been refreshing constantly, and honestly if it had turned into something crazy like ragging on each other I'd have a problem with it. I think it's been quite entertaining even though I don't know half of the people you're talking about lol.

Hopefully tomorrow will be the day. I am at the point that I just want it to be over..............no matter the outcome.

Agreed

Tomorrow, and tomorrow,and tomorrow

Creeps in this petty pace from day to day

Until the last syllable of Muschamp's deal;

and all our yesterday's have arm tackles

The way to sure defeat. Out, out poor technique!

Our D is but a walking shadow, a poor player,

That misses assignments on the field,

and then it limps away. It is a sad tale

Told by armchair DCs, full of wrap-ups and squared shoulders,

signifying nothing (until WM comes)!

9:30 at night and there are still 181 ppl reading this thread, 62 members, 117 guest, and one anonymous. Crazy, somewhat funny, but crazy! Yet I keep coming back. Till the a.m. folks, good night!

I wasnt able to get a time or any other info. I was just told to "chill out" by my source because I have asked 100 questions, but he reassured me that it is a done deal! I know that I have not posted on here but a few times, but I have been checking this message board for quite some time....before it was AUFAMILY. So I didnt come here tonight to pump everyone up, just trying to pass along some inside information. I do have family and friends in and around the AU Football program for what its worth.

Hopefully tomorrow will be the day. I am at the point that I just want it to be over..............no matter the outcome.

Agreed

Tomorrow, and tomorrow,and tomorrow

Creeps in this petty pace from day to day

Until the last syllable of Muschamp's deal;

and all our yesterday's have arm tackles

The way to sure defeat. Out, out poor technique!

Our D is but a walking shadow, a poor player,

That misses assignments on the field,

and then it limps away. It is a sad tale

Told by armchair DCs, full of wrap-ups and square shoulders,

signifying nothing (until WM comes)!

I'm not gonna lie I had to read that a few times.

Archived